Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by PinCheese
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230426_183517 (resized).jpg
    B39AE215-FD4E-47B8-8949-3E1B933F930A (resized).png
    20230313_223850 (resized).jpg
    20230313_223900 (resized).jpg
    20230313_234934 (resized).jpg
    20230315_215223 (resized).jpg
    20230310_230633 (resized).jpg
    20230310_224823 (resized).jpg
    20230310_213542 (resized).jpg
    20230310_213619 (resized).jpg
    20230310_233605 (resized).jpg
    20230310_233348 (resized).jpg
    20230310_224838 (resized).jpg
    20230313_125545 (resized).jpg
    20230313_125533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7228 (resized).jpg
    There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Ii know! I only got to see him once, and he was obviously unhealthy but still threw cards like a master.
    I have everything he ever put out, except an original Cards as weapons , last copy that I saw come up was missing it's cover and went for over a grand, bummed I didn't have the kind of cash needed to bid at his auction, but he was hands down the best conman historian/magician, sleight of hand man of our time.
    B

That would be a hell of a find! I got to work on a job with Deceptive Practices one time, and while I didn’t meet Ricky, the whole operation was totally on point and MAN did they not mess around with secrets. I got to ask 2 questions and you better believe I was sweating it the whole time. I don’t have any stuff signed by Ricky but I do have a copy of “expert at the card table” where the amazing Johnathan wrote “go F yourself” LOL

#102 1 year ago

WHAT ARE YOU NERDS TALKIN ABOUT?

#103 1 year ago

Was informed we aren't renting a car, PHEW. Guess we're Ubering from LAX to Disney where we're staying. Pretty relieved I don't have to drive in that mess. We'll be hitting the Santa Monica pier after Anaheim, so that'll be fun.
    I'm just tryin to get to TSOL

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

WHAT ARE YOU NERDS TALKIN ABOUT?

Ricky Jay Potash man! One of the coolest Americans to ever live, watch Deceptive Practice, Ricky Jay and his 52 assistants or any footage of him on letterman, Carson, Leno or anything he ever did. He was a big part of the magic castle and the museum of Jurassic technology or read "Learned pigs and fireproof women"
    Fun times.
    Have a great time in lala land, yes, you'll run into shit heads, but that's anywhere, you like ALL your neighbors?
    Yeah, me neither.
    You ever end up in the SF bay area look me up, I'll take you to some of our underground pinball spots/punk clubs
    B

#105 1 year ago

I don't like any of my neighbors. Keeps the small talk small.

#106 1 year ago

What I am most looking forward to is getting beat in by the Bloods. I love red.

#107 1 year ago

Def gonna be a Circle Jerks soundtrack city

#108 1 year ago

Saw Tsol and circle jerks a few months ago in Sacramento, good show, but Keith musta told us 50 times he's 66 years old, we get it dude, maybe time to lose the dreadlocks with male pattern baldness then eh?
    B

#110 1 year ago

WILD IN THE STREETS

#111 1 year ago

But 44 years ago

#112 1 year ago

If this is your first time in LA, you need to consider that the Disneyland/Anaheim area really isn't "close" to a lot of LA spots. It looks close on a map, but isn't when you consider traffic. It could take you 2 hours during rush hour to get from Disney to the Santa Monica Pier.

As a frequent visitor to LA, here are my tips for a first time visitor:

-If you are in Disney, and want to see nice California beaches, go directly west. Towards Huntington Beach and points south. In general, the further north you go, the more blue-collar and trashy the beaches and people generally are. The Santa Monica Pier is a bit of a tourist trap, and a bit of a shi$hole. Venice beach is a bit of the same. If you want to see the Pier, just to say you saw it, it's a point of reference for life, but it really isn't a great California beach area in my opinion.

The most beautiful beaches, IMO, are Laguna Beach down to Laguna Nigel. And if you venture to the far north, Malibu is gorgeous (but that is quite a drive from Disney).

-Stay away from south and central LA. Don't get off the freeway in those areas, unless your car breaks down. There are exceptions, but there are some pretty dangerous areas there, even during the day.

-Downtown LA (Staples Center area, where the Lakers play) and all points north and west of there are generally very nice. Pasadena thru Burbank down to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are where the "classic" LA sights are.

-The area of the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a tourist trap area. You can get a feel for it by just driving down a few blocks of that area, but it's a den of cheap souvenir shops and not much else to see.

-Driving up into the Hollywood Hills up by Mullholand Drive gives you a great look at Burbank to the North (where the Studios are), and greater LA to the South. The houses in the hills are gorgeous. Countless celebs, producer and director types, and just people with boatloads of money, reside in the Hills. Geographically, the Hills are gorgeous. Warning: passengers in a car can get car sick from the twists and turns of the hills after 20-30 minutes.

-Rodeo Drive. Your 7 year old might be bored here. But for adults, walk the few blocks and you'll see some great cars driving up and down, and shoppers dressed to the nines in their casual-but-expensive attire. You'll hear accents from shoppers & tourists from all around the world. High-end tourism/shopping here. Parking, surprisingly, isn't expensive in the local lots. Again, another place you might catch a celeb shopping -- and more likely on a weekday morning or afternoon when they are less likely to draw attention. It is worth an hour of time to visit.

-Breakfast/Brunch (in the Downtown, or Hollywood, or Beverly Hills area):

The Griddle Cafe in the greater Hollywood area has the biggest pancakes you'll ever likely see, with a large selection of them. It's a little secret that you might occasionally catch a celebrity here, as the Directors Guild is right next door, so some might grab coffee or breakfast before or after a business meeting there. There is generally nicer parking along the houses on N Hayworth rather than parking in the crappy lot out back of the Griddle. (https://www.yelp.com/map/the-griddle-cafe-los-angeles-2)

Bottega Louie (2 locations, Downtown, or in West Hollywood). Expensive, but a real foodie's breakfast and brunch place. The attention to detail is always top notch. The West Hollywood location is another area to sit for an hour and people watch. It's one of the places that the business of Hollywood gets done over brunch. If you have a keen eye, you can spot a few big wigs or celebs, especially toward the sectioned off by glass area toward the rear. Last time there, the woman next to us uttered the word "dahhhling" in coversation -- twice. My preference is the West Hollywood spot, but if you are staying downtown, this is can't miss for breakfast/brunch. It is my favorite place to eat in LA. (https://www.bottegalouie.com)

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

LA: Its not all bad. Lots of fun things to do. Here are some things we do here:
    - Go shopping for new catalytic converters
    - Take long circuitous walking routes dodging the homeless and their trash
    - Go shopping for new bicycles
    - Drink Starbucks coffee while sitting in a traffic jam listening to Megadeth albums (NO REMASTERS!)

Take note guys. This is how you rag on L.A. without coming across as a Dewshh.

#115 1 year ago

NOBODY BALKS IN LA

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Saw Tsol and circle jerks a few months ago in Sacramento, good show, but Keith musta told us 50 times he's 66 years old, we get it dude, maybe time to lose the dreadlocks with male pattern baldness then eh?
    B

Last OFF! show was kinda the same but I get it - Keith is tired, diabetes, I’m not betting on him finding exercise Jesus…

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

If this is your first time in LA, you need to consider that the Disneyland/Anaheim area really isn't "close" to a lot of LA spots. It looks close on a map, but isn't when you consider traffic. It could take you 2 hours during rush hour to get from Disney to the Santa Monica Pier.
    As a frequent visitor to LA, here are my tips for a first time visitor:
    -If you are in Disney, and want to see nice California beaches, go directly west. Towards Huntington Beach and points south. In general, the further north you go, the more blue-collar and trashy the beaches and people generally are. The Santa Monica Pier is a bit of a tourist trap, and a bit of a shi$hole. Venice beach is a bit of the same. If you want to see the Pier, just to say you saw it, it's a point of reference for life, but it really isn't a great California beach area in my opinion.
    The most beautiful beaches, IMO, are Laguna Beach down to Laguna Nigel. And if you venture to the far north, Malibu is gorgeous (but that is quite a drive from Disney).
    -Stay away from south and central LA. Don't get off the freeway in those areas, unless your car breaks down. There are exceptions, but there are some pretty dangerous areas there, even during the day.
    -Downtown LA (Staples Center area, where the Lakers play) and all points north and west of there are generally very nice. Pasadena thru Burbank down to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are where the "classic" LA sights are.
    -The area of the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a tourist trap area. You can get a feel for it by just driving down a few blocks of that area, but it's a den of cheap souvenir shops and not much else to see.
    -Driving up into the Hollywood Hills up by Mullholand Drive gives you a great look at Burbank to the North (where the Studios are), and greater LA to the South. The houses in the hills are gorgeous. Countless celebs, producer and director types, and just people with boatloads of money, reside in the Hills. Geographically, the Hills are gorgeous. Warning: passengers in a car can get car sick from the twists and turns of the hills after 20-30 minutes.
    -Rodeo Drive. Your 7 year old might be bored here. But for adults, walk the few blocks and you'll see some great cars driving up and down, and shoppers dressed to the nines in their casual-but-expensive attire. You'll hear accents from shoppers & tourists from all around the world. High-end tourism/shopping here. Parking, surprisingly, isn't expensive in the local lots. Again, another place you might catch a celeb shopping -- and more likely on a weekday morning or afternoon when they are less likely to draw attention. It is worth an hour of time to visit.
    -Breakfast/Brunch (in the Downtown, or Hollywood, or Beverly Hills area):
    The Griddle Cafe in the greater Hollywood area has the biggest pancakes you'll ever likely see, with a large selection of them. It's a little secret that you might occasionally catch a celebrity here, as the Directors Guild is right next door, so some might grab coffee or breakfast before or after a business meeting there. There is generally nicer parking along the houses on N Hayworth rather than parking in the crappy lot out back of the Griddle. (https://www.yelp.com/map/the-griddle-cafe-los-angeles-2)
    Bottega Louie (2 locations, Downtown, or in West Hollywood). Expensive, but a real foodie's breakfast and brunch place. The attention to detail is always top notch. The West Hollywood location is another area to sit for an hour and people watch. It's one of the places that the business of Hollywood gets done over brunch. If you have a keen eye, you can spot a few big wigs or celebs, especially toward the sectioned off by glass area toward the rear. Last time there, the woman next to us uttered the word "dahhhling" in coversation -- twice. My preference is the West Hollywood spot, but if you are staying downtown, this is can't miss for breakfast/brunch. It is my favorite place to eat in LA. (https://www.bottegalouie.com)

TLDR;

#118 1 year ago

You didn't ask. Just trying to be helpful for the person who did.

#119 1 year ago

TSOL is my goal now.
    Thanks mang.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

You didn't ask. Just trying to be helpful for the person who did.

Well..Sorry - I was ribbing you; didn’t come off right I guess. Good recs!

#121 1 year ago

You are welcome to come visit us here and I can take you to o-din’s if you’d like.
    Or I can meet you at the land of the Rat with my 7year old and we’d be happy to give you the VIG (Very Important Gryszzz) tour.
    All while singing…

Historic punk landmarks along the way!
    All the street tacos you can eat too!
    160CA416-7395-40FE-8F77-F718437CB6B4 (resized).jpeg160CA416-7395-40FE-8F77-F718437CB6B4 (resized).jpeg
    Knott to be outdone by the Diz, Knott’s Berry Farm is also close by, is now 103 years old, and has a bit more thrill in its coasters with plenty of family value to boot.
    Alas, some of the better coasters are now down but, Ghostrider, Silver Bullet and HangTime are still rolling strong and are worth the admission.

Fun with bonus:
    O-din has mastered the build-a-burger there as you can clearly see.
    878EAEAE-B1C9-40C0-8A88-AE9145A64223 (resized).jpeg878EAEAE-B1C9-40C0-8A88-AE9145A64223 (resized).jpeg

#122 1 year ago

Is staying at surfside Beach (north of Huntington Beach area) a good spot to hit Disney and venture out on whatever days? We are going for 6 days next month.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Is staying at surfside Beach (north of Huntington Beach area) a good spot to hit Disney and venture out on whatever days? We are going for 6 days next month.

I think you mean Sunset Beach? If so couple of good restaurants there. It’s a sleepy surf town

#124 1 year ago

Oh and almost forgot, this weekend is Oscars Weekend. Hollywood will be a mess and streets around Dolby Theater will be blocked

3051DF60-3C99-45E4-87F0-363FEE998CA9 (resized).jpeg3051DF60-3C99-45E4-87F0-363FEE998CA9 (resized).jpeg
    #125 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've actually never been to LA before. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fucking hate it.

A shithole 2nd only to the sfbay area…Disney land is now gang land…bite your tongue and refrain from the tough guy stuff…them little shits out there will ventilate ya over absolutely nothing

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Was informed we aren't renting a car, PHEW. Guess we're Ubering from LAX to Disney where we're staying. Pretty relieved I don't have to drive in that mess. We'll be hitting the Santa Monica pier after Anaheim, so that'll be fun

Gryzzzzz old mate — the above shows you have no idea how huge and crowded LA is!

Rental cars are dirt cheap - grab one. You will 100% need it.

An Uber LAX to Anaheim on a weekday? That’s one long expensive Uber ride!

Then Anaheim up to Santa Monica - that’s probably 60-90 mins depending on traffic. Maps shows 45 mins now - and it’s 1am there. Could be up to 2 hours in the day if the traffics crappy. Once it took me 3 hours to get from Long Beach Port area back to Nimbles near Anaheim.

Definitely message Nimble and he’ll hook you up with your old mate Odin. Maybe not the best place to take the family though lollll. He’s very close to Disneyland/Knotts.

Always great times in CA! But get a car.

First stop when you get the rental car at LAX - Randy’s Donuts, it’s in the neighbourhood. Just for the picture if you’re not hungry.

I’m a Comedy Store guy - always go there when I’m in town. But that’s on Sunset - and Anaheim is nowhere near there. * unless you have a car *.

rd
    D19E0DD4-F5F0-4414-9300-968A15D60C9B (resized).jpegD19E0DD4-F5F0-4414-9300-968A15D60C9B (resized).jpeg

#127 1 year ago

Gryzzz, you gonna see LA without a car?
    You must be crazy!!
    ENJOY!!

e05d0dbf-08c8-4dd4-967a-44fc28aad721_text.gife05d0dbf-08c8-4dd4-967a-44fc28aad721_text.gif

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't eat donuts man. But I do love tacos. Where's the must do taco joint?

Try El Farito in Fullerton (Odin recommended). It's a few miles north of Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. in Fullerton.
    And a short distance away on Harbor is Lost Levels Arcade and Retro Gaming store.
    https://www.lostlevelsarcade.com/locations/fullerton

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

That’s one long expensive Uber ride!

rotordave knows what's up-I was thinking same exact thing

The cost of uber is going to break your bank-might as well rent a car. The traffic is not that bad to drive in-just slow. Thank god for the new gps maps on your cell phone that lead the way. I remember one time in college trying to drive around LA with the old physical maps before cell phones. I usually book everything through Orbitz(hard to beat). -Get a car for sure-you want to take the kid/s to the beach #1 that is an important part/memories(probably will be cheaper than Uber as well).

I did have an afterthought about your situation. You have a 7 year old and she may or may not be tall enough to ride a lot of the rides. It's ok-there are plenty of other rides to ride together. May schedule a breakfast with the Disney characters, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Small World, etc. Just make sure you ride Indiana Jones at least once yourself.

-Definitely try and hook up with Nimblepin and O-din as well if you have time

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

A shithole 2nd only to the sfbay area…Disney land is now gang land…bite your tongue and refrain from the tough guy stuff…them little shits out there will ventilate ya over absolutely nothing

OOOOOOooooo Gryzzz is SOOOOOOO scared!

#131 1 year ago

Haha, I was thinking the same thing Levi.
    Spoken like a dude in his mid-60’s with a shiny Rolex on his wrist. Watching their local out of state news, instead of putting feet to actual pavement here.

If “I” can make it out here all these years walking the “mean streets” of OC and L.A. in goofy plaid pants/shants, Gryszzz will be JUST FIIIIIINE.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Try El Farito in Fullerton

It’s actually El Farolito.
    And you want the original location a few miles East in Placentia. The Fullerton one is owned by the younger brother and is just so-so.
    12AA1D66-72EE-4AFE-8AFB-2B4C8B0E4E21 (resized).jpeg12AA1D66-72EE-4AFE-8AFB-2B4C8B0E4E21 (resized).jpeg
    As for Lost Levels, it’s also just so-so.
    Mostly a shell of its former glory when it had pinball machines as well.
    Mission Control in Santa Ana is more worth the trip and is a straight shot down the 5 freeway from Disneyland.
    Has MOAR arcade/pinball and of course, a bar!
    Jay keeps the pins in tippy-top shape.
    4th street marketplace is a mini-mall full of food too.

But, honestly, why travel more than you have to?
    Between o-din’s garage and my place, you’ll definitely get your fill of games to play.

We can reminisce about Expo 2015 and all the fun we had, since that was I think(?) the last time I saw you in person…

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing Levi.
    If “I” can make it out here all these years walking the “mean streets” of OC and L.A. in goofy plaid pants/shants, Gryszzz will be JUST FIIIIIINE.

It does amaze me how many pinsiders are terrified of American cities.

I've sold pinball machines to dozens of folks here and they've all emerged unscathed and unventilated from their visit to NYC.

Join us!! It's a party!

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I think you mean Sunset Beach? If so couple of good restaurants there. It’s a sleepy surf town

Ya its the beach next to Sunset.So do you think it's a good spot to stay and get around?

#135 1 year ago

For those of you going to Disney in the next few months-years here is info on my favorite hotel to stay in. Some people spend crazy money to be on property and get in an hour early to the park. The problem is the rooms are mostly cramped generic rooms and are highly overpriced. I found a former residence inn style hotel across from maingate with a shuttle bus to take you to main gate. The thing I really like about this hotel is the kitchen, extra space, pool/hot tub, and the best part of all-Free full breakfast buffet for the entire family. Some hotels have free breakfast and it is pretty swag-this hotel does it up right. They have an entire kitchen staff for the buffet. It is right across from main entrance so the bus ride is only like 5 minutes. When I book our vacations I use Orbitz vacation packages-search Clementine for hotel and add rental car, etc.

https://clementinehotel.com/

#136 1 year ago

All these posts about getting murdered for turning down the wrong street are hilarious. This is how I picture you people when you're not behind your keyboards.

LegitimateUltimateAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-max-1mb.gifLegitimateUltimateAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-max-1mb.gif

Relax. The worst thing that's going to happen from making a wrong turn is you'll be stuck in traffic longer.

California rules. It's expensive as shit, and that sucks—I could afford a much nicer house somewhere else—but I don't want to live somewhere else, I love it here.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It does amaze me how many pinsiders are terrified of American cities.

I 100% get the appeal of rural living. Space, chilling, cheaper housing, all sorts of good stuff. I could be out in the woods with a workshop happy as a clam until it snowed. I like my SoCal weather. But city life has so much going for it too. Don't be scared of a little culture.

I have so many amazing friends here. Small town life is nice too, but it's not the same for meeting all kinds of people.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OOOOOOooooo Gryzzz is SOOOOOOO scared!

I mean it was a Beach boys song at one point…hell I used to snuggle with Zach Morris watching sunsets on the beach…today, not so much.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I mean it was a Beach boys song at one point…

My apologies, I need to correct my previous statement.
    Spoken like a dude in his mid-to-LATE 70’s!

(Well ventilated too I might add… )
    5E2C75C3-CECA-40C9-9ECD-8154B392BD21 (resized).jpeg5E2C75C3-CECA-40C9-9ECD-8154B392BD21 (resized).jpeg
    If Gryszzz and Fam want to visit the beach, I’ve got plenty of extra gear and would be happy to get him a front row seat…
    88952968-7A44-435F-9CED-349028CADD81 (resized).jpeg88952968-7A44-435F-9CED-349028CADD81 (resized).jpeg

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

It’s actually El Farolito.
    And you want the original location a few miles East in Placentia. The Fullerton one is owned by the younger brother and is just so-so.
    [quoted image]

Yeah, I tried to go to the Placentia location on Sunday, and the line was huge. Still want to try it though.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Ya its the beach next to Sunset.So do you think it's a good spot to stay and get around?

It’s about 30-40 minutes or so to get to Disneyland from there. There is no straight shot, you have to slog over there on surface streets. Or the 22 freeway might work. That area has the more old school beachy town vibe compared to downtown Huntington Beach which has become more commercialized. You of course can launch north or south on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) to see stuff, or get on the 405 fairly easily to go to LA and other parts of SoCal.

I think it should be nice, but I don’t go over to that area too much, even though its like 10 minutes away.

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

You can go visit Lemmy at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills. He’s right by Ronnie James Dio.
    [quoted image]

would love to visit dio's grave.

#142 1 year ago

Today’s o-din:
    HangTime? Hangover Time!

88215880-DA07-4846-A6E8-709EB4D14E2A (resized).jpeg88215880-DA07-4846-A6E8-709EB4D14E2A (resized).jpeg

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

rotordave knows what's up-I was thinking same exact thing
    The cost of uber is going to break your bank-might as well rent a car. The traffic is not that bad to drive in-just slow. Thank god for the new gps maps on your cell phone that lead the way.

Waze is a lifesaver in LA, for sure.

I still remember the era of a thick Thomas Guide under every driver's seat.

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

All these posts about getting murdered for turning down the wrong street are hilarious. This is how I picture you people when you're not behind your keyboards.
    [quoted image]
    Relax. The worst thing that's going to happen from making a wrong turn is you'll be stuck in traffic longer.
    California rules. It's expensive as shit, and that sucks—I could afford a much nicer house somewhere else—but I don't want to live somewhere else, I love it here.

I 100% get the appeal of rural living. Space, chilling, cheaper housing, all sorts of good stuff. I could be out in the woods with a workshop happy as a clam until it snowed. I like my SoCal weather. But city life has so much going for it too. Don't be scared of a little culture.
    I have so many amazing friends here. Small town life is nice too, but it's not the same for meeting all kinds of people.

Lets face it. There some AREAS in Some major cities that are bad or sketchy. That doesn't mean the entire city or even state is bad.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Lets face it. There some AREAS in Some major cities that are bad or sketchy. That doesn't mean the entire city or even state is bad.

True, but you might want to avoid the one ways in Norwalk

#146 1 year ago

Nimble Nuts! Dang man haven't seen ya around for awhile. Hope yer nuts are nimble and spry still. Def gonna pm ya so we can get together at some point.
    Look, everybody calm their tits over the goddamn rental car lol.
    I misspoke. It's not an Uber. It's a car service that goes from LAX to Disney all day everyday. And it's like, $120.
    We'll be at Disney for 3 days AND THEN, wait for it, AND THEN....we are renting a car.
    Have to get back to Tuscon somehow lol.

#147 1 year ago

Also, someone loan me 15k.

#148 1 year ago

Random guy actually makes a fair point, not that I needed the advice, but he's right. I can handle myself just fine, but in unknown locations better to keep a low profile and eyes and ears open.
    I'm not lookin to start any trouble in the City of Angels!

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Look, everybody calm their tits over the goddamn rental car lol.
    I misspoke. It's not an Uber. It's a car service that goes from LAX to Disney all day everyday. And it's like, $120.
    We'll be at Disney for 3 days AND THEN, wait for it, AND THEN....we are renting a car.

Calm down and get ahold of yourselves!

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm not lookin to start any trouble in the City of Angels!

I know RD and others visiting often tend to confuse L.A. and Orange County as one and the same place but, rest assured, they are completely. DIFFERENT. PLACES.

3 days at Disney?
    You are in Orange County.
    Rainbow Room?
    You are in L.A.

The most danger you’ll encounter in OC is either running out of Starbucks, (not possible!) or, stubbing your toe and faceplanting through o-din’s now-reinforced screen door.

Either way,
    You’ll be fine!
    Weclome to sunny SoCal Gryszzz!
    Soak it in!

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-things-to-do-in-la/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.