Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

U2138651 (resized).jpg
    Wms-1962-stepper (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Can someone tell me how in the heck you print out the parts manual on Planetary's website? I want to print out the 1962 Williams parts catalog. Also, when viewing online, how do you turn off that annoying "page flipping" feature so I can thumb through faster? Having a pdf file would be better because then I could select what pages to print.

#3 7 years ago

Wow, that's too rich for my blood!

#4 7 years ago

For whatever reason PPS is forcing you to view the manual on their website only and they do not want people downloading or printing.

#5 7 years ago

I'm happy having free access to them in some form. Gottlieb makes you pay for theirs. Which I'm also fine with.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For whatever reason PPS is forcing you to view the manual on their website only and they do not want people downloading or printing.

I want to be able to print out the drawings of the stepper units so I can write on them how many turns of the torsion springs and which direction they are wound. I take the steppers apart for thorough cleaning and oiling. The camera I have is a piece of crap and almost always takes pictures out of focus.

That silly "turning the page" feature really slows down trying to thumb through their manuals. There are times when I want to print out one of the drawings to be able to write the new part numbers next to the old numbers. Remember, over the years some Williams parts had their numbers changed!

#7 7 years ago

Your best bet is to get the part of the drawing you want on screen (use the full screen option to show more) and then do a screenshot and print that out.

#8 7 years ago

Could you just take a screenshot of each page you need and then print?

Edit: above post beat me by 21 seconds

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'm happy having free access to them in some form. Gottlieb makes you pay for theirs. Which I'm also fine with.

I'm honestly ok with paying for a hard copy. It would be nice if PDFs were freely available (or even available with each purchase), but oh well.

I've been getting increasingly frustrated with the PPS browsing interface. It just gets in the way. Plus some of the scans that PPS is providing aren't that great--a few are fairly low-res and hard to read.

I also like to have hardcopies when I'm working on things or just perusing, so the lack of a print option is annoying.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Could you just take a screenshot of each page you need and then print?

It wouldn't be at full resolution, since you are limited by the size of your screen.

#11 7 years ago

Your best bet is to get the part of the drawing you want on screen (use the full screen option to show more) and then do a screenshot and print that out.

The problem is the resolution is sometimes very bad. Sometimes I can't make out the part numbers or the pictures are smeary from low resolution scanning.

#12 7 years ago

Hi KenLayton +
    To have just ONE page I make three Screen-Shots and put them together in a JPG - see the JPG. Instead of the Microsoft "Snipping Tool" I use the free "Snipping Tool Plus": http://www.chip.de/downloads/Snipping-Tool-Plus_47471201.html - I use the magnifying glass in planetarypinball, I scroll through the page - make three screenshots - put them together in MS- Paint - and maybe use paint.net: http://www.getpaint.net/index.html to "freshen up" a bit.
    Well, I would not want to do this on some 200 pages ... - greetings Rolf

Wms-1962-stepper (resized).jpgWms-1962-stepper (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

You certainly shouldn't run a linux script containing commands like...

wget http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1966/files/assets/pages/page0001.swf?rnd=e036838d82b9db95cda2d380c70d5d44 -O Page0001.swf

which incrementally downloads each page from their website to get all the SWF files the pages are formatted in...

and then fall short of success by forgetting to ask the wife to convert all of the SWF files into one pdf using something like Adobe Acrobat Pro.

#14 7 years ago

U2138651 (resized).jpgU2138651 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planetary-pinball-manuals-questionbeef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.