Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iStock_000016203481Large (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 4 years ago

I keep a spreadsheet with details of all games, who I bought them from, for how much, etc... I occasionally update as market dictates. I also have contact info and trusted friends contact info so they can assist with stuff and written out what games they will each get in exchange.
    There are a few people specifically listed as Do not sell (I have rare games that a few may want and F them. They were dicks when I was alive so they can suck an egg when I am gone, lol) and my friends will honor that.

If/when I die then these details should help whomever has to deal with material shit.

I don’t plan a big sell off at any point when alive but I am still relatively young and healthy so that could change I suppose.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

Oddly, you are not on the do not sell list

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you don't have a Revocable Trust with "pour over wills" then that's step one.
    Pinball machines are "personal property" and will get split according to Will/trust without the necessity of probate. Not titled assets.
    You should create a "personal property memorandum" PPM which acts as a codicil to your Will and dictates where your golf clubs, china, pinball machines, etc. go and to whom.
    Sign and date in your own handwriting, no witnesses necessary.
    Change your mind? Tear it up and do another one.

Any good templates or online links that would help with this. ?

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I can't help but think we're all in that same boat. I know I am. Once I'm gone, my wife knows who to deal with and who not to. I would give my games to some of my friends before I sold them to a few others.

Yeah, my wife loves pinball and she would burn them before selling them to a couple people.

Either way I hope it is all a long time before either of us really need to deal with this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planning-for-getting-out-of-the-hobby-?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.