Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2229 (resized).jpeg
    1284 (resized).jpg
    8B965A5B-D8DD-477F-8B96-74643A58CA20 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Runbikeskilee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

I did not own a plasma set, but did switch from 10-year-old LCD to Sony OLED. Have owned OLED for about 7 months. I went with the Sony because I always had very good experience with the brand and 3 out of 4 of the e-geeks at the local Best Buys suggested that they liked the Sony better, saying it had a superior processor and their colors were more natural looking than LG, which tended to look a tiny bit brighter and more saturated. The 4th geek owned an LG OLED and he thought it was close enough to the Sony, that the lower price made it a better choice.

I still marvel at the picture almost every time I watch it, especially for sports. Only 2 minor downsides I can think of: 1) I swear I can now see blemishes in on-screen faces and can even spot makeup that attempted to cover them up, and 2) the built in audio (without soundbar or other) on the Sony is nothing great. I did not really check out the LG audio.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Runbikeskilee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plasma-to-oled?tu=Runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.