(Topic ID: 146497)

Places to play pinball in O'ahu / Honolulu?

By jlm33

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4855.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Got a terrible job that forces me to travel to Hawaii and spend a week in Waikiki for a conference
    That's cool but I am not looking forward to the 24h+ travel in Economy class... terrible job, I swear...

Sadly my wife cannot come. Good thing is: this means more time for pinball!

Any suggestions for pinball places to visit? The public locations do not seem to have been updated for a least 2 years on the pin map.

(PS : no I am not a tech... won't be helpful to repair a pin... will probably make things worse!)

#2 4 years ago

Uh.... you're in Hawaii.... go surfing, bike down a mountain, walk on a lava field, hike a rain forest, tour a pineapple plantation, go to a luau (A real Brady Bunch luau ...not one of those picnic table versions). I'm not EVEN going to talk about the beaches.

This is one time you should get a pinball pass!

faz

#3 4 years ago

best steak I've ever had:
    http://dksteakhouse.com

#4 4 years ago

hop on a plane over to Kauai, 20 min flight, me and my friend have 7 games in a brewery. I go to Oahu a lot, I have never seen a pin in the wild. If you find any let me know.

#5 4 years ago

North Shore pipeline is the best game in town.

#6 4 years ago

Just got back from there. Nothing. There is a barcade on one of the other islands but I forget which.

#8 4 years ago

Saw a dirty WWFRR at a movie theater outside of Kona on Big Island a few years ago...flippers too weak to make most shots.

The brewery mentioned above sounds cool. Other than that, don't spend your time thinking about pinball. You aren't visiting florida, there are a lot of unique sights on Hawaii.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

hop on a plane over to Kauai

Fly, swim, walk on water, do whatever you have to do to go visit this guy who's offering to let you play his games. Clearly, he's got games and he's in the area. Do it!

He's offered to let people stay in his rental property as well. Some day I will take him up on this as it's a generious offer from a fellow pinsider.

Dave

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

hop on a plane over to Kauai, 20 min flight, me and my friend have 7 games in a brewery. I go to Oahu a lot, I have never seen a pin in the wild. If you find any let me know.

Tempting ! Thanks a lot. Would you be around next Saturday (Dec 19) - alternatively Sunday?

Just arrived. 28 hours door-to-door.

Quoted from pinball_faz:

Uh.... you're in Hawaii.... go surfing, bike down a mountain, walk on a lava field, hike a rain forest, tour a pineapple plantation, go to a luau (A real Brady Bunch luau ...not one of those picnic table versions).

Won't be able to do all that I feel blessed enough to come here for work. Got to attend the conference sessions - kind of a moral contract...
    ...but WE is free!

IMG_4855.jpg

#12 4 years ago

$4500 - EACH!

IIRC - pineapple, watermelon more Hawaiians are the only things produced locally. Everything is imported.... even sugar (it's processed on the mainland).

faz

#13 4 years ago

I was there 4-5 years ago. We found an arcade near Waikiki - I'm pretty sure it was Winner's Zone:

https://www.google.com/search?q=arcades+honolulu&oq=arcades+honolulu&aqs=chrome..69i57.4445j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=arcades+honolulu&rflfq=1&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd:;si:3935447290164609520

They had mostly redemption games, but a few scattered modern arcades, and one pinball machine at the time - Avatar. It played great, and we made a stop out to play it every day while walking around. It's actually part of the reason I bought the title, it reminded my wife of our trip, so it was an easier sell than most!

#14 4 years ago

If you had gone a dozen years ago, there would have been this cool little bar in the International Marketplace that had a Big Guns, a Pinbot, and a Bally Wizard.

IM got bulldozed last year to make room for a mall.

4 months later
    #15 3 years ago

I have sopranos, highroller, and batman at jerrys call Wally 808-479-3323

image_(resized).jpg

#16 3 years ago

How about in Kona?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    $ 339.00
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 999.00
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 199.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside