7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That Indiana Jones at Musee Mecanique had some horrible playfield wear when I was there in 2011. I can't imagine what it looks like now. That place is very cool though.
If you are staying in San Francisco and plan to go to the Pacific Pinball museum in Alameda and you are taking the BART and bus to get there, keep in mind...it will be an all day trip. Wife and I didn't realize what a trek it actually was and we were almost caught in Oakland after dark. That is somewhere you don't want to be.

Gotta downvote the Oakland after dark take. First off, PPM is in Alameda, which is a pretty mellow town, and there's a decent neighborhood bar down on the corner to grab some brews. Not to mention a legendary BBQ franchise on the same block (Everet and Jones I believe).

Pacific Pinball Museum is MAnDATORy for a pinhead. Second, I don't think I've ever been there in the daylight...and I've been there with my sister, my wife and two young kids, and with friends...no worries whatsoever AND they have parking! Lastly, there are places in Oakland that are nice too, like Jack London Square, with jazz clubs and restaurants and all the stuff you want as a tourist looking to do a bunch of shit in a limited time frame.

Rec for Free Gold Watch. I'm pretty sure that place has the most pins in the city proper. I'm wearing my SFPD - SAN Francisco Pinball Dept. hoodie as I type this!

Last, is that damn Indy STILL at Musee Mech? It was there when it was still by the Cliff House out on Pacific Beach!! That and a Sing - A - Long, which is a great EM.

IMG_0317 (resized).JPGIMG_0317 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-see-in-san-fransisco?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.