(Topic ID: 15390)

Plans in MN Friday night?

By tonymiddendorf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vader_darkside.jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 12 years ago

Just thought I'd throw it up here that a buddy of mine and I are going to cruise up to Blainbrook on Friday night after the Twins game. Open invitation to anyone who wants to come join us.

I'd expect we'll get there around 10:30 depending when the game gets over. I've never been there, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the machines.

I've been spoiled going to SS Billiards, so my standards are going to be PRETTY high!

Hope I can meet some Pinsiders there!

#2 12 years ago

I'll be there

BB has more machines than SS but SS has the top good player ones. BB has a handful of newerish sterns, lots of EM's and 80's and a handful of B listers.

#3 12 years ago

It's my fiancés B-Day Friday, but maybe I can talk her into a little pin-bowling night! Went to BlaineBrook once, but all their pins were off (it was lunchtime) so I didn't bother to ask if they could be played... Didn't look to bad though, but they definitely have a decent selection.

#4 12 years ago

I say skip the Twins game and go straight to playing pinball. It is money better spent.. the Twins stink.

#5 12 years ago

WOOHOOO! PINPARTY!! I'll check my schedule... See if we can fit it in. Might be hard that late @ night since I'll have the kid w/ and I work @ 6a on sat...

#6 12 years ago

Maybe.............. I dunno if I can make the 3 minute drive.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I dunno if I can make the 3 minute drive.

LOL! Careful, I hear MN traffic SUX!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I say skip the Twins game and go straight to playing pinball. It is money better spent.. the Twins stink.

Come on, after last season.. ANYTHING they do is above "stink" in my book

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

What's even worse; I've got season tix.

Money NOT so well spent!

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

LOL! Careful, I hear MN traffic SUX!

Back roads my boy........back roads.

#11 12 years ago

Any of you guys talk to uesr MNPinball on here? He sent me a message but when i reply it says he has messaging disabled...

#12 12 years ago

Yeah me too!!!!!!

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Come on, after last season.. ANYTHING they do is above "stink" in my book []

I honestly think they will be worse this year that last year. The lost Cuddy and Kubel.. the only 2 stable hitters and did nothing to help the pitching.

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

What's even worse; I've got season tix.

Money NOT so well spent!

I've got that beat. I had season tickets the year after LeBron left Cleveland. I probably lost a BSD or JP on that debacle.

#14 12 years ago

I'd be interested in going. BB is solid; what I remember off the top of my head from the last time I was there:

Hercules
    Doctor Who
    Tron
    Road Show
    Jurassic Park
    Funhouse
    Star Trek TNG
    Starship Troopers (didn't work the last time i was there)
    Demo Man
    South Park
    Playboy
    The Simpsons
    Mousin Around

And I'm forgetting a bunch.

#15 12 years ago

Cool. Looking forward to meeting some of you. I'll try to post an estimated ETA on friday night.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Any of you guys talk to uesr MNPinball on here? He sent me a message but when i reply it says he has messaging disabled...

I've got the same issue. Mnpinball, you can reach me at tony dot middendorf at gmail.

#17 12 years ago

I'll be in the cities between 6 and 7pm from Duluth. I can go right to BB if people will be there. I should grab some dolla bills

Ya I tried to message mnpinball but his messages were turned off

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

It's my fiancés B-Day Friday, but maybe I can talk her into a little pin-bowling night! Went to BlaineBrook once, but all their pins were off (it was lunchtime) so I didn't bother to ask if they could be played... Didn't look to bad though, but they definitely have a decent selection.

ya donny sometimes leaves them off. You just turn them on if you want to play.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Esohny:

I'd be interested in going. BB is solid; what I remember off the top of my head from the last time I was there:
    Hercules
    Doctor Who
    Tron
    Road Show
    Jurassic Park
    Funhouse
    Star Trek tng
    Starship Troopers (didn't work the last time i was there)
    Demo Man
    South Park
    Playboy
    The Simpsons
    Mousin Around
    And I'm forgetting a bunch.

highspeed
    sttg
    oribor1
    BDK
    spiderman?
    a handful of new sterns
    BBH

#20 12 years ago

Hey,

Wish I could make it. Driving down from Canada to do a deal on a TSPP in Woodbury on Sunday. Unfortunately, I'll be in Minot on Friday night. Enjoy the games; someone hammer out an honorary game on Pin*Bot for me?

Luke

#21 12 years ago

If pinbot is there, I'll spark a game up for ya...and beer No hoser here

#22 12 years ago

No BDK, but Tron, BBH, SM, FG, WPT, Avatar, IM

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Hey,
    Wish I could make it. Driving down from Canada to do a deal on a TSPP in Woodbury on Sunday. Unfortunately, I'll be in Minot on Friday night. Enjoy the games; someone hammer out an honorary game on Pin*Bot for me?
    Luke

What's needed these days to cross the border ?

I sold a Taxi to a guy in Canada but it was some 4 years ago + I had to make up a bill of sale.
    Do you need a passport, I assume ?

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

That or a Passport card. Passport booklet lets you travel anywhere, card is only between US, Canada, and Mexico. I just drove to Niagara, ONT, CA couple months ago and thats how it was then. Driver's License no longer good enough

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Cool. Looking forward to meeting some of you. I'll try to post an estimated ETA on friday night.

Depending on when you guys are planning on being out there, I may just duck in for a couple games before bed

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ya I tried to message mnpinball but his messages were turned off []

His messages are turned on now!

#27 12 years ago

A while ago there was one, must of sold it :/ Maybe traded for tron as I dont remember tron being there.

#28 12 years ago

Lukerp do you need me to do a bill of sale on tspp

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

northvibe said:Ya I tried to message mnpinball but his messages were turned off []
    His messages are turned on now!

ah excellent

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

pinheadpuckguy said:

A while ago there was one, must of sold it :/ Maybe traded for tron as I dont remember tron being there.

Donny traded it for Roadshow and cash. I miss that game since SS Billiards and Blainbrook both sold their BDKs.

#31 12 years ago

Well at $1 per play on the stern's I only played it about 3 to 5 games (BDK) and couldn't get much going, but it seemed okay.

#32 12 years ago

I want to buy his Tron or IM.

#33 12 years ago

I want to buy his Tron or IM.

Chris that rents space with Moss Distributing for commercial game repairs owns the Tron, contact him about buying it.

LTG

#34 12 years ago

I have a growler of blueberry beer from Fitgers brewhouse to bring

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

northvibe said:pinheadpuckguy said:
    Donny traded it for roadshow and cash. I miss that game since SS Billiards and Blainbrook both sold their BDKs.

Was the Who Dunnit? traded for Doctor Who?

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from Esohny:

Was the WHO dunnit? traded for Doctor Who?

WHO KNOWS?! bwahhaha.. sorry.. giddy as I jsut got 2 new pins home!

The Who Dunnit was owned by <forgot who> but Donny said it "had to many problems and he took it home". I can vouch for the problems it had, the only 2 times I saw it there, it didnt work

The Dr. Who is also owned by someone other than Donny. I believe it's the same guy who owns the FT, and Getaway.. and employee of John Ross of Pinball Plus, I think?

BTW @NorthVibe.. you gonna be there around 6ish? I was considering bringing my boy out for a couple hours before I have to hit the hay.

-j

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

What's needed these days to cross the border ?

I sold a Taxi to a guy in Canada but it was some 4 years ago + I had to make up a bill of sale.

Hey,

I've brought two machines across; neither one tremendously expensive. One time, border was backed up and they waved me through; other time I came through I had to pay tax. Neither time was problematic.

As I recall, to get into the US by plane or boat, you need a passport. Don't write this in stone, but I think if you're crossing by car (or maybe on foot, if you're so inclined), you just need some form of ID. I have a passport, so I always travel with that and it makes things easier, whether driving or flying.

Interestingly, I believe you can get back INTO Canada without a passport, but it might raise questions of how you got into the US in the first place.

Luke

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I have a growler of blueberry beer from Fitgers brewhouse to bring

Hey that's mine. Fine no Apricot Weizen for you.

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

pinheadpuckguy said:I want to buy his Tron or IM.
    Chris that rents space with Moss Distributing for commercial game repairs owns the Tron, contact him about s Distributing for commercial game repairs owns the Tron, contact him about buying it.
    LTG</blockquot

Well at $1 per play on the stern's I only played it about 3 to 5 games (BDK) and couldn't get much going, but it seemed okay.

Pretty sure that Tron is not Kris's game. We sold the one from the fair to a super nice guy up north. I know it wasn't Donny.

Brian

#40 12 years ago

Millard joins the pinside

#41 12 years ago

Millard joins the pinside

Millard has joined the Dark Side !

vader_darkside.jpgvader_darkside.jpg

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Esohny said:Was the WHO dunnit? traded for Doctor Who?
    The WHO dunnit was owned by <forgot who> but Donny said it "had to many problems and he took it home". I can vouch for the problems it had, the only 2 times I saw it there, it didnt work
    The Dr. Who is also owned by someone other than Donny. I believe it's the same guy who owns the FT, and Getaway.. and employee of John Ross of Pinball Plus, I think?
    BTW @NorthVibe.. you gonna be there around 6ish? I was considering bringing my boy out for a couple hours before I have to hit the hay.
    -j

Ah you bought them from donny at BB? He wouldn't get back to me last time I tried to see what he had for sale

If you will be there, I'll try hard to get the heck out of work at the latest 4pm so I'll arrive around 6 to just after.

#43 12 years ago

northvibe said:I have a growler of blueberry beer from Fitgers brewhouse to bring

Hey that's mine. Fine no Apricot Weizen for you.

Hahaha well ya but you better give me a glass at least.... Should I grab a 2nd growler?!?

#44 12 years ago

Are we gonna play some at my crib?

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

jonogo said:Esohny said:Was the WHO dunnit? traded for Doctor Who?
    The WHO dunnit was owned by <forgot who> but Donny said it "had to many problems and he took it home". I can vouch for the problems it had, the only 2 times I saw it there, it didnt work
    -j
    Ah you bought them from donny at BB? He wouldn't get back to me last time I tried to see what he had for sale
    If you will be there, I'll try hard to get the heck out of work at the latest 4pm so I'll arrive around 6 to just after.

I didnt buy those from him, no. His employess dont give him messages so dont take it personal. Pretty much everything he has there is for sale.... for a price. Some titles are his favorites so he wont let them go ever. Best bet is to go there and ask for him. Otherwise I can ask for you, I have ways to get in touch w him.

I still dont know if I will be there fri but if I do it we will go home by 9-10 LATEST.

Maybe see you guys there.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Hahaha well ya but you better give me a glass at least.... Should I grab a 2nd growler?!?

You can't drink that blueberry elixir in the parking lot...........ya probably should bring it over.

#47 12 years ago

Are we gonna play some at my crib?

Answer your texts :-p

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

northvibe said:jonogo said:Esohny said:Was the WHO dunnit? traded for Doctor Who?
    -j
    I didnt buy those from him, no. His employess dont give him messages so dont take it personal. Pretty much everything he has there is for sale.... for a price. Some titles are his favorites so he wont let them go ever. Best bet is to go there and ask for him. Otherwise I can ask for you, I have ways to get in touch w him.
    I still dont know if I will be there fri but if I do it we will go home by 9-10 LATEST.
    Maybe see you guys there.

I was texting him directly.... :shrug:

#49 12 years ago

northvibe said:Hahaha well ya but you better give me a glass at least.... Should I grab a 2nd growler?!?
    You can't drink that blueberry elixir in the parking lot...........ya probably should bring it over.

Hahha hah I'm gonna double fist 2 growlers

#50 12 years ago

Ian has his school carnival so after that. 7-730 ish.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plans-in-mn-friday-night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.