Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8988 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8984 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8986 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8983 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8981 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8987 (resized).jpeg
    Pic (resized).jpg
    July-4th-Banner (resized).jpg
    IMG_8725 (resized).jpeg
    TAF (resized).jpg
    Sigh (resized).png
    DSCN9144 (resized).JPG
    DSCN9142 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0846 (resized).png
    IMG_8619.gif
    ROTO-ID (resized).jpg
    There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 28 days ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yep...and you are selling them to randoms on ebay, thus me saying they should be owned by a pinball company not some dude...which is what's about to happen. Does that make more sense?

We like it that 'randoms' can get very rare and collectible items ... no reason to park everything in a museum ... besides there are usually a few of each mold cavities ... we are a pinball company and they sit in our warehouse for years, it's kindof neat to make them available to people who might have an interest ...

#253 28 days ago

Rotomolds, interesting. Never heard of that process.

#254 28 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Rotomolds, interesting. Never heard of that process.

I saw these at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show but couldn't understand how they worked. It appears that if you were to pour any type of plastic or rubber into them, removing the material would be impossible. Typically, molds I've seen consist of two pieces with cavities that are pressed together until the material cools. Then, you can separate the pieces and extract the item. However, these molds are a single solid piece, essentially an inverse of the traditional design.

#255 28 days ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

I saw these at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show but couldn't understand how they worked. It appears that if you were to pour any type of plastic or rubber into them, removing the material would be impossible. Typically, molds I've seen consist of two pieces with cavities that are pressed together until the material cools. Then, you can separate the pieces and extract the item. However, these molds are a single solid piece, essentially an inverse of the traditional design.

there was a sign there explaining the process. essentually they are removed from the mold still pliable, then allowed to fully harden

#256 28 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

We like it that 'randoms' can get very rare and collectible items ... no reason to park everything in a museum ... besides there are usually a few of each mold cavities ... we are a pinball company and they sit in our warehouse for years, it's kindof neat to make them available to people who might have an interest ...

It's cool for sure. But I think when saw the post we all thought, "crap....they are selling the molds....how are these going to get made in the future if needed". Remember Gene Cunningham trying to find the mold for the BBB dancer.

#257 28 days ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

there was a sign there explaining the process. essentually they are removed from the mold still pliable, then allowed to fully harden

Ahh, I missed that somehow. Cool.

#258 26 days ago

My red target broke off of the switch and I’m buying a replacement target from Planetary. Does the target come with a rivet for attachment? What size rivet is used?

IMG_0846 (resized).pngIMG_0846 (resized).png
    #259 25 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I will try to give at least a before and after if it will help PPS sell some more of these beautiful decals.

After.
    DSCN9142 (resized).JPGDSCN9142 (resized).JPG

DSCN9144 (resized).JPGDSCN9144 (resized).JPG

#260 25 days ago
    Quoted from BoilerUp:

My red target broke off of the switch and I’m buying a replacement target from Planetary. Does the target come with a rivet for attachment? What size rivet is used?
    [quoted image]

Probably not.

#261 25 days ago

we need flintstones plastics

#262 25 days ago

Rotomolding was a pretty crazy process, which is difficult to do and there are very few companies in the world that still do this. Basically you have these molds (cavities) for williams there was a bank or two of them in large metal 'racks' holding the cavities as well as the lids to the cavities. The molds are a cast metal (seems like cast iron) and probably sand cast from model of the original part. Additionally, there was a lever arm to hold the top on the cavity, but could release all the tops to put liquid PVC in, as well as to open them up to pull the soft hot parts out. Additionally, there were tubes running to each cavity usually which would squirt the liquide PVC in. All of these were on a huge 'gyro' type of heavy metal rack which would be inside a large 'oven' which kept gradually was cooled enough so that the liquid in the cavity would stick in layers to the walls of the cavity and in most all cases resulted in a hollow interior of the part. Each rack of say 4-8 cavities of a part probably weighed 75-100 lbs and was bolted on to run the part. When done, they would open up the levers for the bank of the molds and pull the soft parts out, and let them cool. Then would repeat for however many parts were needed. Huge about of natural gas to keep the oven at the right temperature decreasing for the right amount of time. Many of CGC remake parts still use this process today for various figures. But you need to produce large quantities these days to justify the process overall, and so it is useful only for the most common parts. Another example where it's just difficult to continue on with the same process for some of these parts when the original suppliers switch off pinball parts, which is the case with many of these rotomolded parts.

#263 24 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

usually minimum quantities nowaways for rotomold parts are 1000

This is a cool technology, didn't know this existed. I googled it and apparently there is a company locally in the netherlands who does this.
    Interestingly they say it could be feasible at 50 parts.

#264 23 days ago
    Quoted from newovad:

My first ever order! Sigh...
    [quoted image]

Just wanted to update y'all and let you know that the status of my package hasn't changed since I posted on the 13th. Tracking is exactly the same with no estimated delivery time. I contacted PPS Tuesday morning and have not heard back. I really am impatient.

Sigh (resized).pngSigh (resized).png
    #265 23 days ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Just wanted to update y'all and let you know that the status of my package hasn't changed since I posted on the 13th. Tracking is exactly the same with no estimated delivery time. I contacted PPS Tuesday morning and have not heard back

Same issue , when they got back to me and said to check for updates it was in my mail box when I got home

#266 23 days ago

Here is what we would suggest - this thread is not monitored by anyone who handles shipping at the warehouse so please use the helpdesk. The purpose of this thread was for parts announcements and some requests, and third without things like tracking numbers or destinations it's really difficult to track anything down, which is the point of putting it in the helpdesk. Thx

#267 23 days ago

Correct Backglass Lift Trim for System 11 Games now available - 03-8045, 03-8045-1, 03-8045-2, 03-8045-3 (diff lengths), correct part to WMS prints.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-03-8045 Pin*Bot
    https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-03-8045-1 Police Force, F14, Whirlwind, DIner, Bad Cats, Rollergames, Millionaire, Earthshaker, Jokerz, Black Knight, Taxi, Fire, Space Station, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, Big Guns
    https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-03-8045-2 Shuffle
    https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-03-8045-3 Safecracker

#268 23 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Here is what we would suggest - this thread is not monitored by anyone who handles shipping at the warehouse so please use the helpdesk. The purpose of this thread was for parts announcements and some requests, and third without things like tracking numbers or destinations it's really difficult to track anything down, which is the point of putting it in the helpdesk. Thx

I did that on Tuesday. Thx

#269 23 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

fyi ... we have some Rotomold Cavities for making some pretty iconic parts that we will be selling/auctioning off on our ebay store as well as other places ... these were used to make the vinyl parts - like Thing Hand (TAF), Bluto Head (Popeye), Chair for Addams Family, and many more. They are super rare and usually only a handful were made for any part. Here are some pics of them, and if you are interested in any listed (we will try to take pics of the various ones we have) let us know or look at our ebay store as well ebay.com link: str
    [quoted image]

TAF (resized).jpgTAF (resized).jpg
    #270 23 days ago

We all really appreciate the parts youre providing, but damn, your website is awful, especially checkout and help desk.

I just placed an order, and needed two lock plates along with everything (Backbox Lock Plate 535-8128-01 - PPS-535-8128-01) But it only let me add one to cart.

I tried to submit a ticket, but the captcha wasn't working. It also wants me to log in, even though I'm already logged in, and when I log in, it says it's the wrong info lol

#272 23 days ago
    Quoted from metal-mods:

We all really appreciate the parts youre providing, but damn, your website is awful, especially checkout and help desk.
    I just placed an order, and needed two lock plates along with everything (Backbox Lock Plate 535-8128-01 - PPS-535-8128-01) But it only let me add one to cart.
    I tried to submit a ticket, but the captcha wasn't working. It also wants me to log in, even though I'm already logged in, and when I log in, it says it's the wrong info lol

Oh wow this needs to be fix ASAP

#273 23 days ago
    Quoted from metal-mods:

I ordered the other day just fine. They don’t let you order more than is in stock. Only suggestions I have are possibly show in stock numbers proactively and definitely get rid of the COVID language causing shipping delays. Not sure the later is applicable nowadays

They also responded to my submitted ticket right away to say that the out-of-stock, highly-sought-after Indy parts won’t be getting ordered

I’d say they are worth the risk and should be restocked

#274 23 days ago

Yes, all that covid jargon needs to be removed lol. And also, I shouldn't have to press CONTINUE 6 times to finally complete order.

I was able to come back after I completed my order, and add one to my cart, so it definitely wasn't an out of stock/low stock issue. Glitch in there somewhere.

After being able to add another to my cart, is when I proceeded to help desk, while still logged in. It said I needed to log in, even though I was already logged in (it said logged in at top of page) When entering my same credentials I used to login, it said they were incorrect, and wouldn't let me submit a ticket. Perhaps a temporary glitch...

#275 22 days ago

All .. we are open to improving the website, and happy to take constructive feedback, but realize alot of things on a website, goofy are not, are often done as a result of the software we are using or other things that people may not be aware of. The best way to do that is to leave a helpdesk ticket, not a post on a forum that is barely monitored.

BUT, if this thread steers away from that, then we will just realize that pinside is not the best way to communicate this and we will move to other ways to let people know what products are coming ... so please let's stay focused!

Thx Team PPS

#276 22 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

All .. we are open to improving the website,

I order from you but when I pull up your website it always warns me your site is not secure , agree with the Covid removal as well !

#277 22 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I order from you but when I pull up your website it always warns me your site is not secure , agree with the Covid removal as well !

Security is for noobs....

#278 22 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

May have to change to H5N2 but I digress....

#279 22 days ago

100+ posts since I last checked in. Feels like a good time to ask for some new Congo volcanoes again. Forget everyone else’s minor gripes, keep the parts flowing!

#280 19 days ago

Love the new way PPS is packaging parts! Keep up the parts and the sales will keep coming

PartsParts

#281 19 days ago

How about drop targets for early pins - Space Shuttle, Joust, PinBot. The rollover top and skinny top.

I do not haveca part number off hand, but those are an off red color?

#282 18 days ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Love the new way PPS is packaging parts! Keep up the parts and the sales will keep coming
    [quoted image]

Sweet looks great keep them coming

1 week later
    #283 10 days ago

Is PPS doing a 4th of July sale?

Any chance of getting a bulk discount (50+) on these: https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-20-9534

Any chance this part will get restocked at some point: https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-A-16225

Any updates on the development of the WPC backbox IDC lamp sockets, 24-8817 (white) and 24-8818 (black)?

Thank you!

#284 10 days ago

MiniPinHead PBL has the IDC lamp sockets now.

#285 10 days ago
    Quoted from Spunky1562:

MiniPinHead PBL has the IDC lamp sockets now.

Thank you for pointing this out

Maybe PPS can do these cheaper?

Here’s to wishful thinking

#286 10 days ago

Yes we are planning on doing them as cheaply as possible ... also they will have the W logo on them ...

#287 10 days ago

PPS is the best great going guys

#288 9 days ago

Happy 4th of July! PPS Specials! We will likely be adding things as we go thru the weekend. Note that PPS special prices on specific are usually not repeated ...

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-planetary-pinball-specials
    July-4th-Banner (resized).jpgJuly-4th-Banner (resized).jpg

#289 8 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Happy 4th of July! PPS Specials! We will likely be adding things as we go thru the weekend. Note that PPS special prices on specific are usually not repeated ...
    [quoted image]

Love the graphic and the sale! Happy 4th indeed

Order placed!

Standoff Clips AboundStandoff Clips Abound

Was able to snag some plastic sets that were also on sale (White Water and Indiana Jones).

Noticed some items that were on sale, like WPC flipper bats, that might not be listed under the for sale link. Check for any parts you need and you never know I guess.

Thank you again PPS

#290 8 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

No backbox tubs for Circus Voltaire?

#291 8 days ago

Just put those on the sale ...

#292 8 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Any free shipping deals?

#293 8 days ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Any free shipping deals?

We can't do that this time ... it's more complicated as some items the shipping is so expensive due to size and weight with dimensional shipping ... and our prices are not inflated (the Nordstrom model) ... to be able to do that ... check our prices and you should see good value on things ...

#294 8 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Thanks

#295 8 days ago

I'm picking up one of the Williams rugs - any chance the Bally rug will be stocked again? I'd love to have both in front of the appropriate machines.

1 week later
    #296 41 hours ago

Went through whole bags of Indy and White Water plastics from PPS Absolutely flawless and not a single spec of paint missing or pinhole of light shining through these. Unbelievable! Can’t say the same for other manufacturers. Very impressed and ecstatic don’t have to hunt down a single plastic to make a complete, undamaged set. Bravo!

Example:

IMG_8988 (resized).jpegIMG_8988 (resized).jpeg

Protective layer on the top

Bottom

Protective layer on the bottom

No loss of art on any single one - just wow’ed

Thank you PPS! Won’t ever hesitate to get plastics from you

#297 38 hours ago

Champion pub danger zone gate?

#298 21 hours ago

Where's the Love for Revenge From Mars?! We've been looking for Plastics & parts for years.

#299 21 hours ago

Hey PPS will you be remaking the Demolition Man Cryo Claw plastic? If so when?

#300 21 hours ago

Hey PPS I missed your sale when will u be having your next sale thanks

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.