11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by drfrightner
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

darkness final times and dates 2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0769 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0766 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0755 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0747 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0753 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0754 (resized).jpg
    !cid_F0A72B14-3D32-4BAB-905D-46BA39B34245@hsd1_co_comcast_net (resized).jpg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0324 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0323 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0322 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0321 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0320 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5391 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

I thought I would create a thread of places you can play pinball in and around St Louis. Obviously we all know of the best place CP Pinball but there are many places to play in and around St Louis.

We have a place downtown St Louis Escape in Soulard, open year around with 12 pinball games on 50 cents. However I wanted to talk about The Darkness haunted house which has been around for 26 years of fear.

Several years back we added a horror museum which has now morphed into a Gift Store Party Room. We have a 3 minute escape rooms, and electric chair you can ride, a massive gift store, tons of horror photo ops, but last year we added horror themed pinball games.

You can only play these games weekends in September, October, and parts of November. Plus we open for a night in December, Valentines, and one night in March for a special event. These games sit there the ENTIRE year doing nothing when we're not open...

Check out these snaps of the place. Even though we'd love for you to stop by and SCREAM your way thru the Darkness, you don't need to go thru to play the games. Just stop by when we're open and walk to the back of the building into the gift store. We open Friday the 13th.

Here is a list of games we have: Adams Family, Munsters LE, Monster Bash LE, Freddy, Walking Dead Pro, Tales from the Crypt, Creature, Dracula, Scared Stiff, and a Carn Evil shooting game.

Every one of these games are powder coated, modded up, color screens (except Freddy) totally collector looking games. Come stop by start Friday the 13th.

IMG_4820 (resized).jpgIMG_4821 (resized).jpgIMG_4824 (resized).jpgIMG_4829 (resized).jpgIMG_4832 (resized).jpg
    #2 11 months ago

I always make sure to hit up The Silver Ballroom while I'm in STL

#3 11 months ago

I've been to the Silverball Room awesome place.

Here is the places I know about...

Padavan
    CP Pinball
    Silverball Room
    UP and Down

There is a new place about to open called Punch Bowl Social its part of the new Foundry STL

At our Escape Room St Louis Escape we have 12 Game and our Darkness has 10.

I've seen odd and end games at some bars. Anyone know another place?

#4 11 months ago

I would add Doc's other location The Waiting Room and Two Plumbers

#5 11 months ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

I would add Doc's other location The Waiting Room and Two Plumbers

Monday nights The Waiting Room has all pins set to quarter play. Cold draft and Australian Meat Pies to boot.

http://waitingroombar.com/

#6 11 months ago

BTW I just added a Wonka to my house... if anyone wants to come over and play it on Saturday let me know. I'm throwing a Wonka party.

I moved a few games out of my basement including Lord of the Rings and Beatles both of those got moved to St Louis Escape downtown.

I had to make room for Wonka and Big Lebowski which I just bought.

Let me know if you're interested.

IMG_4866 (resized).jpgIMG_4869 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #7 10 months ago

Some new pictures.

Darkness_2 014 (resized).jpgDarkness_2 018 (resized).jpgDarkness_2 023 (resized).jpgDarkness_2 147 (resized).jpgDarkness_2 150 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #8 9 months ago

Stop by www.TheDarkness.com we have just added Elvira House or Horrors Pinball game to our Monster Party room. The game is on 50 cents!

We also just added a Munsters Topper. Stop by!

IMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5389 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpg
    #9 9 months ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Stop by www.TheDarkness.com we have just added Elvira House or Horrors Pinball game to our Monster Party room. The game is on 50 cents!
    We also just added a Munsters Topper. Stop by![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Larry. Great game lineup! It is about time someone added a Munsters Topper here in town. I was going to take a road trip to Chicago just so I could view one in person

7 months later
    #10 60 days ago

Here is our new line up of games pics don't show Wizard of Oz, Big Buck Hunter and a couple other arcades. I'm getting emails about when we're opening... we're opening our escape rooms now but not the pinball room until June 15st.

St Louis Escape Downtown.

IMG_0320 (resized).jpgIMG_0321 (resized).jpgIMG_0322 (resized).jpgIMG_0323 (resized).jpgIMG_0324 (resized).jpgIMG_0325 (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpg

#11 60 days ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is our new line up of games pics don't show Wizard of Oz, Big Buck Hunter and a couple other arcades. I'm getting emails about when we're opening... we're opening our escape rooms now but not the pinball room until June 1st.
    St Louis Escape Downtown.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Business curiosity and you KNOW I like your setup and business so honestly just a question. Staggered pinball machine play was deemed unsafe by the city but a cluster of people locked in a room touching the same things was deemed ok? Honestly just curious.

#12 60 days ago

As the post states we're not doing the pinball room until a later date. We're just opening our escape rooms for now. The games will all be turned off don't want to clean them, or mess with them. I was sharing our newest lineup of games when we open with the pinball games included.

All thru this we've been buying and selling games, we've drastically changed the lineup.

I can tell you one person who's been playing them though... ME! LOL

We really have no problem with the pinball because our focus is not on pinball its escape rooms.

We get people show up to play pinball games, but its nothing like a full fledged pinball business.

I'm not worried about it right now because they just won't be turned on yet.

If you notice almost every single game is an LE!

#13 60 days ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Hey Larry. Great game lineup! It is about time someone added a Munsters Topper here in town. I was going to take a road trip to Chicago just so I could view one in person

Yo Brian, hope you guys over at Padavans get back open. Just before this whole thing went down I was over there playing your stranger things. Padavan is an awesome play to play pinball. Like the food as well.

Anyway hey you should come by the haunted house I'll give you the tour, but our Horror Museum Party Room isn't done yet. We've been selling and buying games for that as well.

We've added an Aliens Arcade, Walking Dead Premium, plus I have coming Walking Dead Raw Thrills and Terminator Raw Thrills.

I would have already got them but nothing is open right now. Once I have it all set up you should come by!

Hey if you ever want to run a tournament out of our place you're more than welcome! I bought a Black Knight LE and the topper is ordered.

Take care.
    Larry

#14 60 days ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

As the post states we're not doing the pinball room until a later date. We're just opening our escape rooms for now.

I think you missed the question. He knows pinball is out. He was curious about the logic that says pinball is bad, but a small room full of people all touching the same objects and breathing the same air is okay. No knock, just curiosity.

#15 59 days ago

Suppose if you lock folks up in a small room with a bunch of other people with this all going on they'll really wanna work hard to escape fast!?

3 weeks later
    #16 33 days ago

Just wanted to let everyone know we're turning our pinball games back on June 15th. We've also changed the lineup drastically.

We have just added Star Trek LE - Guardians Galaxy LE - Stranger Things LE - Wonka LE - Black Knight LE - Attack from Mars LE

Metallica Premium - Deadpool Pro - Star Wars Comic Book and Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road

We also have a Big Buck Hunter - Galaga Assault.

Lastly we're installing this new interactive mini golf called 'Silly Putter' its going to be the wildest thing you've ever seen. Its very retro.

Anyway we've also bought - NBA JAM - Burger Time - MRS PAC Man/ Galaga - Space Invaders - Frogger - Donkey Kong - Centipede

Those go in when the Golf Opens in September. Hope to see you out!

www.StLouisEscape.com

!cid_F0A72B14-3D32-4BAB-905D-46BA39B34245@hsd1_co_comcast_net (resized).jpg
    #17 33 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I think you missed the question. He knows pinball is out. He was curious about the logic that says pinball is bad, but a small room full of people all touching the same objects and breathing the same air is okay. No knock, just curiosity.

Pinball is never bad brother! If people want to come up and wear rubber gloves, wear a mask I'm all for whatever makes anyone feel safe! Either way we have a staff up there and we're cleaning the place daily!

People should do whatever they think is safe for them! We're encouraging that.

2 weeks later
    #18 20 days ago

BTW we've turned on ALL OF OUR PINBALL GAMES... prices start at 50 cents.

Here are the games we have right now...

Guardians of the Galaxy LE
    Star Trek LE
    Wizard of Oz
    Deadpool Pro
    Metalica Premium
    Stranger Things LE
    Willy Wonka LE
    Attack from Mars LE
    Black Knight LE
    Star Wars Comic

We also have Big Buck Hunter and Galaga Assault

On order we have several retro games coming in including NBA Jam, and 8 other retro titles

www.StLouisEscape.com

#19 16 days ago

Come play at The Darkness starting September 25th. This is our lineup of games!

The Darkness pinball is only open when the haunt is open. See attached.

Also our pincade is open at St Louis Escape. Someone from here come there yesterday and played for four hours. We're open with 10 pinball games!

www.stlouisescape.com

IMG_0747 (resized).jpgIMG_0753 (resized).jpgIMG_0754 (resized).jpgIMG_0755 (resized).jpgIMG_0766 (resized).jpgIMG_0769 (resized).jpgdarkness final times and dates 2020 (resized).jpg

#20 12 days ago

We don't open until late September but check out this Horror Themed Arcade/Pinball Room at The Darkness

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside