5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mr t.jpg
    tumblr_inline_mwkj6qxUc21s5qgl1.png
    Workbench Door.JPG
    pbdecal1.jpg
    Picnic time.JPG
    DSCF2214.JPG
    DSCF2017.JPG

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Will PPS now be providing these vintage Williams parts then?

They plan to make LE o-din avatar keychains

tumblr_inline_mwkj6qxUc21s5qgl1.png

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

Actually, every time the first Mickey Mouse cartoon was about to go into the public domain, copyright got extended (thanks greedy Disney shareholders). That's not how copyright was originally designed to work, it was never intended to be perpetual ownership. Originally, it was 14 years renewable for another 14 years. And if it still was, almost all the pissing match about copyrights on parts of pinball games old enough to have mechanical score reels wouldn't be happening... something to think about.

Yep, Disney was always a big lobbying force behind extending copyright to protect Steamboat Willie, in order to protect Mickey Mouse, and in order to protect the money they make from it.

It all comes down to money.

I'm sure if they try it again, the Internet will be in an uproar, since the last time they tried it, it wasn't really public knowledge since the Internet was in its infancy at the time.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

All emails went unanswered when I reached out to IPB upon hearing that they were dissolving.

I'm no expert. But when you knew this, shouldn't you have filed a claim with the bankruptcy court ?

LTG : )™

#154 5 years ago

dups

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm no expert. But when you knew this, shouldn't you have filed a claim with the bankruptcy court ?
    LTG : )™

I figured it was a moot point since I had likely been lied to about the pfs ever actualy existing.

Now that PPS 'is' IPB and asking for back $$$ to IPB it seems safe to assume they would also honor back debt from the company they assumed ownership of???

#156 5 years ago

@PPS
    You guys suck

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I would hope that PPS would only send out C&D's when they are ready to start selling the specific parts they are demanding on

It does not work like that, they are required to enforce the rights or lose legal protection.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Now that PPS 'is' IPB and asking for back $$$ to IPB it seems safe to assume they would also honor back debt from the company they assumed ownership of???

If they are going to claim that they are owed back payment for royalties I do not see why not. I would love to see how they justify the difference.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

No idea. Not even sure if they have accurate records from Gene. If it wasn't filed with the court. That is probably the end of it.

Otherwise everybody would be emailing Rick and claiming money sent and parts not received.

Moot or not, you should have looked into the bankruptcy case and made a claim. Probably impossible to file now.

LTG : )

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So you are IPB now?
    Then how about you send me the parts I paid for and never recieved from IPB before they disappeared. I paid for and was promised a nude version of creech (when they were re-run) and a TAF pf (when they were ready/ back from screen printers).

Because its tacky and looks like crap.

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

@PPS
    You guys suck

While I'm sure a number of people are upset about the turn of events here, that seems a bit harsh IMHO.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

While I'm sure a number of people are upset about the turn of events here, that seems a bit harsh IMHO.

Just sticking up for my fellow Aussie against the Jack-Boot antics of 'we make nothing ourselves' PPS

#163 5 years ago

Seems like there are some angry people on Pinside these days.

#164 5 years ago

First thing I thought when I read the title was

"oh crap, there goes the roms and manuals"

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

mr t.jpg

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

First thing I thought when I read the title was

"oh crap, there goes the roms and manuals"

That is why last week I downloaded all of them for my machines and the ones I help maintain at my local watering hole.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Seems like PPS should not get PR advice from their Australian distributor

#168 5 years ago

Seems like PPS should not get PR advice from their Australian distributor

I agree! BTW, I'm not saying the anger I see isn't justified in some cases, it's just so ubiquitous.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I agree! BTW, I'm not saying the anger I see isn't justified in some cases, it's just so ubiquitous.

Who is angry?
    I would tone down my language (or ignore) a fellow pinsider
    PPS is a faceless company only interested in profit, and if they ever get creative and make something new, I will support them

#170 5 years ago

Side issue. On the subject of paying for Gottlieb manuals. PBR enable us to restore games that would be impossible to do so without them re-producing parts. If they make a few bucks out of printing Gottlieb manuals, good luck to them, so long may they continue in business

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from WonkoTSane:

That is why last week I downloaded all of them for my machines and the ones I help maintain at my local watering hole.

Ugh, maybe i will have to come up with a script to farm all of IPDB. Just in case....

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Side issue. On the subject of paying for Gottlieb manuals. PBR enable us to restore games that would be impossible to do so without them re-producing parts. If they make a few bucks out of printing Gottlieb manuals, good luck to them, so long may they continue in business

Yeah, but it is a pain in the ass. How can you order parts if you don't have the manual? PBR is great, but the holding out on the manuals and roms bothers me.

#173 5 years ago

It's just an observation. On almost any "new game" thread there is invariably somebody upset or bitter about the process/progress or lack there of. SSDD, but it does seem to have gotten cranked up a notch.

I would tone down my language (or ignore) a fellow pinsider

Are you saying me or you? If you mean me, I'm certainly not offended by anything I see on a forum, so the ignore button isn't even an option. The bickering doesn't bother me either. Like most people I have real problems that require my attention and am not about to get bent out of shape because of something somebody wrote on a forum.

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Yeah, but it is a pain in the ass. How can you order parts if you don't have the manual? PBR is great, but the holding out on the manuals and roms bothers me.

AFAIK, PBR is the reseller, not the license holder:
    http://www.mondialgroup.com/gottlieb.htm

(i.e., it's not PBR's call.)

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

we are working on many of these yes, so we will be ramping up more of these given there is now a void.
    rick

At double the price no doubt.

#176 5 years ago

@Honch
    My comments were not directed at you

I am just sticking up for my fellow Aussie against the evil faceless American corporation

#177 5 years ago

I am just sticking up for my fellow Aussie against the evil faceless American corporation

I hear you, brother!

#178 5 years ago

Does PPS have a mailing list that frequently is sent out when they restock/remake parts? I've seen them post threads here in the past, but only a small percentage of pinsiders see EVERY THREAD CREATED. A weekly/monthly/quarterly or however-often-they-make-new-stuff mass email would be awesome! It would have me visiting their site a lot more often. Thanks.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Does PPS have a mailing list that frequently is sent out when they restock/remake parts? I've seen them post threads here in the past, but only a small percentage of pinsiders see EVERY THREAD CREATED. A weekly/monthly/quarterly or however-often-they-make-new-stuff mass email would be awesome! It would have me visiting their site a lot more often. Thanks.

Nah, they are supreme
    You should be checking their website everyday, and make frequent purchases

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Rick mentioned somewhere that he has set up a forum on their site for all the product announcements and stuff, so he didn't clog up pinside.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/

#181 5 years ago

I am just glad PPS is now involved in Williams products.. I remember the days of Wayne and all the BS that went along with him.. From what I can tell, products we need are going to be available again, these smaller companies will eventually get the details worked out..

Just looking at PPS site, and the amount of items available for sale there is very encouraging, at least I see it this way...

Future looks a lot brighter than it did a few years ago!

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

Just looking at PPS site, and the amount of items available for sale there is very encouraging, at least I see it this way...

Click on any of these games and tell us what you find.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TOC-GAMES-EM

#185 5 years ago

Those are parts for modern games. Pinball rescue made them for older machines. Parts that not many would buy, but were needed by some.

#186 5 years ago

Zero parts for my Bally or Williams EMs.

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Zero parts for my Bally or Williams EMs.

Today there are none, but it sounds like they will be coming, at least from what I have read in these threads..

Guess I am just being optimistic based on what has arrived for modern games.

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I'm putting my pecker away now.

That was hilarious! Some good ole 'down home' talkin' there!

#189 5 years ago

Post edited by moderator: Please keep politics off the forum.

#190 5 years ago

?

#191 5 years ago

Does this mean we won't get a MB remake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside