Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Plastic Broke

Letter received on Sunday January 17th 2021.

Sunday January 17th 2021

Hello Lloyd!

I have a Pin2000 Star Wars EP1. From what I can find, it appears that the slingshot plastics on both sides are prone to having the tips broken off. I have replaced the plastics on mine and placed a plastic protector under them. The new plastics and protector have been on since October 2020. Last night when playing a wayward ball snapped the tip right off....the protector is still in place under it.

Before I replace it again, do you have any advice for how to protect the plastics if the plastic protector isn’t doing it’s job?

Thanks,

C3PO

Hi C3PO

I'd try this.

A hard plastic washer. Large enough so it comes to the edge of the slingshot plastic, maybe a little more.

Install it like this. Plastic post - hard plastic washer - then the threaded post that secures the post to the playfield ( so it secures the hard plastic washer and post to the playfield ) - then the protector - then the slingshot plastic - then the locknut.

Thank you,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plastic-broke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.