(Topic ID: 48147)

Places to play in Paris?

By S37VEN

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Anyone know of any pins on location in Paris? I'm heading there for a long weekend. I don't know what will be more fun -- actually playing in Paris or seeing my wife's reaction when I tell her that we should "hit this little bar I heard great things about it" and by coincidence there happens to be a machine or two there.

#2 11 years ago

Dude, I would NOT be looking for pinball machines while in Paris with my wife for a few days. I could only imagine the look on my wife's face if I brought her somewhere where the was one, while there.

#3 11 years ago

Agreed! You're going to Paris (France right? Not Texas or Las Vegas) for a long weekend and your going to take your wife on a pinball hunt? Hmmmm. That city has so much more to offer than pinball! It's the city of "Love and romance"...take her out to a nice dinner and see the sights--you might then get a different kind of jackpot. Were going to Paris in July and I won't be looking for a pinball machine. Now if you happen to run across one, while waiting for a train or something, that's a different story. Have a great trip. Spend time with the wife! Not on a pinball machine. Just my advice...

Mike

#4 11 years ago

don't have a list of locations but you should be able to find pins on location in cafes in Paris.. so keep an eye open whilst walking trough the city;
    also visit the paris pinball museum, especially if you are into woodrails:
    http://www.pinball-gallery.com/

#5 11 years ago

We went to the Moulin Rouge in October 2011 and the shuttle bus dropped us in front of a bar across the street. In the window was a Monster Bash. I had that look in my eye like I wanted to go in and play it, but we didn't have time and my girlfriend dragged me across the road before I changed my mind. Haha

Cheers!
    Adam.

#6 11 years ago

Monster Bash in a bar at the corner of Rue St Laurent and Bd de Strasbourg. Near the exit of the Chunnel station. Passed by it while backpacking Europe last month. Found one in tons of bars in Budapest as well and a few in most major cities in bars in Europe.

4 weeks later
    #7 10 years ago

You guys have more Monster Bashes per square kilometer than anywhere in the world!

I'm coming to Paris on May 29. I'm planning to ignore pinball for the 2 days of personal time I'll have there.

1 year later
    #14 9 years ago

I know it's an old thread, but this info may come useful for you guys visiting Paris (or France)
    The website http://geoflipper.fr/ has a map of most pinball machines in france.
    It's very useful !

there's even a android app (search for geoflipper)

And indeed, Paris is full of "Monster Bash" and "Attack from mars"

1 year later
    #15 8 years ago

Hello!

jambonbill: Thanks for the geoflipper reference! Sounds like a good place to double-check our entries!

I've been verifying all Pinside locations through Google now for the last two months. Last week I went through the state of Ile-de-France and there were a LOT of pretty major changes to be made to Parisian entries! But as far as I can tell (or is known, really), the places listed are up-to-date and current. Some locations may no longer have machines (they were entered in 2011 and 2012 and never revisited), but the addresses and arrondissements are correct.
    And the Paris Pinball Museum wasn't on our list either. I've fixed that! Robin needs to enter about forty games into the database so the location listing can list all their 170 games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-in-paris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.