(Topic ID: 4870)

Plastic protector/shield sets – yay or nay?

By wizzardz

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img_4410.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Any opinions from those who have bought plastic protector sets for their pins?

I can’t see a reason not to get any Cliffy protector for a pin if one is available, but I’m not sure how much benefit or how obvious/ugly a plastic protector set might be.

#2 12 years ago

I have plastic protectors on many of my pins, and I think they are fantastic! Not only do they protect the plastics, but they also look great, IMHO.

#3 12 years ago

They actually look ok to me. Like they should have come that way. The last two games I picked up had cracked sling plastics from ball hits or whatever, so I'll be installing protectors.

img_4410.jpgimg_4410.jpg

#4 12 years ago

I just put them on my FT slings after an air ball took one out. Wish I had done it before.

#5 12 years ago

I use plastic protectors on all my pins. For the most part they're crystal clear and the pin lighting picks-up the edges and makes for a pretty cool look IMO. They most certainly are not bad looking.

I also buy whatever protectors Cliffy makes for a particular title as added insurance.

1 week later
    #6 12 years ago

Ordered a bunch of new plastics yesterday for my T2. Expensive, but I really want to get it close to 100% as possible. Also bought the plastics protectors to hopefully protect them from breaking again.

Do they require anything special for installation? Do you use the same screws?

#7 12 years ago

I'll have to invest.

Thanks.

#8 12 years ago

So, am I right in thinking they sit on top & are ever so slightly bigger than the factory plastics?

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinballParadise:

So, am I right in thinking they sit on top & are ever so slightly bigger than the factory plastics?

They are bigger... but I think they mount underneath the plastics.

#10 12 years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plastic-protectorshield-sets-%e2%80%93-yay-or-nay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.