Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).png
tontondef (resized).png
kaartje (resized).png
photo.JPG
th-2-418.jpeg
th-3-797.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

The best place to play pinball in Amsterdam is most definitely TonTon club. They have 2 locations, both with 4 or 5 pins in good condition and lots of other arcade machines. TonTon club is a relatively new concept, which would explain why they have not been mentioned in this thread yet. Their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/detontonclub/

One is in the red light district. Adress: Sint Annendwarsstraat 6.
The other one is in Amsterdam West (Westerpark). Adress: Polonceaukade 27.

I recommend the one in Westerpark. Located in a very nice old industrial building. A bit further away from the city center, which is a plus if you want to stay away from the big crowds. Local pinheads like myself frequent the place. Their current line up is Game of Thrones Pro, Ghostbusters Pro, The Getaway and Ripley's. They serve awesome burgers, craft beers and milkshakes. So: not just pinball, but a nice evening or night out. During the day it's less crowded. In the evening, it's a little more crowded with mostly the young and hip. And maybe some old pinheads.
games and beersgames and beers

To get to TonTon club West, take bus 21 outside Central Station (the bus stop is near Victoria Hotel). Get out at Van Hallstraat. The bus drive takes about 10 minutes. After that, it's an easy 4 minute walk.

Drop me a message on Pinside if you're going there. I live very nearby (biking distance) and I might be up for some beers, chats and pinball.
walk from bus stop Van Hallstraat to TonTon Westwalk from bus stop Van Hallstraat to TonTon West

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks for the info! Hope to make it back soon.

Most welcome! Let me know when you do.

I just heard from the operator that The Getaway and Ripley's in TonTon West will probably be replaced by Indiana Jones (WMS) and Star Trek Pro.

11 months later
#61 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Driving on their highways is amazing compared to ours, literally no debris, people that understand the left lane is for passing, and almost no semi's.

Thanks for the compliment. You must have been driving a country side highway on a sunday night. Our highways near the cities tend to get really crowded on weekdays. I haven't driven a highway in the US though, so I can't really compare.

Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The big thing i learned over there..... They don't like when you get in to a game too much and get a little loud.
I always have to tone it down.

Nice insight. I guess the only loud, in-your-face things that were made in the US that we really do appreciate here... are pinball machines.

6 months later
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Heading to Amsterdam on Tuesday. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Not a whole lot of time to myself as I am working a tradeshow. Already contacted Robin about a possible

Heading to Amsterdam on Tuesday. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Not a whole lot of time to myself as I am working a tradeshow. Already contacted Robin about a possible trip to Pinside HQ and I have TonTon (both of them) in my sights. Any other spots I should be on the look out for? I will be mostly at the Ramada and RAI.
Thank you!

There's a place called Pacific Parc just a short walk away from TonTon club Westerpark. It's a bar/restaurant during the day and turns into a dancing venue at weekend nights. Nice place. They have a Fish Tales and a Stern Kiss there.

Send me a pm if you're up for a game. I live close to Westerpark.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

The Dutch Pinball Museum is in Rotterdam.
That is not far away from Amsterdam
Open op wednesday/saturday and sunday
www.dutchpinballmuseum.com

So true. If you have the time for a day trip, definitely do Rotterdam. The city in itself is very interesting, totally different from Amsterdam.

The Dutch Pinball Museum, beautifully located on Katendrecht, has the most elaborate collection of pinball machines in the Netherlands. Containing rarities, oddball games and historically significant machines, but also a nice selection of regular games from all eras. And the latest Stern and Jersey Jack pins. All playable, all under one roof.

For instance, where else can you play a fully restored Humpty Dumpty?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/place-to-play-pins-in-amsterdam?tu=jappie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.