(Topic ID: 59312)

Plastic insert positioning on the playfield.

By MinnPin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MinnPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb_Totem_-_Mid_Playfield_Zoom.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MinnPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi everybody,

I have a 1979 Gottlieb Totem that I am restoring. The playfield is largely in good condition and polished up real nice with two coats of Millwax.

Most of the inserts (when lit, extra ball, etc) are really flush to the playfield, but a handful of them, primarily the ones I show in the picture below seem to dip into the playfield a bit. They are all firmly glued into place, but they are not flush. This machine is not yet playable, so I can't tell you how it all functions.

Is this normal or at least okay? Or do those need to be popped out somehow and fixed? I already broke a "When Lit" insert, early into my first pinball foray, trying to remove it from the playfield.

Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Tom

Gottlieb_Totem_-_Mid_Playfield_Zoom.jpgGottlieb_Totem_-_Mid_Playfield_Zoom.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Thanks everybody! This community is absolutely number one.

From the time a Pinside users posts a question until the time everybody runs to their aid is mind-boggling quick. I am very grateful to have discovered this site.

In answer to "The Director" as to whether it bothers me or not - I am not sure, like I said there are some other things to do to this machine before it is playable. It seems it would affect play, but I am not positive that that is true. People are saying this is normal, but I will look into the solutions available for this problem, and if when I try the game out for the first time this "cupping" is an issue, I will have solutions.

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MinnPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plastic-insert-positioning-on-the-playfield?tu=MinnPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.