Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass (resized).jpg
    Rockets (resized).JPG
    Rocket (resized).jpg
    ActualItemRecieved.jpg
    LicensedRepro (resized).jpg
    DSCN3057.JPG
    DSCN3055.JPG
    sam-quint-jaws--630-75.jpg
    flip3.jpg
    flip1.jpg
    flip2.jpg
    lesser_of_two_weevils.jpg
    images-171.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 10.36.12 AM.png
    3624912930_01f53c36f0.jpg
    world-domination.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 9 years ago

Make your own reproductions and cut out the lawsuit That's what I did for my Gottlieb Flip a Card. The original plastic was so brown you couldn't even see color left in the art. They were all shades of beige.
    flip2.jpgflip2.jpg
    flip1.jpgflip1.jpg
    flip3.jpgflip3.jpg

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I guess only time will tell.
    I have gotten a couple emails from PP accusing me of trying to damage their reputation and/or questioning why I put a post like this up. My sole purpose for this post is to try to figure out where parts supply will be for B/W machines in the future. I currently own over 40 B&W machines - most needing repair - and I was just curious if I was going to be able to get parts or if I should sell most off because parts will be harder to find.
    I have been in the pinball hobby for just over 5 years and it always amazes me how people in this hobby take things personally when someone puts a post up that somehow questions their actions. If someone is making a part and you question something about the part they get defensive. If you talk about a supplier or question something about a supplier if seems to ruffle someones feathers, etc. Can't people realize sometimes someone might just be curious what other pinheads think about a product or supplier and their actions?
    If you use CPR as an example - now we don't know if or when some of the stuff we have been waiting for will ever be produced. Personally I am waiting for about 8 or 10 playfields & a few plastic sets. If they are not going to be made I might as well just parts the machines out. So it would be nice to know where things are headed.
    Anyway - again - not trying to accuse / blame / or in any way say anything negative about Rick or PP just trying to figure out if I am going to be able to source parts for B/W at a reasonable price when I need them.

Hey PP. Stop trying to scare people. The post above is obviously because you contacted him. Scaring your customers is no way to conduct business. If I keep hearing and seeing things like this I won't buy one part from you again. You are free to post comments and have an open dialogue with your customers. This is a small tight nit community you have to sell to. So far you are not setting yourself up to endear yourself to anyone and are openly going to make people figure out ways to leave you out of their purchase loop. Comet Pinball runs his business the way one should be run. Art bends over backwards to help and is trying to keep this hobby going with great prices, service and quality. So will I get a nasty letter next?

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

To clarify - Rick or PPS didn't try to harass or scare me - "I have no dog in the race" - and I truly wish PP the best of luck moving ahead. My sole purpose of this post is trying to figure out what to do with machines waiting for CPR playfields & other repro parts.
    I am really thinking about selling off most of my collection and moving to another hobby with all the changes I see going on with pinball stuff. Way too many new machines coming on to the market, parts becoming harder to buy & more expensive, greed, machines being overpriced & drying up, etc.
    Pinball just isn't fun anymore! Anyone want to buy about 50 or 60 project machines???

Maybe I was a little hasty but most of what I said still stands. I'm glad to hear it wasn't harassing.

#104 9 years ago

I've got a few PM's asking for a tutorial on how I made the plastics. I made one about nine monts ago in the "show us your EM's" It starts at post 1991.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/40#postbox

I got the whole idea from nandemoguys tutorial here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics

I should have made another topic for it or included it on the nademguys thread instead of the one I put it on. I just don't want to go back and re do it.

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

. That is why it is used on top end aquariums because it is so clear even if you go very thick for strength.

I was going to point that out but you beat me to it. I used to be in the salt water aquarium hobby. I couldn't afford to stay in both hobbies lol.

#152 9 years ago

Rick, Thanks for posting in here and clearing up a bunch of things. I appologize for my slight rant earlier. I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but fell prey to it while reading the posts. Thanks again for posting in here to clear up some rumors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planetary-pinballs-action-and-impact-on-williams-bally-titles?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.