• Latest reply 9 years ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-410.jpg
martincooper1_wideweb__470x3620.jpg
There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 years ago

You realize this thread was 10 months old?

I don't think $8k is going to become the PPS base - when MMR rumors started heating up, general thoughts were that it was going to be around $6k, but clearly there was so much interest and PPS would have been silly to leave money on the table.

Three major things tell me that a lower price point is feasible, if not likely, for future games:

1) the demand for other WMS remakes won't be anything like Medieval. If planned runs are in the 1000 range, they will need to be closer to a $6k max.

2) the cost of developing the new board set should have been absorbed in the cost of MMR development, so there should be significantly less development costs for future WMS titles.

3) there is more viable competition now than when MMR was announced. Look at TBL and AMH - very solid choices and not $8k.

I'd ask Rick some questions here, but it seems like he has me on ignore both on Pinside and email.

I was (and am) a strong supporter of what PPS is doing, but now that it seems you have to be a puppy dog fan boy to have Rick participate in any discussion (or even read what you write), I'm going to looking at other titles first over new PPS titles for NIB purchases. 6 months ago I would have said that I wouldn't seriously consider non-PPS titles.

But when the head of the company goes out of his way to avoid answering questions, demeans or trys to margainilize those that have the nerve (!) to ask him to reconcile actions with claims or any question that might actually provide customers and potential customers with a better understanding of the product or process, that's a bit concerning.

My experience has shown that is someone is willing to take the resulting PR hit from acting vindictively or like a spoiled teenage gossip, it's being done to misdirect or prevent a far bigger impact from revealing something else.

Maybe Rick will eventually decide that it's more beneficial to PPS to have an open and transparent discussion here with anyone interested rather than to wall it off in a private forum. But until then, I know a few people that are going thinking a lot harder about blindly buying PPS remakes and quite a few that won't even consider one on a pre-order basis.

And there isn't another potential remake I'd even consider at the $8k level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planetary-pinball-one-done/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.