(Topic ID: 39937)

Places to play Pinball in/near Milwaukee,WI.

By GravitaR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Brlee2003
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130216_151900.jpg
    20130216_151853.jpg
    20130216_151842.jpg
    20130216_151834.jpg
    20130216_151828.jpg
    20130216_151817.jpg
    WI_and_IL.gif
    images.jpeg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Looking for a place to play some pinball while I'm in Milwaukee for
    the night on Thursday (14th). May make a stop at the Enchanted Castle near
    Chicago on the way there as well since its only 5-6 miles from I-294.

Any input appreciated,
    Todd "GravitaR" Seaver

#2 11 years ago

There's a new Milwaukee region of pinballmap.com:
    http://www.pinballmap.com/milwaukee

There are also handy Android and iOS/iPhone apps of it as well.

-Mark

#3 11 years ago

Just depends on what you want to play, as many locations in Milwaukee have 1 or 2 machines. I update the pinmap regularly along with a bunch of other pinsiders.

Lucille's has 6 machines (CSI, Dark Knight, POTC, Scared Stiff, Creature, and Family Guy).

Blackbird Bar has 3 machines (Big Buck Hunter Pro, Champion Pub, Medieval Madness).

Landmark Lanes has 5 machines (T2, High Speed, Revenge from Mars, Iron Man, Family Guy).

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, will look into those locations and the pin map.

#5 11 years ago

Google "organ piper pizza". Usually two games but the whole experience is unbelievable. Classic Milwaukee style pizza too!

#6 11 years ago

Nice list and updated Matt. We have MM's all over the place here. Showtime cinema has Monopoly and LOTR. Riverfalls has 3 or 4 usually, but they are closed until winter. Couple more MM's around and couple MB's around various movie theatres and truck stops.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

Google "organ piper pizza". Usually two games but the whole experience is unbelievable. Classic Milwaukee style pizza too!

Is that the one in Hales Corners? We used to go there when I was kid - tons of memories of that place.

#8 11 years ago

yup, hwy 100, right next to budget theater.

#9 11 years ago

I'll very likely visit Lucille's (CSI, Dark Knight, POTC, Scared Stiff, Creature, and Family Guy) and
    Landmark Lanes (T2, High Speed, Revenge From Mars, Iron Man, Family Guy) while near Milwaukee. Be sometime late afternoon / early evening if any pinsiders would like to join me. Will update once I arrive in the area.

#10 11 years ago

If it wasn't Valentine's day I'd invite you stop over and play. If you're ever in the Milwaukee area in the future, let me know and I'll gladly offer to let you come over and play.

Dave

#11 11 years ago

A friend of mine played the MM at organ pipers recently, he said he was very disappointed.

#12 11 years ago

The MM at Blackbird is hard but everything works on it.

Lee's Cleveland Pub in New Berlin just got an excellent AC/DC Pro.

Uptowner has Funhouse, LOTR, and AFM, but I haven't played any of them.

If you go to Landmark Lanes, also go over to the BBC (it's right on the corner). They have Monster Bash and Stern Indiana Jones.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

Classic Milwaukee style pizza too!

What exactly does this mean?

I know Chicago style and New York style. Maybe even California style. But I have never heard of Milwaukee style, unless we're talking Old Style or Old Milwaukee.

Perhaps I will have to journey north of the Great Cheddar Curtain.

BTW, Greater Milwaukee does have a nice collection of location pins. However, the only time I play pinball in Wisconsin is at MGC.

-Mark

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

Classic Milwaukee style pizza too!

Cracker-like thin crispy crust. As thin as you can make it.

#15 11 years ago

I just checked the Landmark lanes web page and they show a different pinball lineup than Pinballmap.com does. What one is more accurate?
    I am going to be in Milwaukee this weekend and planned to check out their T2.

http://www.landmarklanes.com/bowling-games

#16 11 years ago

FrankJ got there before me. Like he said, cracker-like crust as thin as it comes, but BIG toppings. Also, round pizza cut into small squares instead of slices. I moved away three years ago, but I gotta say I really miss the pizza (and the sausages - no good bratwurst here in NH!). Everyone has their favorite - ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers. DeMarini's is a famous one. Organ Piper is very good, but it's the combination of some (apparently not well kept) pinball, good pizza and a concert by an early 1900's pipe organ that makes the whole thing unique. Last time I was there they had MM and TAF in house. No matter where you are in Milwaukee, grab pizza, a sausage or a good old butter burger (I am partial to Solly's!) and you can't go wrong - might not live very long, but you'll die well fed!

#17 11 years ago

no good bratwurst here in NH!

Maybe johnsonville can package up some party pacs wrapped in dry ice and ship out to you?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#18 11 years ago

pinside is way more up-to-date than their website. they haven't had that lineup in a long time.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

A friend of mine played the MM at organ pipers recently, he said he was very disappointed.

a lot of people that play MM feel that way.

His Landmark lineup is correct. I was just there a week ago.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

pinside is way more up-to-date than their website. they haven't had that lineup in a long time.

Cool, I will be there Saturday night if all goes well.

#21 11 years ago

True Milwaukee style pizza is just regular pizza, but it bitches about Illinois the whole time you're eating it.

suck it

#22 11 years ago

as it should because IL sucks. Well, sucks if you have to pay taxes there, drive there, deal with any of it's traffic. Pay it's shitty tolls for it's shitty roads. Deal with the crappy laws (like not being able to go around someone turning left). Holy shit the list goes on and on.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

FrankJ got there before me. Like he said, cracker-like crust as thin as it comes, but BIG toppings. Also, round pizza cut into small squares instead of slices. I moved away three years ago, but I gotta say I really miss the pizza (and the sausages - no good bratwurst here in NH!). Everyone has their favorite - ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers. DeMarini's is a famous one.

Mama DeMarini's was awesome. Closed down just recently. The brothers are running another DeMarini's just a few blocks away. Pretty much the same, but Mama's was awesome. Grew up a few blocks from here. I've also had Zaffiro's on the East Side. Also very good. If you're by Mama's and have time to grill out, stop by Groppi's and pick up some italian sausage. The best italian sausage you'll ever have.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from arizonabuck:

Mama DeMarini's was awesome. Closed down just recently. The brothers are running another DeMarini's just a few blocks away. Pretty much the same, but Mama's was awesome. Grew up a few blocks from here. I've also had Zaffiro's on the East Side. Also very good. If you're by Mama's and have time to grill out, stop by Groppi's and pick up some italian sausage. The best italian sausage you'll ever have.

Hey I grew up in Bay View, right on Kinnickinnic and Ellen by the white house tavern.

#25 11 years ago

Are you the pizza Neo?

#26 11 years ago

our pizza sucks. not a fan of Organ pipers. Way to much flour.

#27 11 years ago

Hey I grew up in Bay View, right on Kinnickinnic and Ellen by the white house tavern.

graduated from Bay View in '88, went to Fernwood, yourself?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from arizonabuck:

graduated from Bay View in '88, went to Fernwood, yourself?

I was private school kid, went to St.Lucas right across from Dover school, then went to Wisconsin Lutheran, I did play Redcat football though!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I was private school kid, went to St.Lucas right across from Dover school, then went to Wisconsin Lutheran, I did play Redcat football though!

good deal. surprised you didn't go to Thomas More right there. had some friends that went there.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

True Milwaukee style pizza is just regular pizza, but it bitches about Illinois the whole time you're eating it.
    suck it

You get a thumbs up for that, funny stuff. I didn't know you guys could hear us.... now get in the right lane!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

FrankJ got there before me. Like he said, cracker-like crust as thin as it comes, but BIG toppings. Also, round pizza cut into small squares instead of slices.

Our pizza is made by small, family owned businesses with names like Luigi's, Infusino's, Zaffiro's, Roma's. Real people that care about their product and customers.

We have very few chain pizzaria's. They are reserved for our neighbors from the south.

Frank

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

FrankJ got there before me. Like he said, cracker-like crust as thin as it comes, but BIG toppings. Also, round pizza cut into small squares instead of slices.

I've lived in Milwaukee most of my life... I've been to plenty of other cities... I never really realized there was a Milwaukee Style pizza but maybe you're all right.

Balistreri's is my favorite... and yeah, that conforms to the thin, heavy topping, square cut model. I figured other towns had the same sort of pizzas but I just never came across them. Thinking about it... most local pizza places I like are this style.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from arizonabuck:

surprised you didn't go to Thomas More right there.

TM was catholic, I went to a lutheran grade school so there was that...Ive found a few real good mom&pop places scattered around southwest waukesha county, we just ordered from a place called Mario's in muktown, 1 pizza was cut in squares, the other was the regular triangular way, go figure...

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

My buddy lived right by that park - forgot the name of the street - but let's just say I have fond memories of Rushmore Records and the Avalon.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

When did you graduate Wisco? I graduated in 1988.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Quoted from Methos:

My buddy lived right by that park - forgot the name of the street - but let's just say I have fond memories of Rushmore Records and the Avalon.

I transferred to Oak Creek and was a 95 grad, my brother graduated 91 from Wisco....Sijan field was the large park across the street from kohls food if thats the one your thinking, I believe they renamed it, the lakefront parkway or whatev they call it runs right by it now.

edit-Humboldt park was the larger park right by B.V. High School

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

97 Wisco grad here...

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I transferred to Oak Creek and was a 95 grad, my brother graduated 91 from Wisco....Sijan field was the large park across the street from kohls food if thats the one your thinking, I believe they renamed it, the lakefront parkway or whatev they call it runs right by it now.
    edit-Humboldt park was the larger park right by B.V. High School

It was the one across from Kohl's so probably Sijan field. The times we had in that area back in the mid to late 80's - seems like a lifetime ago. We would go hang out at Rushmore - go visit the music store across the street (my buddy and I both took guitar lessons there), go to the liquor mart and grab some 20/20 - then head on over to the Avalon. Usually in that order!

I graduated from WISCO in 88 - Your brother may know my brother - Bill Seidler - think he graduated in 1994 or 1995.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

97 Wisco grad here...

So Gilbert probably retired by then right? Believe Frahm, Schwecke, Schultz were all still there....

#40 11 years ago

I had Schwecke and Schultz, metals/wood/graphics right?

edit-Guenther Thoms was my fav, he was my homeroom advisor, he used to smack me around a bit and I surely needed it!

#41 11 years ago

My favorite laugh from my 7 years of living in WI....

WI_and_IL.gifWI_and_IL.gif

Later,
    EV

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

Balistreri's is my favorite... and yeah, that conforms to the thin, heavy topping, square cut model.

Aren't they the MKE mob.........maybe I've said to much.

#43 11 years ago

Stopped at Landmark and played a few games. RFM was down when I got there. The T2 was Jammed so I played the High Speed. Like the comment said the flippers need to be adjusted, but I enjoyed it. When I was there the repair guy from Mitchell Amusements came to fix RFM, quick fix and he left me 3 credits. Never played a P2K before it was a blast. I mentioned the T2 and he fixed the jammed coins and left me 3 credits. Before he left he gave me another $2 in quarters and told me to have a great day. Played a very dirty FG and really had fun with it. Even got to play Stewie's mini pinball. Some kid came up and I told him to grab a couple credits on the T2. He pushed the credit button 3 times and stared at the game, he no idea how to play it. I tried to explain it to him, he played one ball and walked over to the video games. I played the rest of the credits on the T2, the flippers seemed kind of weak. Overall it was great, cheap day at the Landmark.

#44 11 years ago

Pins in the Wild!

20130216_151817.jpg20130216_151817.jpg 20130216_151828.jpg20130216_151828.jpg 20130216_151834.jpg20130216_151834.jpg 20130216_151842.jpg20130216_151842.jpg 20130216_151853.jpg20130216_151853.jpg 20130216_151900.jpg20130216_151900.jpg

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I had Schwecke and Schultz, metals/wood/graphics right?
    edit-Guenther Thoms was my fav, he was my homeroom advisor, he used to smack me around a bit and I surely needed it!

Thoms was the math teacher - Black Belt right?

Schwecke used to pull some s$%t! Borderline physical abuse in my book - those were the days.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Thoms was the math teacher - Black Belt right?

Yep, Thoms is a martial artist and would strike you with his fingertips if you were messing around. He came to see me fight at the Milwaukee Rumble Toughman contest a few years ago, he's a great guy.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

was private school kid, went to St.Lucas right across from Dover school, then went to Wisconsin Lutheran, I did play Redcat football though

you must mean little redcats right? I played little redcats football, baseball, and basketball. Was Bird still doing it for you?.......have you been back to the area? My dad still lives there and I go to anodyne everyday when I'm back. We grill out italians from groppi's everytime also. Make a stop at demarrini's, even if it's the brothers, and not mama's......every time I went to mama's, I always thought, yeah I can picture a hit being planned in the back corner, haha. And now that area even has an upscale french restaurant, Pastiche. Pretty good........we always referred to Sijan field as California field, don't know why.

#48 11 years ago

Glad you had a good time.

I've got the high score on that High Speed. Something like 5 million.

Mitchell could do a better job at keeping up their pins, many of them have issues.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from arizonabuck:

you must mean little redcats right?

Yes, 8th grade (little) redcats, Dan Kurban was my coach, he was a BV grad also, Bird was around, he kept all the equipment in his garage. I rolled through a few years ago when I had Bucks season tickets, pretty much the same still, do you remember Chets variety (comic books)?

#50 11 years ago

I play AC/DC at Romines on 27th St.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-pinball-innear-milwaukeewi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.