Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

737 (resized).jpg
    28D1D5E6-0C91-4CA1-895C-8D4DA8F55E98 (resized).jpeg
    0DA509B3-41CE-4886-85C7-E1DF6AB93BE6 (resized).jpeg
    107E9CDD-4A63-4CF6-A3CE-CD3403F00F50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0496 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Seems like there are a lot of pilots in here. Started a club.

#2 4 years ago

I’m a big time aviation and pinball enthusiast, retired army aviator and just got a job flying for ATI flying 757/767s.

#3 4 years ago

Do model airplanes count?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

Do model airplanes count?

That's one hobby I've wanted to get into but pinball gets in the way.

Quoted from Bud:

I’m a big time aviation and pinball enthusiast, retired army aviator and just got a job flying for ATI flying 757/767s.

What'd you fly in the Army? Say hi if you're near FOD or ONL

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

That's one hobby I've wanted to get into but pinball gets in the way.

What'd you fly in the Army? Say hi if you're near FOD or ONL

Blackhawks and king airs

#7 4 years ago

I've seen the movie Airplane, quit sniffing glue this week, I speak jive and have the term 'flyer' in my email address, can I join? Oh and my father is a retired rotary aircraft pilot for the Army.

#8 4 years ago

Well the pin I've got covered , not much for flying.

IMG_0496 (resized).JPGIMG_0496 (resized).JPG
    #9 4 years ago

I’m a commercial helicopter pilot. Been flying helicopters for coming up on 16 years now. All civilian. I currently fly an Agusta A119 Koala doing EMS. I’m based in Kingman AZ. We do a lot of scene calls for accidents on the highways and injury’s in the Grand Canyon. Also just normal hospital transfers. No airplane experience whatsoever BUT....I do fly RC model airplanes as another hobby haha.

0DA509B3-41CE-4886-85C7-E1DF6AB93BE6 (resized).jpeg0DA509B3-41CE-4886-85C7-E1DF6AB93BE6 (resized).jpeg107E9CDD-4A63-4CF6-A3CE-CD3403F00F50 (resized).jpeg107E9CDD-4A63-4CF6-A3CE-CD3403F00F50 (resized).jpeg28D1D5E6-0C91-4CA1-895C-8D4DA8F55E98 (resized).jpeg28D1D5E6-0C91-4CA1-895C-8D4DA8F55E98 (resized).jpeg
    #10 4 years ago

Interesting thread. I fly for a major airline and love my job.

When I go to work, it’s like a mini vacation for me. I get to see different places and experience different challenges on every flight. No two trips are the same. On layovers, I get to hike mountain trails on beautiful days, play pinball at different museums and arcades across the country, and sample some of the best bbq and beers all across the USA. Home is where the work and projects are, lol.

The coolest flying thing I’ve ever seen happened back when I was in college. I had a summer job where we did weather modification (cloud seeding) in western North Dakota/Eastern Montana. One evening, as we were flying below the cloud bases, seeding a typical thunderstorm system, a large neon green glowing ball dropped out of the clouds in front of us. It fell for only a few seconds, till it was about 3000-4000’ below us, before exploding in a white flash. The guys in another plane behind us, saw it as well, so I knew I wasn’t seeing things or had some weird optical illusion. Our only guess is that it was ball lightning, something I’d only read about till that point.

My next major endeavor is to build my own airplane. I’ve already got an RV-10 tail kit that is sitting in my garage, but I don’t want to start on it till I’ve made some major headway on my Ebd restoration project currently underway. I don’t care to have two life altering projects going on at the same time, while still staying married and trying to keep my sanity, lol!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Interesting thread. I fly for a major airline and love my job.
    When I go to work, it’s like a mini vacation for me. I get to see different places and experience different challenges on every flight. No two trips are the same. On layovers, I get to hike mountain trails on beautiful days, play pinball at different museums and arcades across the country, and sample some of the best bbq and beers all across the USA. Home is where the work and projects are, lol.
    The coolest flying thing I’ve ever seen happened back when I was in college. I had a summer job where we did weather modification (cloud seeding) in western North Dakota/Eastern Montana. One evening, as we were flying below the cloud bases, seeding a typical thunderstorm system, a large neon green glowing ball dropped out of the clouds in front of us. It fell for only a few seconds, till it was about 3000-4000’ below us, before exploding in a white flash. The guys in another plane behind us, saw it as well, so I knew I wasn’t seeing things or had some weird optical illusion. Our only guess is that it was ball lightning, something I’d only read about till that point.
    My next major endeavor is to build my own airplane. I’ve already got an RV-10 tail kit that is sitting in my garage, but I don’t want to start on it till I’ve made some major headway on my Ebd restoration project currently underway. I don’t care to have two life altering projects going on at the same time, while still staying married and trying to keep my sanity, lol!

A homebuilt would be a fun project. I have a buddy that built his own BD-4, nice little aircraft. I'm thinking about getting my seaplane rating this summer but the practicality of it is very low.

11 months later
    #12 3 years ago

Saw this in a news thread, thought it would be good to share.
    Make nice little stocking stuffers for the pilot, flight attendant, aircraft mechanic...
    Different aircraft, different manufacturers etc.

Aviationtag.com

737 (resized).jpg737 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago

Never did get to be a pilot, but spent a LONG time working in aviation communications and flight operations. I really miss it, like, I REALLY miss it. But haven't had much luck transitioning back, and not in a position to relocate right now.

-hans

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planes-and-pinballs-aviation-club?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.