New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 62003)

Place to play pins in Amsterdam

By lyonsden

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rubberducks
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).png
tontondef (resized).png
kaartje (resized).png
photo.JPG
th-2-418.jpeg
th-3-797.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone know a good place to play pinball in Amsterdam? I'll be there next week for a conference and will need a pin fix (or two). According to Pinside's map, The Spirit looks promising.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Was In Amsterdam in Red Light district, The women got furious if you took photos. heard they closed that area down

Um, I'm interested in a different kind of pinball.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

definently go to the spirit.. it has the largest public pinball collection in the city
and i personally maintain those machines once in 2 weeks, maybe WoZ arrived at the time u visit the place..
the hottest game up there is offcourse
Metallica Pro version 1.22 currently installed
and AC/DC Premium 1.65 version installed
Shrek is however the highest earning game. locals love it a lot
have fun in amsterdam OP

Thanks DucthTommy. Can't wait to check the place out and it is great to hear that a pinsider maintains those games. Oh yes, and Amsterdam too!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Where abouts is the spirit?

You can find it on the pinside map. But the address is:
THE SPIRIT
Westerstraat 121, 1015 LZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

For anyone visiting Amsterdam, definitely check out the Spirit. Good line up, mellow coffeeshop, sometimes a bit smokey. Really enjoyed my time there!

image.jpg

#14 7 years ago

Not shown in picture were an ACDC premium and Metalica pro. Both on great shape!

#16 7 years ago

Already back home. Met some nice people there who were into pinball.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

you going(went) to Amsterdam and thinking about Pinball ??
something wrong here !

Yeah, well, I was there for five days and needed a pinball fix or two. Besides, hunting places to play pinball is a nice way to see the city and since I was there for work, I brought friends a colleagues there. Some hadn't played a real pinball machine before and it was fun seeing them enjoy it.

5 months later
#23 6 years ago

I'm back in Amsterdam for the weekend. Hope to stop by the Spirit again and check out the new pins. Would like to get some time on WoZ. Will post new pictures if I make it there.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

ill be there 2morrow too at the spirit.. im goin to update the Wizard of Oz towards 2.0, so if ur goin. we are going to meet
and about the update it definently needs it..
the other WoZ in the most south city of this country has had the update today cheers Roy

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll see you there.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I dunno dude
If I were in Amsterdamn I'd prolly get high as shit & buy two girls preferably named Cinnamon & Ginger then score a few G's of sour diesel & maybe dice up some meow, polish off some Genever & get my bike stolen.
But yeah um pinball... Errrrr yeah.
Zzzzzzzzz

Says the guy with 4M in pinside karma points.

Only so much time I can spend at the museums, taking in the sights, and "dicing up some meow". Besides, the Spirit is nice place to take a break.

#35 6 years ago

Visited The Spirit today. Two new games in (ST, WOZ) and two games out (RS, TOM). First time I played a WOZ. Definitely went far beyond my expectations -- it is really like no other pin. I thought the theme would kill it for me, but one look at the color show and a few plays to figure out the rules, I'm hooked. While I don't think I'll pick one up, I'm really looking forward to what JJP does with the Hobbit and whatever PLD is creating. Also, met DutchTommy. Super nice guy. He was there working on a few of the games there (LEDing them up nicely) and updated WOZ to the latest code. Also took the time to let me gawk at WOZ's innards. Looks like any pinball machine except with a computer server chassis on the bottom and interesting wiring for the LED boards. Of course, played a bunch of pinball and took a much needed break from checking out museums and other sights around Amsterdam.

photo.JPG
1 year later
#41 5 years ago

I'm heading back to Amsterdam tomorrow and will be stopping by The Spirit. Another other places to check out (with pinball) while there?

1 year later
#44 4 years ago

I was last there a year ago. Each time I go there is different set of games that are all well maintained. Definitely worth checking out.

4 months later
#47 3 years ago

Thanks for the info! Hope to make it back soon.

11 months later
#57 2 years ago

I had no problem being an English-only speaker in Amsterdam.

https://goo.gl/maps/QJVridGnGC52

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 65.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside