(Topic ID: 14809)

Places to play pinball in Florida?

By pinballkim

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG00877-20110422-1705.jpg
    Fl-map.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 12 years ago

Me and the wife will be taking a vacation to Florida next month and just wondering if anyone could help me out with some places to play pinball. We will be flying into Sanford and driving down to the Keys. Most likely we will driving down the east coast but any and all suggestions will be appreciated. The way we travel by the seat of our pants our route could take us anywhere south Orlando. With the complete lack of pinball around here even if you just know of a local bar with one machine that is better than my usual options. Thanks in advance to my fellow pinsiders.

#3 12 years ago

a quick search in Florida found 124 games on Pinball Rebel

#4 12 years ago

If you're in Jacksonville FL (904 Area Code) we have quite a few on location.
    If you're on facebook you can join the 904 Pinball Zine group.
    www.PinballMap.com has a Jacksonville section that I update.
    There is a pinball map app for android and iphone as well.

#5 12 years ago

Me and the wife will be taking a vacation to Florida next month and just wondering if anyone could help me out with some places to play pinball. We will be flying into Sanford and driving down to the Keys. Most likely we will driving down the east coast but any and all suggestions will be appreciated. The way we travel by the seat of our pants our route could take us anywhere south Orlando. With the complete lack of pinball around here even if you just know of a local bar with one machine that is better than my usual options. Thanks in advance to my fellow pinsiders.

This is the lineup they had (plus a Monopoly) at FunDepot (right off I-95) about a year and a half ago (so dont know if its current).. all were in working condition.

IMG00877-20110422-1705.jpgIMG00877-20110422-1705.jpg

#6 12 years ago

Thanks guys, this will give us some good options. I sure hope the creech is till in Key West, the wife loves that game.

#7 12 years ago

Wow...a CV is there (second from the left in the photo)? I would be there at least once a week if I were down in beautiful FL!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

This is the lineup they had (plus a Monopoly) at FunDepot (right off I-95) about a year and a half ago (so dont know if its current).. all were in working condition.

Attachments IMG00877-20110422-1705.jpg (127.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

I was there about 4 mo ago and the line up is great but the condition was poor. Serious lack of maintence. Last week I found a place in south Miami called arcade odyssey. T2,t3, SP and RBION. All in great condition. I listed it on the pinfinder app for iPhone.If you have a smart phone get the app. It's great but call the locations before going. It seems about 30% of the listings are out dated.

#9 12 years ago

Go Panthers Go!

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

JoeJet said:Me and the wife will be taking a vacation to Florida next month and just wondering if anyone could help me out with some places to play pinball. We will be flying into Sanford and driving down to the Keys. Most likely we will driving down the east coast but any and all suggestions will be appreciated. The way we travel by the seat of our pants our route could take us anywhere south Orlando. With the complete lack of pinball around here even if you just know of a local bar with one machine that is better than my usual options. Thanks in advance to my fellow pinsiders.
    Attachments IMG00877-20110422-1705.jpg (127.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

I was there about 4 mo ago and the line up is great but the condition was poor. Serious lack of maintence. Last week I found a place in south Miami called arcade odyssey. T2,t3, SP and RBION. All in great condition. I listed it on the pinfinder app for iPhone.If you have a smart phone get the app. It's great but call the locations before going. It seems about 30% of the listings are out dated.

I heard the same things about those pins @ fun depot...

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I heard the same things about those pins @ fun depot...

I must say the AFM had the largest kickout wear hole i ever saw and some nice hacked targets also. The TOM was fun to play but the SS and CV were off when i got there - i was told they were working the prior week so i assumed they would be working by now..

I spent most of my time on the TOM and Monopoly as i had never played them before.

#12 12 years ago

Are you serious? I'm going to Daytona Beach this summer. Why are all the good locations just out of my reach? Anyone know anything good in the Daytona area? All I found on the map were bars with sub-par Sterns.

2 months later
    #13 11 years ago

Only Cow Lick's Ice Cream has quality machines that work in Daytona...

2 months later
    #14 11 years ago

Young, Loud & Snotty (record/skateboard store) in Atlantic beach FL has...
    The Shadow
    The Sopranos
    Tales From the Crypt

www.youndloudandsnotty.net

3 weeks later
    #15 11 years ago

Greetings,

I just moved to Tampa for a few months with my job.
    Looking forward to SPF and meeting some locals.

I actually entered a lot of the pinballrebel descriptions
    more than a year ago when I was in the area,
    had found a lot of dead locations...
    I'm sure Treasure Island's pins are still horrendous,
    as bad as the Fun Depot place you guys mention.
    But Tampa Lanes was good and World Brewery's a great place to hang out.

I may drive up to Jacksonville one weekend since it seems
    to have some good locations, although the pinballmap map loads
    up blank for me right now in 3 different browsers.

Just sent a request to join the 904 zine.

If you have any good tips, or may open your doors
    and collection to a fellow addict, please PM me!

cheers

-Bruce

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

Thanks guys, this will give us some good options. I sure hope the creech is till in Key West, the wife loves that game.

How was that creech? About a year ago broken flipper rubbers made it unplayable.
    There was a POTC in a pizza joint too that was incredibly filthy.
    Must be fun right now in Key West with the Fantasy Fest!

1 year later
    #17 10 years ago

Ok, I've had some visitors in the area this holiday season,
    here are the pinball maps in florida right now...

www.pinballmap.com/jacksonville
    The good games are out by me

www.pinballmap.com/orlando
    The good games are out by jon

5 months later
    #18 9 years ago

Some movie theaters in Florida have pinball machines.One of them has a Sopranos (formally Judge Dredd).

#19 9 years ago

If you are passing through Orlando, My house is always open to meet other Pinsiders and grab a pinball fix!

#20 9 years ago

such an old post.. think they been here and gone!!!!// maybe even a re-visit since then . And fun depot's games are terrible

#21 9 years ago

I am going to Davenport Florida this fall, hoping to get my pinball fix while I am there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-pinball-in-florida and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.