(Topic ID: 126142)

places to play in gatlinburg

By amkoepfer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150524_133717.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I'll be going to Gatlinburg/pidgeon forge may 29- June 10. Is there anywhere to play pinball? I know there's a lot of arcades, but I don't remember any of them having pins. Anyone have any for sale in the area? Thanks in advance!

#3 8 years ago

I was there a couple years ago and ran across a few. The Edgewater hotel had a CFTBL, the Ripley's museum had a RBION (of course), and the space needle had a WOZ.

#4 8 years ago

Awesome! Thanks, at least I'll have something to do while I'm there besides the touristy stuff!

#5 8 years ago

Howards Steaks next to Calhoun's and near the Space Needle in Gatlinburg had some pins on the second floor.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.708742,-83.52089,3a,75y,76.07h,90.85t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIzVLbzHhJN50mR5OoETwSQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

#6 8 years ago

Sweet. Thanks!

2 weeks later
    #7 8 years ago

TWD pro at the space needle now and a few more around pigeon forge and gatlinburg also there are some of us pinheads over here in Knoxville with some good ones I've got STLE and METLE

#8 8 years ago

Its been awhile. The ski lodge had several pins but in terrible shape. The RBION at ripley's was unplayable, but there was a mini golf that had one in nice shape. Space needle had pins in great shape.

#10 8 years ago

How far away is Knoxville from pigeon forge? Might be nice to check out the city since I've heard great things!

#11 8 years ago

Thanks for all the tips. I'll be looking all over and I'll post my findings after for other people going there!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

How far away is Knoxville from pigeon forge? Might be nice to check out the city since I've heard great things!

It's about 45 minutes, my dad lives just south of Knoxville. I love it there, beautiful part of the country.

#13 8 years ago

Shoot me a PM when you get in the area if you make it over to Knoxville and I'm not at work I may be down to play a few games

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #14 8 years ago

I will be on vacation around the same time your heading out. Going to be driving in from a week at Outer Banks and hoping to play the BBB while at OB.
    Howard Steak House had 5 pins when I was their last year in decent shape--Tron, Rolling Stone, Elvis, POTC. The space needle arcade had a WOZ two years ago and an Iron Man last year. The food is good at both spots and space needle arcade is very kid friendly if your bringing little ones.

#15 8 years ago

I was there in March....there is a Tron at the space needle....and I think a creature at some hotel...but pretty dang dry

#16 8 years ago

or maybe I missed them all....

#17 8 years ago

Drew, I definitely will pm you if I can make it to Knoxville, great games it looks like! I'm not very good at the newer games due to rarely getting to play them (that's my excuse!) But I love playing and meeting fellow pinheads! Midieval, I'm sure I'll check out both of those places, I'll have my 3 year old pinhead with me, but most places down there are pretty kid friendly. Thanks again guys for the tips

#18 8 years ago

There is a premium walking dead in the space needle arcade.

I was pretty impressed by that arcade. Lots of new stuff that was in good shape.

They had some newer Mario kart game that is really good.

#19 8 years ago

20150524_133717.jpg20150524_133717.jpg

#20 8 years ago

Nice! I've only gotten a few games on walking dead so that'll be fun to play

#21 8 years ago

Saw on the space needle website it has a woz as well, unless they replaced it with wdle

#22 8 years ago

No Wizard of Oz, just twd

#23 8 years ago

Well that's fine. I'd like to play some woz, but maybe one of the other places have it. Thanks for the tip!

1 week later
    #24 8 years ago

Need to do a better search of the space needle arcade, but I didn't see any pinballs at all just on a quick walkthrough

#25 8 years ago

Hey me and the lady are near Knoxville also anyone wanna play some pinball lol ? Message me if your available thax

#26 8 years ago

I'd love to play if I could find any places. Sevierville is easy to get to from Knoxville and Gatlinburg both. I'll look around that area and see if I find any

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

the Ripley's museum had a RBION (of course)

Where did you see this machine? All I found was an exhibition room with two tablets showing Pinball Arcade.

#28 8 years ago

Howards steaks got rid of theirs, space needle is closed while they switch over to the card system. (Anyone else hate it that they put the tickets you win right on the card? My kid loves getting tickets and that's the only fun of half of these redemption games. Most are just swipe card, hit button, its over. I hate it!)

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Where did you see this machine? All I found was an exhibition room with two tablets showing Pinball Arcade.

I couldn't tell you exactly where in the twisted halls of that place that it was, but it was there a few years back.

#30 8 years ago

I must saw if your ever near Nashville stop in the game galaxy they have tons of stuff and most play well. The owner is great also me and the lady had a blast wish we cld of stayed longer bc there are around 85 pins and 100 arcades.

2 weeks later
    #31 8 years ago

What I found out about Gatlinburg: the space needle arcade has a walking dead, and big daddy's pizza in pigeon forge has a NASCAR. That's all I found!

#32 8 years ago

Drew blood, sorry I never made it out there to play! We got busy every day while I was there!

3 months later
    #33 8 years ago

I'm on vacation right now in Gatlinburg--here's what I've seen so far
    Space Needle--Walking Dead.. Nice shape--sometimes won't start game
    Ripleys Arcade in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville--where Tanger outlet mall is--RBION--Dirty, weak flippers
    Ober Gatlinburg--At top of tram in the arcade--Spiderman--Nice Shape, plays well

Someone mentioned Howard's Steak house, but there are not there anymore.. That's all I've seen so far!!

#34 8 years ago

Check out big daddy's in pigeon forge, great food and has a nascar

#35 8 years ago

Will do if we head back that way--TX!!

1 year later
    #36 7 years ago

Thanks to this thread I found TWD. Plays pretty good. Wish the volume was turned up.

4 years later
    #37 3 years ago

I just visited the Gatlinburg Pinball Museum and Arcade. It was incredible. Best collection of pinballs I've ever seen mostly LE with toppers. Unreal. Also features tens of thousands of cool arcades and more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-in-gatlinburg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.