2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tommyp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi -

A long while back i picked up the mirrored back glass from CPR for my Whirlwind. I used the stock translite black molding around the top, sides, and lift channel on the bottom. They all feel loose. Is it that mine are just kinda stretched out from age, or are they the wrong size? If the latter - can you point me w/a link to the right spot to pick up the right sized ones?

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Hi -
    A long while back i picked up the mirrored back glass from CPR for my Whirlwind. I used the stock translite black molding around the top, sides, and lift channel on the bottom. They all feel loose. Is it that mine are just kinda stretched out from age, or are they the wrong size? If the latter - can you point me w/a link to the right spot to pick up the right sized ones?
    Thanks!

Use friction tape in a couple spots on the glass and then slip the plastic over it

#3 2 years ago

id prefer the right size ones if there's a better solution considering what i paid for the glass.

#4 2 years ago

I think you will find even tight fitting plastic rails will pull/fall off easily regardless.

I agree with @Cheddar, use tape around the edge and then fit the channel over that for a snug, safe fit.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks DBaron - exactly what i was looking for. Saw that thread forever ago and forgot to hang onto it and couldn't re-find it. Ordered the Sys 11 channels.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plastic-around-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.