(Topic ID: 193487)

PLASMA POP BUMPERS in production, testers wanted.

By Litedpinballmods

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180120_141450 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170907_184131 (resized).jpg
    20170907_184044_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_2437 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2436 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2435 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2434 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
    20170822_202044 (resized).jpg
    20170822_202044 (resized).jpg
    20170822_202200 (resized).jpg
    ScaredStiff-06 (resized).jpg
    5.5 x 2.1 splitter (resized).jpg
    plasma above plastic (resized).jpg
    plasma kit (resized).jpg
    plasma ready to work (resized).jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

My pants get tight looking at these. That's probably bad.

1 week later
    #52 6 years ago

TX Tx tx tx

IMG_20170907_184131 (resized).jpgIMG_20170907_184131 (resized).jpg

20170907_184044_HDR (resized).jpg20170907_184044_HDR (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

My Jack Bot pf is apart for cleaning so I would love to put orange, yellow and red in it. I made a new mini pf that has no picture on it so I can see the pops perfectly but I don't know if these will fit under it.

1 week later
    #54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

You don't need to replace all of the pop bumpers in the game, you can do just one as a focus.
    Because I don't know how people are going to use them, how many in a game, or what colors or styles, each kit has its own power supply. You can run 5 plasma's off of one power supply, so if you want use one power supply plugged into your service outlet and purchase a splitter (we don't carry) that is an option.
    These use the standard DC 5.5 x 2.1 mm plug.
    ALSO, these run off of 3 volts.

As an FYI if you're multiplexing these to a common power supply, I needed a DC 5.5 x 2.5 1-female to xxx-male splitter as the 2.1mm end would not fit into the circuit boards.
    ebay.com link: 1x DC 5 5x2 5mm 1 Female to 3 Male Power Splitter Cable For Camera 0 37M Copper

1 week later
    #55 6 years ago

How about a test with Scared Stiff?

#56 6 years ago

If anyone wants to see a few install pics for TX Sector I made a imgur album. I will edit in some details when I have some spare time

https://imgur.com/a/wLE8W

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

I would playtest these in my Jurassic Park. Electric Fence Post would look awesome. LMK

Did you test them in JP? I agree the electric fence would be really cool.. I just got a JP, and I say thinking the same thing.

1 month later
    #58 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballbrat:

Did you test them in JP? I agree the electric fence would be really cool.. I just got a JP, and I say thinking the same thing.

It would be cool if they were yellow colored like normal, and then only fired plasma bolts when hit.

#59 6 years ago

are these avialble for purchase yet?

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

are these avialble for purchase yet?

Want one of those clear ones for your TNA?

#61 6 years ago

EDIT: DELETED my request about centaur

1 week later
    #62 6 years ago

There's a nice video detailing theses. I'm surprised I stumbled across it on YouTube vs here first. Seems like a fun mod for some games.

#63 6 years ago

Just come across this thread. These would look great on my Johnny Mnemonic and probably my Bride of Pinbot. Are they for sale yet?
    Well done by the way.

1 month later
    #64 6 years ago

Not sure if this promotion is still running or not, but I currently have my Black Hole apart for service and I think two of the dark blue ones would rock it on the lower playfield. Not sure if they would fit on the upper playfield without significant changes like bbriese had to make on Haunted House.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Not sure if this promotion is still running or not, but I currently have my Black Hole apart for service and I think two of the dark blue ones would rock it on the lower playfield. Not sure if they would fit on the upper playfield without significant changes like bbriese had to make on Haunted House.

Have you tried emailing him?

#66 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure it is. I just finished as a tester for KISS Pro. Changed out all 4 of my pops for plasma. Now the game is a rock concert!

IMG_20180120_141450 (resized).jpgIMG_20180120_141450 (resized).jpg

#67 6 years ago

Just saw this, they would look great in my Attack From Mars.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from AAAV8R:

I'm pretty sure it is. I just finished as a tester for KISS Pro. Changed out all 4 of my pops for plasma. Now the game is a rock concert!

I'd like to see a video of the red ones on a game. Thinking about them for ACDC. Sure is taking a long time to get these into production.

#69 6 years ago

I'm thinking these would look amazing in a Tales from the Crypt (TFTC) when the electric chair multi ball hits.

I would be definitely be interested in a set of three for my TFTC

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'd like to see a video of the red ones on a game.

Hey, ask and ye shall receive. Here's a quick vid of them in action:

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from AAAV8R:

Hey, ask and ye shall receive. Here's a quick vid of them in action:
    » YouTube video

Thanks! Those do look good. The yellow and red look good together.

Still patiently waiting for the ones that turn on when the pop is activated.

#72 6 years ago

So each one has a relay and power supply??

#73 6 years ago

I'm going to follow this thread with much anticipation. Looking forward to future developments!!

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

So each one has a relay and power supply??

Each one has its relay but can share the same power supply.

#76 6 years ago

DO IT! Ive been asking fro some one to put one of the white/multicolor ones on their TNA pop bumper. There was a lot of "well the RGB lights blah blah blah"....I was wondering if you could leave the LED underneath the plasma and it would still change color...not sure how any of this works, just my thought. Would be KILLER on the TNA bumper.

1 week later
    #77 6 years ago

I think this kit would fit perfectly a game like MB (orange) and MM. Available for these games?
    Thanks

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

DO IT! Ive been asking fro some one to put one of the white/multicolor ones on their TNA pop bumper. There was a lot of "well the RGB lights blah blah blah"....I was wondering if you could leave the LED underneath the plasma and it would still change color...not sure how any of this works, just my thought. Would be KILLER on the TNA bumper.

Agree. A white one set to music mode with the LED under it would be killer.

#79 6 years ago

Would these fit under the ramp on a Cirqus Voltaire?

It would kick ass with my purple neon.

6 months later
    #80 5 years ago

Think this would look great in my twister. 3 purple pops would give it a cool lightning effect. Would love to test if it's something you guys are still doing.

#81 5 years ago

I would love to test in one of the following:
    Doctor Who
    Space Shuttle ( getting ready to restore this )
    Whirlwind
    Funhouse

2 weeks later
    #82 5 years ago

I think this would look good on a Time Machine. Are these available for sale yet or still testing?

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I think this would look good on a Time Machine. Are these available for sale yet or still testing?

They are avaliable he had them for sale at pintastic.

4 months later
    #84 5 years ago

Will they fit Batman Forever?

2 years later
    #85 2 years ago

I want to order a set of these for an OG AFM

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plasma-pop-bumpers-in-production-testers-wanted/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.