Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by king-pin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fits-sits.jpg
    470498-i.jpg
    100_0015.jpg
    100_0014.jpg
    100_0012.jpg
    100_0011.jpg
    100_0010.jpg
    Pinballlivingroom.jpg

#1 8 years ago

All,

Fun posting, some old memories.
    Many people I have met over the years when they originally got into the hobby, went "ape$#%@" not long after they purchased their first machine, and started buying up everything they could get their hands on, working or not.
    I found this photo in my archives, which I took with an old digital camera (smart phones DID NOT EXIST).
    When I visited, I *winced* with humility not trying to offend.
    (In my mind, I was saying you having to be $#%@ing kidding me)

DISCLAIMER: This is/was NOT my home.
    (but there was a time when it started to resemble this in the dining room and bedrooms)

Quiz question of the day, does anybody know where this photo was taken and who's apartment?
    He actually had both bedrooms full of machines as well and slept on the floor UNDERNEATH them for a short while, but that quickly changed.
    HINT: It was in the Pacific Northwest in the early 2000s, and the individual no longer owns machines.
    His girlfriends did not appreciate this home very much...

Share your memories and own stories...

Pinballlivingroom.jpgPinballlivingroom.jpg

#2 8 years ago

It looks like perfect living space to me!

#3 8 years ago

Sitting that close to the TV can't be good for your eyes

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

When I visited, I *winced* with humility not trying to offend.

I winced too. Who needs a TV and a couch cluttering up the house? He could have fit 3 more machines in the space!

#5 8 years ago

Back then those games came easy and cheap from OP's looking to unload equip sitting around

#6 8 years ago

I am like this . Ditched my China cabinet , living room table for pinball. My guest bed room . Bed gone and all furniture . I even had to put my AFM in the opening of the bedroom closet so I could fit 5 pinballs on the east wall. And 4 on the west wall. I have to use a jack to lift up the front of the pinball machine to get the glass off . But hey. I got pinball machines . Lol

100_0010.jpg100_0010.jpg
    100_0011.jpg100_0011.jpg
    100_0012.jpg100_0012.jpg
    100_0014.jpg100_0014.jpg
    100_0015.jpg100_0015.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Stage 2 problems

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

does anybody know where this photo was taken and who's apartment

I've seen that picture before, but don't remember where. Good stuff right there!

#9 8 years ago

You can tell its an old picture. BSD still has red.

#10 8 years ago

Desk? f#*& it! RIP comfortable PC gaming, now I am in the stuck on the floor in the corner. WORTH IT XD

470498-i.jpg470498-i.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Thinking about buying some old crappy laptop and turning it into a MAME cabinet for Christmas to my self

#12 8 years ago

That's all just good use of available space.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have to use a jack to lift up the front of the pinball machine to get the glass off.

Oh, how I remember those days with the 3 ton car jack...

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Beemus:

Stage 2 problems

Somebody remembers...

#15 8 years ago

Rob K....yer AFM....I wanna whisper sweet things in her backbox....gorgeous !!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Rob K....yer AFM....I wanna whisper sweet things in her backbox....gorgeous

Thanks Chief !! I bought it new back in the day.

#17 8 years ago

I have seen many photos of pins. The photos that make me think, are the ones with games blocking door ways. Especially when the door looks like an exit. Just seems odd. (Even if the photo was taken in the front door way, doesn't mean the game is in its permanent location, I get that.).

#18 8 years ago

Starting to look like my place lol

#19 8 years ago

If it fits, it sits.

fits-sits.jpgfits-sits.jpg

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Starting to look like my place lol

I thought it was my place!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-not-to-put-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.