3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 65 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1098 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1097 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3010 (resized).JPG
    Stern Purple Chrome 2 (resized).JPG
    IMG_89531 (resized).jpg
    IMG_89491 (resized).jpg
    20160923_151242 (resized).jpg
    20160923_141048 (resized).jpg
    SS ball guide polish (resized).jpg
    20160826_152716 (resized).jpg
    20160826_152710 (resized).jpg
    20160826_152641 (resized).jpg
    14067637_191136737971823_6721992181982558230_n (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

With the untimely passing of pinball restoration legend Mike Chestnut, there is a void in the pinball community to deliver the exact same quality product that he did. I have secured his metal finishing expert and will continue to guarantee top quality plating. The only way I was going to pursue this venture was if I could replicate his quality and I have found a way to make that happen. Everything is up and operational and I am taking orders now. My inventory is being built up and includes legs, lock bars, side rails, coin doors, trim pieces, and much more. I can take custom orders as well as your wire forms, shooters, and all other pinball parts. The community has been very receptive and open and I appreciate that very much. Looking forward to talking to and meeting many of you guys in the future. I have several orders in the works now and I am sure people can chime in once they start receiving completed orders. All of my contact information is below. Online ordering and store to follow shortly, but for now feel free to email or call.

Pinball Plating and More
    Ron Woodard
    200 Blanton Avenue
    Nashville, TN 37210

Cell: 615-406-0204

orders@pinballplatingandmore.com (for plating orders and quotes)

rwoodard@usaforms.com (business related questions for wholesalers and retailers)

I am sure there are a few of you guys with pending orders with Mike. I would love to help out with that, but I am sure his dad will want to handle these since they were in Mike's possession. I can and will do anything and everything I can to help if that is what Mike's family and you decide. I live very close by and can do whatever to help.

#2 3 years ago

Ron,

As I told you earlier, I'll be sending you my Frankenstein wireforms, once I receive them back from Mike Chestnut's family.

Best of luck to you with taking this on. The pinball community needs quality plating available.

#4 3 years ago

Mike will be sorely missed, but there isn't a better guy to pick up this torch. Thank you.

#5 3 years ago

Glad this service is available. You have some big shoes to fill and wish you the best of luck. I will place an order soon. Thanks for your work.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

You have some big shoes to fill and wish you the best of luck

Glad to see this service also. Did a lot of dealings with Mike. email sent

#7 3 years ago

Awesome and a great thing to have a person step in to fill the void. I look forward to seeing your work!

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for all the support so far. Keep the emails and orders coming. Takes about 2 weeks give or take to get your stuff shipped back out.

#9 3 years ago

Thank-you!

#10 3 years ago

You will be hearing from me shortly

#11 3 years ago

Thanks Guys, I have had a few questions about pricing. Chrome and brass are very close to the same price. Brass is usually $5-$25 difference depending on the piece. Black nickel is much higher than chrome and brass to the tune of about 50% more.

Still getting inventory set and orders are being placed. 2-3 week turn around at the moment.

#12 3 years ago

Glad to see you picking up the torch. Thank you for continuing to provide this much needed service to our community. Best of luck.

#13 3 years ago

Will you be selling Mike's existing inventory? I was planning to buy new rails.

#14 3 years ago

I am working on that, but that is up to his dad. I do have my own inventory in the works and is almost ready. I am taking orders now. Everything has been pretty seamless. Let me know what you need.

I also have plans on being at replayfx and some other shows. Please let me know soon and I can deliver items to the shows.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Black nickel is much higher than chrome and brass to the tune of about 50% more.

Will you be doing large pieces, like rails, in black nickel? I understand Mike had stopped doing black nickel on the larger pieces some time ago.

#16 3 years ago

Yea, that is correct. I am using the same shop and system as Mike, so I can't do large pieces in black nickel. I can do wire forms, coin doors, etc.. in black nickel.

#17 3 years ago

How big can you go in black nickel? I want to get the vents on either side of the backglass on my Haunted House restore done. Mike

#18 3 years ago

Bookmark!

Thanks Woody

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from psd4me:

How big can you go in black nickel? I want to get the vents on either side of the backglass on my Haunted House restore done. Mike

PM Sent, but can do pretty much everything but side rails.

#20 3 years ago

Great week guys. Thank you all for the support! Lots of stuff at the shop getting done now and lots more coming next week. If you guys want in on next week's run then please get with me today.

For you really high end guys I can do gold plating now. I know there is a really small market for that, but available now if needed.

Also, I have plans on being at replayfx with a booth. I will be able to deliver items to the show if you get with me ahead of time.

Ron
    Orders@pinballplatingandmore.com
    615-406-0204

#21 3 years ago

Ron what's the price in a pair of GoldenEye habitrails?

#22 3 years ago

Thanks for taking over the business Ron. I always loved Mikes quality of work and have used him the past 10 years for all my high end restoration hardware on all my classic bally titles. Very sad to hear we lost such a great pinball guy!

Great to see you are carrying on the tradition and helping out the pinball community. I will be a customer of yours for the next 10 years!

Jeff
    aka "Pinball Pimp"

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

Ron what's the price in a pair of GoldenEye habitrails?

PM Sent

Pinball Plating and More
    Ron

#24 3 years ago

Ron,

I confused, I have worked with Mike on several games. At the time of his most unfortunate death I had several projects going. Chris AKA sc93cobra has reached out to the pinball community and asked for patients on our orders. He has since followed up with me on my projects letting me know there status.I was under the impression that the business will continue on in the proper time. Are you now taking over and working with the Chestnut family?

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Ron,
    I confused, I have worked with Mike on several games. At the time of his most unfortunate death I had several projects going. Chris AKA sc93cobra has reached out to the pinball community and asked for patients on our orders. He has since followed up with me on my projects letting me know there status.I was under the impression that the business will continue on in the proper time. Are you now taking over and working with the Chestnut family?

I'm just as confused as you are.

It seems like 2 people are taking over Mike's business. Not sure which one will succeed.

Just hoping to get my parts back some day soon.

#26 3 years ago

No confusion. The shop and plating expert Mike used is a friend and someone I have done printing business with for over 10 years. I decided to step in and continue to do plating for the community. It was a easy fit and transition and I can provide the same quality. I actually talked to Mike's dad Sunday afternoon and he has no plans of doing anything with plating from what i can tell. I am supposed to follow up with him at a later date about possibly buying what little inventory Mike had left. His dad is older, so I really doubt he will want anything to do with it. Like I have said anything that was in Mikes possession is going to be dealt with by his family. If I can do anything to help I will more than certainly do that if all parties agree. If someone else wants to do some plating for the community then that will drive down prices for you guys. I had a very busy week taking orders and things are moving along nicely. Please let me know if I can help.

#27 3 years ago

If anyone wants to discuss via phone call then please call. 615-406-0204

#28 3 years ago

Thanks for another great week. It has been great getting to talk to many of you guys. Sure are a lot of great folks in this hobby. I have a way to do black nickel side rails now. I will finalize pricing this week and let everyone know. This will allow me to do full black nickel packages for your games now. I will keep everyone posted.

#30 3 years ago

Glad this will continue I was hoping something like this would happen - I'm sure I'll be sending you quite a bit in the future.

Scott

#31 3 years ago

Can you post a list of item that will be typically in stock?

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Can you post a list of item that will be typically in stock?

Stern and WMS

Lock Bars
    Side Rails - Stern - Lollipop rails
    legs
    backbox Hinges
    Rear glass slides
    lift channels
    H channels
    WMS Coin Doors
    Shooter Housing

#33 3 years ago

17lb.s of stuff sent in today.
    Ron has been great with communication and I look forward to seeing what everything looks like.
    I had been meaning to send a order in to Mike C. and now doing this in his honor.

#34 3 years ago

TOM Wireforms heading out today.

20160526_132028_resized_(resized).jpg

#35 3 years ago

Sweet those must be mine.

#36 3 years ago

Yours will go tomorrow! I will email you later tonight.

#39 3 years ago

Elvis Ramps turned out great!

Elvis_Ramps_(resized).JPG

#40 3 years ago

Wow - Woody - that chrome looks sweet!

Guess i'm going to have to get more!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Elvis Ramps turned out great!

Woody that looks fantastic!

#42 3 years ago

I have some cool stuff coming guys. I will continue to do plating of course, but my partner went and picked up some really cool equipment last night. We are going to try to get everything setup this weekend. I will be able to do cool overlays on top of the plating and also do colored pieces similar to powder coating. I will be posting more details in the weeks to come. You can see in the pictures I could do some roses on a GNR pin or add some skulls to chrome legs or lock bar. With the skull overlay you would be able to still see the shine of the chrome through the skulls. I will be able to get 1000's of different films for different pin themes. In the months to come I am working on way to do colored chrome. Imagine a Tron with blue chrome for instance! Really excited about some things I will potentially be able to offer in the near future as well as continue to keep offering plating for you guys.

20160527_094426_resized_(resized).jpg

20160527_094539_resized_(resized).jpg

#43 3 years ago

Very nice Ron. Looks like things are coming together nicely for you. Best of luck!

#44 3 years ago

Man that Elvis ramp is sick.

#45 3 years ago

Stern chrome armor sets with lollipop rails in stock and WMS sets brass and chrome in stock. Also have backbox hinges for Stern/WMS available as well. Brass/Chrome WMS coin doors will be ready next week when I get them put back together.

I have stock of metal (brass and chrome) rear glass slides, H channel trim, and translight lift trim.

Pinball Plating and More

#46 3 years ago

Stuff looks awesome man. Look forward to getting my stuff blinged out this week.

#47 3 years ago

Early Bally

Early_Bally_Rails_(resized).JPG

#49 3 years ago

I'm confused, I thought Mike did the plating, but you said he had a plating guy. So are both of you guys just the middle man?

#50 3 years ago

Mike did no plating of any kind. The guy Mike used is a family friend that has done business with my family for years. He has done pinball parts for over 10 years and knows the ins and outs of all pinball related materials. Mike and myself basically prep and assemble the materials before and after the plating is done. I have had a couple guys already send me things they sent to another plating company only to get quoted extremely high prices. This was the only way to offer the exact quality was to have the same guy do the plating.

I am currently getting setup for graphic dipping and and entirely new way to chrome plate which also includes colored chrome. This entire process will be done in my shop. I will still continue to do regular plating, but wanted to venture into some new territory and offer some other products. I am hoping to have things setup in 4-6 weeks. Will post some pictures of the color options in a second.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 269.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 58.00
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside