Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tbutler6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C8717745-8558-4B22-8B40-B12306F638BE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190129-170330_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Wow,
    Just ordered a color eeprom for a MMr, shipping was 19.65 for a single eeprom.

Gotta love greed at its finest

#2 5 years ago

What??? No way! That's ridiculous...

#3 5 years ago

First 2 words of your title says it.

#4 5 years ago

Is it a prototype?

#5 5 years ago

Typical shipping option from them. I learned that a couple of years ago, they don't seem to have a negotiable shipping arrangement like the other pin part vendors do. You used to be able to get that color chip at the others that had allocation of the part, not sure now though..

#6 5 years ago

Make your own Eprom.

Problem solved.

#7 5 years ago

Not as bad as this!!!

I just want this one little chip

Screenshot_20190129-170330_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190129-170330_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Not as bad as this!!!
    I just want this one little chip
    [quoted image]

Try to find electronics components from a source closer to home. You don't need to get that at marco.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Wow,
    Just ordered a color eeprom for a MMr, shipping was 19.65 for a single eeprom.
    Gotta love greed at its finest

Troy...just to clarify this...you did order the MMR color upgrade which is $399. Because it is high dollar and in the past we have had a few that went missing, we can only offer shipping choices that include insurance. I just did a check on this using your order info and the price was $13 for priority but then you do have to add the insurance as required for this part which was about $5 dollars extra, if it goes missing in the mail it is $399 on us. First class mail starts at about $6-7 dollars these days and we do have to have a method that is trackable, so we can't offer to send out parts using stamps. Priority also isn't cheap and starts at about $10. We can certainly look into the shipping cost....I would encourage you to use our helpdesk

http://support.planetarypinball.com/support/tickets/new

and let Monica at the warehouse know you feel shipping is off. Maybe the weight needs adjustment and we can offer first class w/insurance to bring the price down, we do rely on customer feedback...we always try to solve the issue in the best interest of the customer when someone lets us know of an issue. But if we are not made aware then we can't help make it better. So in the future it would be nice to let us know first, rather than do a post on here as I just randomly saw this when I was looking for the MBR update thread...

thx [email protected]

#10 5 years ago

So this is a chip upgrade that's $399?

I mean, that's amazing. Understood it took a ton of work / programming and it's a software thing. I'm just imagining even a $50 chip for an older game and the reaction it would get lol.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

I mean, that's amazing. Understood it took a ton of work / programming and it's a software thing. I'm just imagining even a $50 chip for an older game and the reaction it would get lol.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MMR-HDC-STD

At that price, I thought it included a new display in addition to the new code, but if I'm reading the description right, it almost sounds like it's just a security chip plus a SD card with the latest code.

#12 5 years ago

Are you guys saying you didn't know the color upgrade for the PPS games are just unlocks?

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you guys saying you didn't know the color upgrade for the PPS games are just unlocks?

That is correct

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven't really paid attention to it for the past few years, but now I remember all the hoopla about the price for just a code update/unlock when it was announced.

#15 5 years ago

Yes it’s a security pic.... and pinside lost its mind that people somehow charge for software... the audacity!!

Now let’s see how many Tesla owners are here paying for their software

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xfilelover:

Troy...just to clarify this...you did order the MMR color upgrade which is $399. Because it is high dollar and in the past we have had a few that went missing, we can only offer shipping choices that include insurance. I just did a check on this using your order info and the price was $13 for priority but then you do have to add the insurance as required for this part which was about $5 dollars extra, if it goes missing in the mail it is $399 on us. First class mail starts at about $6-7 dollars these days and we do have to have a method that is trackable, so we can't offer to send out parts using stamps. Priority also isn't cheap and starts at about $10. We can certainly look into the shipping cost....I would encourage you to use our helpdesk
    http://support.planetarypinball.com/support/tickets/new
    and let Monica at the warehouse know you feel shipping is off. Maybe the weight needs adjustment and we can offer first class w/insurance to bring the price down, we do rely on customer feedback...we always try to solve the issue in the best interest of the customer when someone lets us know of an issue. But if we are not made aware then we can't help make it better. So in the future it would be nice to let us know first, rather than do a post on here as I just randomly saw this when I was looking for the MBR update thread...
    thx [email protected]

Flat rate small box with $400 insurance, 13.70
    C8717745-8558-4B22-8B40-B12306F638BE (resized).jpegC8717745-8558-4B22-8B40-B12306F638BE (resized).jpeg

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Flat rate small box with $400 insurance, 13.70
    [quoted image]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Burrrnnnn..

#18 5 years ago

This forum amazes me...

#19 5 years ago

I would like to say that I received an email out of the blue from PPS with a $5.00 refund for shipping. I appreciate that they reached out.

#20 5 years ago

Nice of them. It's been hit or miss for me getting responses to tickets I've put in with them.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Try to find electronics components from a source closer to home. You don't need to get that at marco.

i have literally no one in Europe sells it unless iv missed somewhere.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xfilelover:

if it goes missing in the mail it is $399 on us.

More like $15, cost of the PIC and a couple minutes to program it.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Well, to be honest that's what I was thinking. It'd be one thing if it was a distributor that bought it at half retail price and had to insure it or they're actually out hundreds of dollars if it went missing, but in this case it seems they'd be out cost of the chip.

I didn't follow this whole thing, I don't generally follow a ton of discussion on the newer games. Does ColorDMD not work with the MMR? Or is this somehow better graphics?
    [edit] nevermind.. just saw this.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-color-chip-vs-colordmd

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Well, to be honest that's what I was thinking. It'd be one thing if it was a distributor that bought it at half retail price and had to insure it or they're actually out hundreds of dollars if it went missing, but in this case it seems they'd be out cost of the chip.
    I didn't follow this whole thing, I don't generally follow a ton of discussion on the newer games. Does ColorDMD not work with the MMR? Or is this somehow better graphics?
    [edit] nevermind.. just saw this.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-color-chip-vs-colordmd

PPS doesn't make the color upgrade for MMR, we don't program them either, we are a "distributor" for the upgrade, they come from CGC. Feel free to contact us directly for correct info on how we do things and it will make much more sense. We also sell Color DMD brand and same thing if one goes missing we don't get a free one to replace from Color DMD, who gets them made and then sells them to us. This was about Troy not happy with shipping, we gave him a partial refund and now offer a first class option on it, so again thanks for the feedback. Always best to reach out directly to us for questions about our parts. Thx

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xfilelover:

PPS doesn't make the color upgrade for MMR, we don't program them either, we are a "distributor" for the upgrade, they come from CGC. Feel free to contact us directly for correct info on how we do things and it will make much more sense. We also sell Color DMD brand and same thing if one goes missing we don't get a free one to replace from Color DMD, who gets them made and then sells them to us. This was about Troy not happy with shipping, we gave him a partial refund and now offer a first class option on it, so again thanks for the feedback. Always best to reach out directly to us for questions about our parts. Thx

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If they made it... which they don't.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I would like to say that I received an email out of the blue from PPS with a $5.00 refund for shipping. I appreciate that they reached out.

More like reach around bent you over and had their way with you. You order that product, at that price and it should be free shipping. Good grief.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I guess when you make a big enough fuss......

#29 5 years ago

never forget the small mmr color upgrade chip that was in a tiny yellow box,was over $50 to australia for postage and came floating around in a massive box with no protection

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

This is the reason my MMr will never see a color upgrade. If it was a whole new display and the chip then yeah but this is a ridiculous price and they are just raping people. I don't look at the screen enough to warrant spending that much for it to be color

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

This is the reason my MMr will never see a color upgrade. If it was a whole new display and the chip then yeah but this is a ridiculous price and they are just raping people. I don't look at the screen enough to warrant spending that much for it to be color

I've got it and it's pretty sweet. You're missing out. It's worth 400. I mean 410.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I've got it and it's pretty sweet. You're missing out. It's worth 400. I mean 410.

I agree. I thought it was a bit much but finally bit the bullet. After getting it I wished I had got sooner. It's a HUGE upgrade!

#33 5 years ago

May be worth noting that they were (maybe still are) selling the last few remaining AFMRLE’s for $7999.00 NIB
    where as others are “market pricing”
    Treated me with respect...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planetary-pinball-2000-shipping-for-a-eeprom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.