Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1097 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3010 (resized).JPG
    Stern Purple Chrome 2 (resized).JPG
    IMG_89531 (resized).jpg
    IMG_89491 (resized).jpg
    20160923_151242 (resized).jpg
    20160923_141048 (resized).jpg
    SS ball guide polish (resized).jpg
    20160826_152716 (resized).jpg
    20160826_152710 (resized).jpg
    20160826_152641 (resized).jpg
    14067637_191136737971823_6721992181982558230_n (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

With the untimely passing of pinball restoration legend Mike Chestnut, there is a void in the pinball community to deliver the exact same quality product that he did. I have secured his metal finishing expert and will continue to guarantee top quality plating. The only way I was going to pursue this venture was if I could replicate his quality and I have found a way to make that happen. Everything is up and operational and I am taking orders now. My inventory is being built up and includes legs, lock bars, side rails, coin doors, trim pieces, and much more. I can take custom orders as well as your wire forms, shooters, and all other pinball parts. The community has been very receptive and open and I appreciate that very much. Looking forward to talking to and meeting many of you guys in the future. I have several orders in the works now and I am sure people can chime in once they start receiving completed orders. All of my contact information is below. Online ordering and store to follow shortly, but for now feel free to email or call.

Pinball Plating and More
    Ron Woodard
    200 Blanton Avenue
    Nashville, TN 37210

Cell: 615-406-0204

[email protected] (for plating orders and quotes)

[email protected] (business related questions for wholesalers and retailers)

I am sure there are a few of you guys with pending orders with Mike. I would love to help out with that, but I am sure his dad will want to handle these since they were in Mike's possession. I can and will do anything and everything I can to help if that is what Mike's family and you decide. I live very close by and can do whatever to help.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks for all the support so far. Keep the emails and orders coming. Takes about 2 weeks give or take to get your stuff shipped back out.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks Guys, I have had a few questions about pricing. Chrome and brass are very close to the same price. Brass is usually $5-$25 difference depending on the piece. Black nickel is much higher than chrome and brass to the tune of about 50% more.

Still getting inventory set and orders are being placed. 2-3 week turn around at the moment.

#14 7 years ago

I am working on that, but that is up to his dad. I do have my own inventory in the works and is almost ready. I am taking orders now. Everything has been pretty seamless. Let me know what you need.

I also have plans on being at replayfx and some other shows. Please let me know soon and I can deliver items to the shows.

#16 7 years ago

Yea, that is correct. I am using the same shop and system as Mike, so I can't do large pieces in black nickel. I can do wire forms, coin doors, etc.. in black nickel.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from psd4me:

How big can you go in black nickel? I want to get the vents on either side of the backglass on my Haunted House restore done. Mike

PM Sent, but can do pretty much everything but side rails.

#20 7 years ago

Great week guys. Thank you all for the support! Lots of stuff at the shop getting done now and lots more coming next week. If you guys want in on next week's run then please get with me today.

For you really high end guys I can do gold plating now. I know there is a really small market for that, but available now if needed.

Also, I have plans on being at replayfx with a booth. I will be able to deliver items to the show if you get with me ahead of time.

Ron
    [email protected]
    615-406-0204

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

Ron what's the price in a pair of GoldenEye habitrails?

PM Sent

Pinball Plating and More
    Ron
    [email protected]

#26 7 years ago

No confusion. The shop and plating expert Mike used is a friend and someone I have done printing business with for over 10 years. I decided to step in and continue to do plating for the community. It was a easy fit and transition and I can provide the same quality. I actually talked to Mike's dad Sunday afternoon and he has no plans of doing anything with plating from what i can tell. I am supposed to follow up with him at a later date about possibly buying what little inventory Mike had left. His dad is older, so I really doubt he will want anything to do with it. Like I have said anything that was in Mikes possession is going to be dealt with by his family. If I can do anything to help I will more than certainly do that if all parties agree. If someone else wants to do some plating for the community then that will drive down prices for you guys. I had a very busy week taking orders and things are moving along nicely. Please let me know if I can help.

#27 7 years ago

If anyone wants to discuss via phone call then please call. 615-406-0204

#28 7 years ago

Thanks for another great week. It has been great getting to talk to many of you guys. Sure are a lot of great folks in this hobby. I have a way to do black nickel side rails now. I will finalize pricing this week and let everyone know. This will allow me to do full black nickel packages for your games now. I will keep everyone posted.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Can you post a list of item that will be typically in stock?

Stern and WMS

Lock Bars
    Side Rails - Stern - Lollipop rails
    legs
    backbox Hinges
    Rear glass slides
    lift channels
    H channels
    WMS Coin Doors
    Shooter Housing

#34 7 years ago

TOM Wireforms heading out today.

20160526_132028_resized_(resized).jpg20160526_132028_resized_(resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

Yours will go tomorrow! I will email you later tonight.

#39 7 years ago

Elvis Ramps turned out great!

Elvis_Ramps_(resized).JPGElvis_Ramps_(resized).JPG

#42 7 years ago

I have some cool stuff coming guys. I will continue to do plating of course, but my partner went and picked up some really cool equipment last night. We are going to try to get everything setup this weekend. I will be able to do cool overlays on top of the plating and also do colored pieces similar to powder coating. I will be posting more details in the weeks to come. You can see in the pictures I could do some roses on a GNR pin or add some skulls to chrome legs or lock bar. With the skull overlay you would be able to still see the shine of the chrome through the skulls. I will be able to get 1000's of different films for different pin themes. In the months to come I am working on way to do colored chrome. Imagine a Tron with blue chrome for instance! Really excited about some things I will potentially be able to offer in the near future as well as continue to keep offering plating for you guys.

20160527_094426_resized_(resized).jpg20160527_094426_resized_(resized).jpg

20160527_094539_resized_(resized).jpg20160527_094539_resized_(resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago

Stern chrome armor sets with lollipop rails in stock and WMS sets brass and chrome in stock. Also have backbox hinges for Stern/WMS available as well. Brass/Chrome WMS coin doors will be ready next week when I get them put back together.

I have stock of metal (brass and chrome) rear glass slides, H channel trim, and translight lift trim.

Pinball Plating and More

[email protected]

#47 7 years ago

Early Bally

Early_Bally_Rails_(resized).JPGEarly_Bally_Rails_(resized).JPG

#50 7 years ago

Mike did no plating of any kind. The guy Mike used is a family friend that has done business with my family for years. He has done pinball parts for over 10 years and knows the ins and outs of all pinball related materials. Mike and myself basically prep and assemble the materials before and after the plating is done. I have had a couple guys already send me things they sent to another plating company only to get quoted extremely high prices. This was the only way to offer the exact quality was to have the same guy do the plating.

I am currently getting setup for graphic dipping and and entirely new way to chrome plate which also includes colored chrome. This entire process will be done in my shop. I will still continue to do regular plating, but wanted to venture into some new territory and offer some other products. I am hoping to have things setup in 4-6 weeks. Will post some pictures of the color options in a second.

#52 7 years ago

Ignore the textured bubbles on the material. It will not look like that on a smooth surface. So this is some of the colored chrome options that I will have available soon. It is just as durable as chrome plating, but to me is easier to keep clean. Not shown in the picture is black and white chrome which looks great and when some graphic dipping is added to it the options are pretty incredible.

20160601_150453_resized_(resized).jpg20160601_150453_resized_(resized).jpg

20160601_150515_resized_(resized).jpg20160601_150515_resized_(resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

So wait, the same guy that did Mikes work is now doing your work too?
    Could this be the reason none of the 30 outstanding orders Mike had have been finished yet?

My orders and the shop has nothing to do with Mike's pending orders not making their way out yet. From what I have been told there was some communication break down at some point between the shop and Mike's dad. I am at the shop handling my stuff everyday. Mike's dad is a great guy, but is also up in age. From my understanding Chris lives far away and works several jobs. This is a very time consuming gig that takes constant attention which I have been giving on my side. This is not exactly easy and for a older man to try to keep up with this has to be hard. Mike's family are good people and I am sure they will get everyone's pending things out when they can, but again this is a very time consuming job. I have nothing to do with Mike's pending orders and I chose to keep it that way unless Mike's family wants help and I would be happy to do that.

#55 7 years ago

That would be on Chris and Mike's dad then, because I can assure you I am not delaying anything. I am at the shop DAILY getting my orders in and prepping items and taking care of my customers. I see Mike's stuff over there and it is getting done, so I would think things should be heading out soon. When Mike passed his dad called the shop and put a hold on things and that is where the delay/confusion happened I think. I completely understand with you guys being nervous. I would be the same way! Mike's dad will get things worked out. He just lost his son and I am sure it has taken a toll on him in more ways than one. My wife has access to everything and knows exactly how I conduct business, so if something happens she can take care of things immediately. I am about to get a buddy of mine and fellow pinsider involved, so he can handle the more technical pinball side of things and shop related stuff in case I can't be around. I would hate for you guys to be stressed out of your minds about your parts.

#61 7 years ago

You really need to be taking this up with Chris and Mike's family. When Mike passed his dad called the shop and there was some miscommunication of some sort and things got put on hold. That has nothing to do with me and what I have going on. One thing people need to also understand is that there is a 2-3 week turn-around on this stuff. The shop just can't put everyone of his customers on hold, because of Mike's unfortunate passing. I talked to you the other day and I have tried to be as helpful as possible, but this stuff needs to be directed at Chris and Mike's dad. I have NO control over anything Mike was doing. It is weird that I am catching heat for something that should be directed towards Chris.

Side note, if Mike got your order on March 21st then it has been plated and is sitting at his house somewhere. I know exactly how Mike handled orders and there is no way it sat around that long without getting plated. Might be worth a drive up to see Mike's dad. I have offered to help and there is no more I can do. I can't just show up at Mike's house and go through his stuff. If Mike's dad will allow I would help in any way I possibly could.

Ron
    615-406-0204

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Ron,
    Is that DyeSub printing?
    I might be interested in some STNG chrome with something unique / special.
    Can we supply artwork for "printing"?

It is not Dye Sub, but hydro graphics and yes I will be able to do custom supplied artwork. I have the hydro graphics about 80% setup at the moment. We are taking the training for the colored chrome next week.

#75 7 years ago

Coin doors are ready.

Chrome_Coin_Door_(resized).JPGChrome_Coin_Door_(resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago

Stern Lollipop Rails - I have full Williams and Stern packages ready to go.

Stern_Rail_(resized).JPGStern_Rail_(resized).JPG

#83 7 years ago

Keep the orders coming guys! I can do all metal playfield and cabinet parts. Ball guides and gates, ramps, wire forms, shooters, post, trim, screws, bolts, etc..

WMS and Stern legs, rails, lock bars, coin doors, metal glass slides and trim ready to go. All my stuff comes with appropriate matching bolts and screws.

[email protected]

615-406-0204

1 week later
    #86 7 years ago

Getting closer to colored chrome and graphic dipping. Missing a few components that I ordered today. I will more than likely just start with armor and after some extensive testing move to playfield parts. I will be able to plate plastic materials with this system and that opens up a few more options to us. I will still be doing the normal high polished brass, chrome, nickel plating that is currently being offered. I will post something soon when it is time to order. I will need some more time to get my process down and test things. I will also be working on a color chart for the colored chrome options that will be offered. I would really like to be offering this to everyone within the next 4-6 weeks. I will be taking some items to Replayfx to show off if everything goes well.

20160619_193555_(resized).jpg20160619_193555_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #92 7 years ago

A Funhouse project that was not real fun. Well over 100 pieces and counting...

funhouse_(resized).JPGfunhouse_(resized).JPG

#97 7 years ago

Lots of people have asked if ball and wire gates can be plated.

20160704_084004_(resized).jpg20160704_084004_(resized).jpg

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

So I'm a bit new to this plating stuff...when it comes to prep work, do I have to sand legs & lockdown bar etc. before sending, or will the plating bond to the metal just fine? I figure I should clean first too, naturally, but will certain cleaners leave residues that interfere with plating?

No need to do any prep work on your end. I take care of all that once I receive it. Only thing to remember is condition does matter. Large dents and dings will show in the plating. Small or fine scratches will cover up nicely. If you have any questions call me 615-406-0204 or shoot me a email [email protected]

#101 7 years ago

Fire! Bell Topper

Fire_Bell_2_(resized).JPGFire_Bell_2_(resized).JPG

#103 7 years ago

Come see me at Replayfx and pick up a suede microfiber to wipe down your armor.

microfiber_(resized).jpgmicrofiber_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #105 7 years ago

Those of you going to Replayfx please swing by and say hello. I will be setting up early Thursday morning and will be there through Sunday evening. I have full stock of WMS/Stern legs, rails, lock bars, hinges, shooter housing, coin doors, rear glass slides, lift channels, H channels, and bolts/screws for everything. T2, IJ, Shadow, DM, and Fish Tales Shooter guns for swap. Please send me any last minute request asap. I will have some examples of our hydro graphics for armor wrapping and HOPEFULLY the colored chrome. Going to be a few late nights to try to wrap up our first colored pinball pieces.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    www.pinballplatingandmore.com
    [email protected]

#108 7 years ago

I have my own pinball business and Chris has decided to do his own thing. They are 2 totally separate entities. Feel free to use me exclusively We both kind of do the same stuff, but each have some other options available. I will be doing hydro graphic wraps, color chrome, and pinball accessories to complement the high polish plating. The shop I use is the SAME shop Mike used for all his stuff. The owner has been doing business with my family for years, so it was easy fit.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com
    [email protected]

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Wow that's great news!! Two choices are always better than one. I will be at Replay first thing on Thursday. Will you be doing swap exchange on lockdown bars or rear glass slides and will any brass parts be available specifically legs??

I can bring whatever you want. Just make sure the part being swapped has to be in good shape. No dents. Shoot me a email today or tomorrow. I am heading out Wednesday morning.

Ron
    [email protected]
    615-406-0204

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

A lot of $$$.
    I believe Ron said he can plate in actual gold.

Yep, Can do 24K, but lets be honest. Is it necessary?

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Woody, are the stainless side rail's of a BOP more difficult and expensive to chrome the just regular steel ones?

Stainless can be a pain. Causes all kinds of problems for us sometimes. As far as price goes I usually charge a little more for stainless lock bars and rails but it is not much. I am doing some stainless system 11 rails now that we have re-plated 3 times.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

What about stainless ramp flaps? The ones available for IJ through Pinbits are stainless. Will this be a problem doing brass?

Flaps are fine. It is only certain things that really cause issues mainly rails and it is not always every piece. Just on occasion.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh crap. They all have to be perfect too, no dings or scratches right? Where do ya find a perfect lock bar for BOP.

Scratches are fine. Big dents will show.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Scratches are fine. Big dents will show.

Don't have to be perfect at all. Most old used ones come out nice.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Speaking of stainless has anybody done their metallica ramps? Including the shooter lane and outer loop and maby the lane wires. it would be Awsome.
    Woody could the metallica wire forms be chromed? I believe thay are powered coated.
    Just wishfull thinking but I bet it would look sweeeeet if all done together.

Yes sir, just have to strip the powder off. I am thinking about doing my MET ramps and wires.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

It was good meeting and speaking to you in person today Ron!! For anyone who hasn't seen these parts in person it is like fine jewelry!!

It was nice meeting you to man. thanks!

2 weeks later
    #142 7 years ago

I have a new batch of inventory in place and some new stuff coming soon. New products (cab trim and more affordable coin doors), new colors, custom painting, powder coating, and many more swap parts coming soon.

I will be at Expo in October which is right around the corner. If you need something done by then we need to start thinking about it now. I can also pick up your stuff at the show to save on shipping cost.

Ron Woodard
    Pinball Plating and More
    615-406-0204

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Finally, after years and years and years of talking about doing this, I finally sent off a request for pricing to "gold" (brass) plate a bunch of Theatre of Magic parts. Never thought about the ramp flaps though. Hmmm... I guess I will wait and see how much the rest comes out to. I have a brand new set of stainless ramp flaps that maybe I will hold off on installing just to see...
    Stuff looks amazing, lets see if I can afford it. LOL

thank you! Send it on in man.

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

do you have stock of Shadow and DH shooters for swap? If so, I would be interested in a prearranged expo swap to save on the time and shipping.

I have chrome Shadow, Brass IJ, chrome Fish Tales, chrome Demo Man, Chrome T2 and Black Nickel T2 guns for swap. Most are just sending their gun in with all the other stuff they are getting done, so there has not been a huge market for swaps. Let me know if I can help. I will be at expo, so will need to start planning things out soon. I am more than happy to meet people at Expo to pick things up to save on shipping as well. Everything I picked up at Replayfx has already been plated and shipped as of last week, so turn time is looking good.

Pinball Plating and More
    Ron Woodard
    [email protected]
    615-406-0204

#148 7 years ago

Finally got the colored chrome battle tested and ready. This round of samples I did blue, black, gold, and red, but there are many more colors available (green, brass, copper, yellow, pink, purple, etc). This is the first of 2 colored chrome options I will be offering. These are chrome pieces that I have colored and I can also do stainless steel if you want a more economical option. The next colored chrome option will be ready soon, but still working on my process at the moment. Until then I can offer the coloring as an add on option to chrome pieces or stainless steel. The chrome will obviously have a shinier and more vibrant finish than stainless. The chrome pieces still have a mirror finish with the colors applied. I will have samples at Expo for people to check out. If you want further information and pricing on this process give me a shout. I have plenty of stock on brass/chrome WMS and Stern parts as well if anyone has needs in these areas.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

20160826_152641 (resized).jpg20160826_152641 (resized).jpg

20160826_152710 (resized).jpg20160826_152710 (resized).jpg

20160826_152716 (resized).jpg20160826_152716 (resized).jpg

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn that looks slick. How tough is it, have you done a rub or scratch test yet?

Yes, it's very durable. Scratched and rubbed very hard and holds up great.

2 weeks later
    #161 7 years ago

Thanks man!

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]
    www.pinballplatingandmore

#162 7 years ago

I plate a lot of ball guides and they turn out great and really bring a full plating package together. I can also clean and polish your ball guides with great results. The cost is a fraction of plating them and they look brand new. I can also polish up all other stainless steel parts to bring them back to a great shine.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

SS ball guide polish (resized).jpgSS ball guide polish (resized).jpg

#164 7 years ago

Stainless is more durable than chrome and the good thing about stainless is it is stainless through and through and can always be polished back out. Overall good stainless steel is more durable than chrome, because it is an alloy and chrome plating is a fairly thin coating and scratches easier. For the purposes of HUO pinball they are both going to hold up fine. I prefer the look of a chromed out machine.

#166 7 years ago

Here are some pics of the chrome plated plastic I can do. I did black chrome on the plastic Last Action Hero shooter gun and gold chrome trigger. The black chrome looks very similar to black nickel. Looks fantastic and gives us some options on plastic parts that need an upgrade. I will have this up for swap after I let it cure over the weekend. If you want to swap or have some other plastic items you need chromed let me know.

Ron Woodard
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

20160923_141048 (resized).jpg20160923_141048 (resized).jpg

20160923_151242 (resized).jpg20160923_151242 (resized).jpg

IMG_89491 (resized).jpgIMG_89491 (resized).jpg

IMG_89531 (resized).jpgIMG_89531 (resized).jpg

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How does the chrome on plastic wear? I'd like chrome chrome tor my T3.

It will hold up for a long time. Has 5 coats of a automotive clear/hardner.

#170 7 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

do you have a brass stern shooter housing in stock?
    i'd like to add that to my cart.
    or how long before you get some?

I have some. Email me

[email protected]

#173 7 years ago

Expo is 2 weeks away! If anyone will need me to bring something we need to start planning now. Also, to save on shipping if you want to meet me at expo to drop off some stuff then go ahead and starting getting your stuff together. I will have a vendor booth setup Thursday morning to Sunday afternoon.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

#174 7 years ago

Shot of some great looking purple chrome.

Ron Woodard
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

Stern Purple Chrome 2 (resized).JPGStern Purple Chrome 2 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #176 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'll be putting mine in my box to Ron. That bell looks awesome!

Thanks Eric - Let me know if I can help.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It was great to finally meet up at Expo, Ron. I've never met Greg either. I'm glad I could buy you both dinner Friday night.

LOL, I do appreciate that Bryan! I usually skip meals at these things, but you save the day.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

1 week later
    #181 7 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Two brass plated thumbs up for Woody's WPC doors. Looks absolutely killer on my TAF!

Thanks Man!

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ron, I'm looking for brass or brass-plated external fasteners for a Stern Iron Man VE that I just powder-coated candy apple red, specifically the visible external fasteners for the coin door, side rails, and hinges (e.g., carriage bolts, pem studs, and wood screws). I already have brass-plated leg bolts in hand, and I can use my existing parts for the internal components that are not visible, if they are not available in brass or brass-playing.
    Is this something that you carry in stock, or would I need to send my fasteners to you for brass-plating?

Yes, i keep all this stuff in stock. Let me know if I can help you out.

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

3 months later
    #188 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Is there a general price list available? Legs,side rails, lock bar and such?

Sure on the site. There is a newer thread you can follow also: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingandmorecom-chromebrassnickelcolored-chromepowder

Ron
    615-406-0204
    [email protected]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plating-chrome-brass-and-nickel?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.