• Latest reply 9 years ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-410.jpg
martincooper1_wideweb__470x3620.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon is the next game to be reproduced. I was told by a reliable source. Mark my words.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn't make sense to do CC before AFM unless they make it compatible with CCC. I'd be very surprised if there is any significant demand for CC otherwise.

You are not getting anywhere near $8000 for an AFM remake. $6-$7000 tops. Hence the CC remake first.

Again, mark my words.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

First, I'd be amazed if TOTAN and CV are actually remade.
Second, I'd really be astonished it PPS sells them at a price they wouldn't make any profit, like $6,500.
At this point it's all speculation, but I'm sure if PPS can make money they'll remake whatever the market will permit.
As far as JJP goes, I don't know what Jack was thinking when he priced WOZ at $6.5k. Maybe he was just concerned about getting the company started? Maybe the WOZ BOM was based on 2011 pricing and now that they are actually building machines in 2013/2014 their raw material costs have gone up? I don't know. I just know it cost me well over $7k to build a WH2O from scratch and roughly $6.5k to do the same for a MB. I have no overhead. I don't have employees. I don't have to worry about insurance, utilities, etc. Maybe I just really suck at building pinball machines in my garage, because it costs me a small fortune every time I do it. I just don't see Stern and JJP raping their customers, which tends to be the popular sentiment here on PinSide. I think it costs a lot of money to run a factory, pay for employees health care, 401Ks, pay utility bills, property taxes, and on and on. I work in manufacturing and I can tell you my companies costs have increased drastically over the last few years. Seriously, why would Stern and JJP blatantly over charge their customers? Is that good for repeat business? Sorry, I just don't see that as a logical long term business model.

You don't think there is any profit at a $6500 price point? HA!

Man, the rise in prices has really convinced people that that's what they cost to build. Crazy.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, I'll bite. Just what do you think a CC remake will sell for and how many people will buy it?
Assume the game will come with the final (unpublished) code from WMS, but will not be CCC compatable.

Personally, I think it will be priced at $8000 and there won't be as many buyers as expected so they'll drop the price down to $7000. I base this on nothing but my gut as I think MMR took a shit load of cash out the market. When MMR deliveries start, people are going to be dumping B and C list titles on the market like crazy to cover their MMR purchases. Next year is going to be a massive buyers market.

Planetary already stated that they have the rights for CC and that includes the right to finish the code.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can see it happening now, and next year is going to be "massive"......

Truth. It's amazing how many pins having been sitting on Craiglist in Los Angeles. Months at a time, no buyers. The market adjustment is here already. Most people don't know it though because they haven't gone to sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planetary-pinball-one-done?tu=KoolMoeCraig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.