Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitledd (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
futurespaupper (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
802b6335848935db28f8cf7bd5515064abdcab83 (resized).jpg
2455f2 (resized).jpg
DSCN3662 (resized).JPG
s-l640 (resized).jpg
2018-11-06_11.20.08 (resized).jpg
20181106_064625 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 months ago

Dave, Bally has 2 different length posts. The one on the right in your post is the wrong length, hence the loose plastic. The short posts are 1", longer are 1-3/16". I usually swap out the longer ones under plastics to the shorter length to avoid the screw head scratching the plastic. The white nylon acorn nuts are what was OE for Supersonic but the rubber nuts are easier to remove during the enviable switch adjustments under slings and other PF work. The OE nylon nuts are easily stripped out from over tightening so if that's your choice do not over torque them. Also the old nylon nuts will clean up nicely if soaked in bleach for a week, will look nearly new. If you prefer the rubber style, PBR has the best price on them.

DSCN3662 (resized).JPG
#22 5 months ago

And yes, the nylon post nuts are correct for Supersonic.

2455f2 (resized).jpg
#40 5 months ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Those are rubber post caps in the flyer pic.
Here is another link to a discussion thread. I am in the belief that the flyers *possibly* do not always match production games, and both were used around the years of this Bally era. My 1981 Bally Elektra had the rubber caps...and regardless of keeping a game original, eventually you end up finding these critters down in your outhole
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nylon-acorns-postnuts-vs-rubber-nuts

I have to respectably disagree. I have bought 2 dozen early SS Bally project games, many in the early 2000's which were from operators warehouses that still had the OE #44 brass base bulbs under the plastics and PF. Supersonic was a March 1979 release. While I've haven't owned one, I have bought a Star Trek 4-79 release, 3 Paragon's 6-79 release, 4 Silverball Mania's 2-80 release and a Space Invaders from 4-80. All had the nylon post caps. 1st game that I encountered that had rubber post caps was Xenon (11-1980). I know I'm splitting hairs but I believe the nylon post caps were installed into 1980.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
West Deptford, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside