(Topic ID: 184985)

Planetary Pinball/Chicago Gaming - Listened.. Thank You!

By Barakawins1

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ASOA
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170716_200805 (resized).jpg
20170716_200740 (resized).jpg
20170716_200747 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170716-173203 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170716-173124 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170716-173031 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Planetary Pinball - Chicago Gaming.. Thank You! Thank you so much for finally listening to pinball collectors and vendors.

For many years pinball collectors, hobbyists and vendors weren't heard. Finally, Planetary Pinball and Chicago Gaming listened
to all the complaints:

Ghosting play fields
Playfield pegs
Snap lock aprons
Headbox on/off switch
Cheap cabinet materials
Cheap artwork
Incomplete game code
Increased prices
No color displays
No play field protectors
No choices in hardware
Pitting play fields
$400.00+ toppers

I'm sure I'm missing a few.... Thank you for correcting all of the aforementioned issues going on with pinball today. Thank you for making a gorgeous machine such as AFMR and allowing the pinball community to purchase a quality product which is complete with added code and all the things a pinball should have straight from the box at price that is more than reasonable. AFMR is evidence that pinball machines can be made affordably with all the bling desired and then some. Thanks again for "Listening" and paying attention.

#2 7 years ago

Definitely will give them a thumbs up for making some interesting upgrades to the new AFMr machine and in general for being more businesslike in their approach this time. Their guys seem downright friendlier in the posts I've seen so far. Hope to see this thing get across the finished line and shipped, because it looks great so far. The games played very nicely at TPF.

#3 7 years ago

Great another stern-bashing thread masquerading as something else.

When I troll, I try to be straightforward. What's with the cloak and dagger routine?

and yeah, PPS is due huge kudos for releasing 22 year-old complete code! That's relevant.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great another stern-bashing thread masquerading as something else.
When I troll, I try to be straightforward. What's with the cloak and dagger routine?
and yeah, PPS is due huge kudos for releasing 22 year-old complete code! That's relevant.

The MMR is a fantastic machine. In 20 years no one else made it but PPS\CGC. Anyone could have if they bought the rights between 1999 and when PPS bought them. They are deserving of praise for their product. Secretly, I bet some of the original Bally\Midway\Williams\Capcom guys that are working for Stern or JJP or any other pinball company appreciate the re-emergence of their past efforts as well.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Finally, Planetary Pinball and Chicago Gaming listened
to all the complaints:

Ghosting play fields
Playfield pegs
Snap lock aprons
Headbox on/off switch
Cheap cabinet materials
Cheap artwork
Incomplete game code
Increased prices
No color displays
No play field protectors
No choices in hardware
Pitting play fields
$400.00+ toppers

What about tomahawked playfields and inserts with ink you can hardly read?

#6 7 years ago

grrrrr...yeah. Get off my lawn!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What about tomahawked playfields and inserts with ink you can hardly read?

Lighten up Francis..

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The MMR is a fantastic machine. In 20 years no one else made it but PPS\CGC. Anyone could have if they bought the rights between 1999 and when PPS bought them. They are deserving of praise for their product.

The original post is simply a list of complaints about stern that has NOTHING to do with remakes or PPS. The whole thing is pretty silly but yeah it's so deviously clever I guess I could see how you could miss that.

#9 7 years ago

I also applaud PPS and Chicago Gaming for bringing these classic games back to the market. It is very exciting to be able to purchase these games with modern enhancements. The AFMr at TPF was outstanding. So much fun to play I couldn't resist ordering one. Looking forward to seeing what other titles they plan to remake in the future.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The original post is simply a list of complaints about stern that has NOTHING to do with remakes or PPS. The whole thing is pretty silly but yeah it's so deviously clever I guess I could see how you could miss that.

Well, and the side-step of the whole "is it shipping right now" issue. That said, I have my deposit down.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PPS is due huge kudos for releasing 22 year-old complete code! That's relevant.

Don't forget the high quality, non photoshopped artwork!

#12 7 years ago

And how much does that AFMr topper add to the price of the game?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And how much does that AFMr topper add to the price of the game?

Is anyone here a clinical pyschologist? There are a few of you that post here that might need to be called by one. Maybe check the "What do you do for a living" Pinside thread for a contact.

#14 7 years ago

Now if they'd only listen and do MBr next....

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Now if they'd only listed and do MBr next....

MBr Classic with the music CD in the playfield art and a Special Edition without the CD. Or re-purpose the CD circle as a Creech like "hologram"

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The original post is about Stern Levi? Hmmm. Never thought of that but if you say so, then.. Who am I to judge your feelings? I just looked at a compilation of problem posts. But hey.. You're free to your opinion.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

The original post is about Stern Levi? Hmmm. Never thought of that but if you say so, then.. Who am I to judge your feelings? I just looked at a compilation of problem posts. But hey.. You're free to your opinion.

I think the point is that CGC had their issues with MMr and none of those seem to have been mentioned.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agreed.

Hopefully, Stern gets their issues under control soon. I still want to buy an Aerosmith.

#19 7 years ago

They listened alright...

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

Kudos to PPS! No one bashes Stern except Stern itself. How many posts about ghosting, games delivered non working and other quality issues are public knowledge. They are the only ones who are in control of how a game leaves their factory. People simply voice their dissatisfaction. Keep on spending your Stern money little cheerleaders and get your non working $15,000 game and than stick up for the company that is sticking it to you.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

tomahawked playfields

What is that? I've never seen that term before.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

What is that? I've never seen that term before.

Tomahawked is the result of worn slingshot's arms hitting the playfield and putting a notch in it. Or in the case of MMR it was caused by the dimples being off and the slings not being mounted in the correct position. Several on pinside reported this kind of damage on their brand new machines.

#24 7 years ago

I have nothing but praise of Planetary, but comparing a remake to a company trying to pull of something new is a tad unfair. Apples vs Oranges

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tomahawked is the result of worn slingshot's arms hitting the playfield and putting a notch in it. Or in the case of MMR it was caused by the dimples being off and the slings not being mounted in the correct position. Several on pinside reported this kind of damage on their brand new machines.

OK, Thanks. I did read about the slingshot arms...I must have missed the term Tomahawked (Good term for it). I haven't had any problems with my MMR. I had some problems with my WOZ, JJP took care of the problems and it now plays solid.
Thanks again

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Planetary Pinball - Chicago Gaming.. Thank You! Thank you so much for finally listening to pinball collectors and vendors.
For many years pinball collectors, hobbyists and vendors weren't heard. Finally, Planetary Pinball and Chicago Gaming listened
to all the complaints:
Ghosting play fields
Playfield pegs
Snap lock aprons
Headbox on/off switch
Cheap cabinet materials
Cheap artwork
Incomplete game code
Increased prices
No color displays
No play field protectors
No choices in hardware
Pitting play fields
$400.00+ toppers
I'm sure I'm missing a few.... Thank you for correcting all of the aforementioned issues going on with pinball today. Thank you for making a gorgeous machine such as AFMR and allowing the pinball community to purchase a quality product which is complete with added code and all the things a pinball should have straight from the box at price that is more than reasonable. AFMR is evidence that pinball machines can be made affordably with all the bling desired and then some. Thanks again for "Listening" and paying attention.

Does it include a complete manual and schematics?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Does it include a complete manual

Manual like AFM had. And CGC stuff.

You can download the MMR manual here to get an idea. http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf

LTG : )

#28 7 years ago

Doesn't Stern build CGC machines? I went on a tour last year and saw MMR being worked on by Stern staff...

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Doesn't Stern build CGC machines? I went on a tour last year and saw MMR being worked on by Stern staff...

MMR yes, AFMR, no.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Doesn't Stern build CGC machines?

MMR in the past, yes. AFMR no, CGC is building them. They made their own assembly line. And in the future CGC will make more MMR standards.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And in the future CGC will make more MMR standards.

Interesting news!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Thanks again for "Listening" and paying attention.

You're still not getting a discount,even with all your kind words.
-Mike

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You're still not getting a discount,even with all your kind words.
-Mike

All I want is the AFMRLE topper! That'll be so awesome!

3 months later
#34 6 years ago

I must say I do not have the same experience so far. As a business owner in this industry I understand things happen. We should judge a company based on if a situation presents itself what will they do to make things right. I purchased a brand new MMR last week for my private collection. Inspected the game and now this. The cabinet is splitting on a game that is 7 days old. Please see the pictures attached as well as the serial number and the build date of my game. Both sides are splitting. I also have a AFMRLE that is scheduled to ship out soon however I do not feel that comfortable with the purchase while I still have this not yet rectified. In all fairness I just noticed the splitting today and be it that today is a Sunday I have not had a chance to call CGC directly. I will post there response on this forum. Lets hope they are willing to do the right thing. Lots of potential with this company. I would hate to see them ruin a great thing by not standing behind there products. Time will tell.

Screenshot_20170716-173031 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170716-173031 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20170716-173124 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170716-173124 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20170716-173203 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170716-173203 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

I think bringing the AFMr to market is outstanding.

We need more games like attack from Mars, or more attack from Mars.

I hope this brings planetary and everyone else needed success. It is deserved.

There is room in the market for thier next 3 remakes, in my opinion. Whatever they are.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I must say I do not have the same experience so far. As a business owner in this industry I understand things happen. We should judge a company based on if a situation presents itself what will they do to make things right. I purchased a brand new MMR last week for my private collection. Inspected the game and now this. The cabinet is splitting on a game that is 7 days old. Please see the pictures attached as well as the serial number and the build date of my game. Both sides are splitting. I also have a AFMRLE that is scheduled to ship out soon however I do not feel that comfortable with the purchase while I still have this not yet rectified. In all fairness I just noticed the splitting today and be it that today is a Sunday I have not had a chance to call CGC directly. I will post there response on this forum. Lets hope they are willing to do the right thing. Lots of potential with this company. I would hate to see them ruin a great thing by not standing behind there products. Time will tell.

Why is your game labeled 230 Volts but you're in Miami???

#37 6 years ago

Good catch, let me add that it does not say MM"R"-1448 and side rails and lock down bar are powder coated blueish-purple?
I say fraud!
-Mike

#38 6 years ago

This is ridiculous. Listen detectives the game was purchased last week from Curly at Little Shop of Games. Which I might add he is GREAT!!!!!. He always takes care of his customers. I have known him for many years and never has he let a customer down. Here are some pics of the game and yes in my Game Room. Not sure why it says 230v? That you got me but I assure you it is running on 110v

All of my games are powder coated and in mint condition. I purchase new hardware and have it painted even before the new game arrives.

20170716_200747 (resized).jpg20170716_200747 (resized).jpg

20170716_200740 (resized).jpg20170716_200740 (resized).jpg

20170716_200805 (resized).jpg20170716_200805 (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Listen detectives

Go here - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ under Support - Help Desk, please open a ticket now. You can put pictures too.

Way easier than multiple posts in multiple threads.

It may go to me. I'll alert it to Doug Skor.

#40 6 years ago

Thank You I will file a ticket. I just do not like to be accused of being a fake or a fraud. I will have 11k into my MMR when all of the upgrades have been done to it. We have been in the Amusement Industry for 15 years. With a Florida based company.

Again nothing bad to say about CGC they are just now being made ware of the situation. Give them a chance to respond. Thank you for all of the people out there that see the real reason why I posted this. I wanted people to be aware of my situation. The Pinside community is great and we are supposed to help out people going through different problems pinball related.

#41 6 years ago

I had nightmares about situations like this. Glad I am not in it for an MMr.... hope this is just a bad batch or one-off situation and that they rectify it.

#42 6 years ago

I would like to inform the community of my current situation. There was a mark on both sides of my new MMR. I snapped a few pictures and posted to this forum. Moments later I was advised to file a support ticket with Chicago Gaming Company. You would assume that a open ticket to a company this size would go without notice for a while. That was so far from the truth. I was sent a return email within minutes of my file and the very next day I was bombarded with support from several representatives. Doug Skor the VP of the company also reached out to me personally. This guy is a true professional! The passion and respect he has for this industry is amazing. Needless to say my problem has been addressed. After careful inspection of the cabinet we noticed there was NO structural instability. This cabinet is overbuilt if you ask any of my veteran game technicians. The problem was in the decal simple overstretching. If you look at most pinball cabinets the decals no longer go edge to edge. There needs to be a small space before the edge to prevent overlapping rough edges and other common issues. The small line in the decal does not bother me at all. Although Doug insisted on sending me out new decals. I will probably not even put them on. Here is what people should take from this post. This company is GREAT! there products are amazing! and their level of customer service and appreciation is Spectacular! People buy with confidence. I have my AFMRLE on order for my home and now I will be placing a sizeable order of MMR and AFMRSE to put out in some of my locations. I absolutely love my MMR. The game plays fantastic. Lots of fun and a great compliment my collection. Also please note this company knows cabinets very well. That is what they do. They have been making cabinets for a very long time for most of the major Arcade manufactures. I operate a lot of these games in my locations Namco, Raw Thrills, and many more. These games get abused and yet they still look great after may years.

** I cant wait to see what is the next title they will announce. If anyone from CGC is looking at this post please take this as a formal request to be put on the waiting list for your next title. Great work please keep it up. This industry needs more people like you in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planetary-pinballchicago-gaming-listened-thank-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.