Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by b_koenig
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

powwal_WallWart.jpg
    images.jpg
    images.jpg
    images.jpg
    305743.300x300.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider b_koenig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

I've been thinking about adding these to a machine. I'm guessing that the best way to wire these in would be to use one of these?

ebay.com link: NEW HIGH QUALITY COMPACT LINEAR DC POWER SUPPLY 3 4 5 6 7 5 9 12 V 2 AMPS

#24 11 years ago

Ya, I understood the service outlet part when I PM'ed you. But the smaller ones for pop bumpers run on 3 volts. The smallest "Wall Wart" (I was unfamiliar with this term when I PM'ed) that I found is a 5 volt. So again, my question - Wouldn't this work best since its adjustable to 3 volt?

ebay.com link: itm

#28 11 years ago

I dug through a box of wires and plugs from various elsctronics in my garage and found a 3 volt "Wall Wart." I guess I'm in business. I also picked up 3 2.75 plasma discs. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. I'll need to get just the discs off of the battery unit on each piece. This shouldn't be too hard. Then I'll wire them in series and see if they'll work for me. I think they might look cool on my Tron when I get it later this month.

#29 11 years ago

By the way, thanks for the help!

#31 11 years ago

I'm going to play with them first to see if I can get them to look good after chopping off the basster cases (If they won't just slide off). Then I'll have to wait for my Tron to get here. I'm kinda 50/50 on whether these will work and whether they'll look good in my machine. I'll post when it all comes together and what I could/couldn't do.

#33 11 years ago

Ya, that's what I mean. Thanks again for your knowledge!

1 week later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider b_koenig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plasma-pop-bumpers-where-to-get-these?tu=b_koenig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.