(Topic ID: 58084)

Places to Play Near Traverse City MI

By smileymatthew

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Heading back to the old stomping grounds... I know of a couple, anyone else know any funky places with pins to check out?

Thanks!

- Matt

#2 10 years ago

which places do you know of? I recharge in Charlevoix and I know of nothing between Charlevoix and Petoskey. Mackinac City used to have a couple in that outdoor mall area in downtown but I am not sure if those games are still there.

#3 10 years ago

Bump.

Will be heading there for vacation in a couple weeks. Smileymatthew what are the places you already know about? Looks like the pin map hasn't been updated for a while. Thanks!

#4 10 years ago

There is nothing that I'm aware of. I live in Gaylord & work in Petoskey, there is nothing in either of those towns. T.C. Maybe, but I can't think of any.

#5 10 years ago

Only public pins I know of in the Straits area are at the KOA just west of St. Ignace on US 2. The Mackinaw City arcade closed a few years ago. Too short a season to keep leasing the building year round.

#6 10 years ago

I just found (and posted on the pin map) a TFTC in Empire. Bit of a drive, but it was in decent shape, for being in the wild. There was an Op's sticker on it from TC. Might be worth a call to them to see where they have pins on location?

#7 10 years ago

DJ,
    Could you PM me the #/website? Thanks

#8 10 years ago

Mitchell St Pub in Petoskey had something, I think it's now Waterworld. In TC, the Pizza Joint Downtown has a Cylclone that played decent. The Kayak Place in leeland had an old beatup Xenon and some other Sega game I don't remember last year. Timber Lanes in TC used to have a few, but last trip I didn't see any. There used to be so many places up north that had them... :/

I'll report back on what I find. I may swing by the TC vending place (I think it's on Woodmere) just to see!

#9 10 years ago

The Union Street Station had a Rocky and Bullwinkle when I was in there a little more than a year ago....

#10 10 years ago

There are two places in Traverse that usually has 1 or 2 pins. Please keep in mind I haven't been to either place in over a year:

Sail Inn Bar on Barlow street (one pin usually near back entrance, other pin is usually in main dining area) Try this place first, I have been pleasantly surprised a few times. Games get rotated, in the past I have seen Nascar, Sopranos, DE Star Wars, TZ, and MM.

BC Pizza on LaFranier Road (game area is in the very back)

There was a Godzilla at the Village Inn in Suttons Bay about 30 minutes northwest a few months ago.

Timber Lanes in now called "Lucky Jacks" its been re-themed. More kids stuff like redemption and indoor bumper cars. No pinballs.

#11 10 years ago

Sad... The old ice cream store in Leland is where I fell in love with pinball. They had a Whirlwind that we'd all play. When I was old enough to drive to Traverse City, we'd spend WAAAAAAAAY too many hours @ Timber Lanes playing pool and LW3 pinball.

Wow, I miss those times now!

#12 10 years ago

My old favorite (it's sort of close to Traverse City) used to be Lost Pines Lodge over by Cadillac. They had a couple old pinball machines years ago but more importantly, they had a bowling machine. Last I heard, somebody winged a ball through a window and that was the end of that.

The other game that always was a favorite in those establishments were the shuffle board tables. But somebody always seemed to steal the pucks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-near-traverse-city-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.