Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).png
tontondef (resized).png
kaartje (resized).png
photo.JPG
th-2-418.jpeg
th-3-797.jpeg
image.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

The redid ton ton in between my visits and I'd say it's much better now. Nice layout, less stuffy, and the games were all in good shape.

#52 6 years ago

I’m in Amsterdam at the moment as well- is there anywhere to play big lebowski?

1 week later
#53 6 years ago

Just got back. Ton Ton in the redlight was not great. Staff was really nice, but out of the 7 games they had, 2 were turned off, and 2 were broken in playable ways, 1 was broken in a not playable way. Only spent 5 euro, so no big loss. Was just a little disappointing. Had a great time otherwise, and their beer list was pretty nice!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Just got back. Ton Ton in the redlight was not great. Staff was really nice, but out of the 7 games they had, 2 were turned off, and 2 were broken in playable ways, 1 was broken in a not playable way. Only spent 5 euro, so no big loss. Was just a little disappointing. Had a great time otherwise, and their beer list was pretty nice!

You didn't go to the Spirit coffeeshop?

#55 6 years ago

Honestly I was running all over the place while I was there. I think one day I walked 27km! If I had had another half a day I would have given it a shot. Next time for sure.

3 months later
#56 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You didn't go to the Spirit coffeeshop?

Is this place still open? I’m heading over there in a few months. Do you have an address on the place. Do they speak English in Amsterdam? I can’t wait to go see the place before boarding a cruise ship. What’s the weather like in July?

#57 6 years ago

I had no problem being an English-only speaker in Amsterdam.

https://goo.gl/maps/QJVridGnGC52

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).png

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Is this place still open? I’m heading over there in a few months. Do you have an address on the place. Do they speak English in Amsterdam? I can’t wait to go see the place before boarding a cruise ship. What’s the weather like in July?

The Netherlands as a whole is extremely English friendly. Basically all well educated people speak it, and most speak it better than us Americans, lol. You'll be fine, especially in Amsterdam. If you're driving you may want to study up on the different sign and road markings, but most of them make sense. Driving on their highways is amazing compared to ours, literally no debris, people that understand the left lane is for passing, and almost no semi's.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I had no problem being an English-only speaker in Amsterdam.
https://goo.gl/maps/QJVridGnGC52

That's like blocks from my hotel. We are hanging out in Amsterdam for two days before hitting the ship.
I am going to run by there for sure. Thanks

#60 6 years ago

The big thing i learned over there..... They don't like when you get in to a game too much and get a little loud.

I always have to tone it down.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Driving on their highways is amazing compared to ours, literally no debris, people that understand the left lane is for passing, and almost no semi's.

Thanks for the compliment. You must have been driving a country side highway on a sunday night. Our highways near the cities tend to get really crowded on weekdays. I haven't driven a highway in the US though, so I can't really compare.

Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The big thing i learned over there..... They don't like when you get in to a game too much and get a little loud.
I always have to tone it down.

Nice insight. I guess the only loud, in-your-face things that were made in the US that we really do appreciate here... are pinball machines.

6 months later
#62 5 years ago

Heading to Amsterdam on Tuesday. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Not a whole lot of time to myself as I am working a tradeshow. Already contacted Robin about a possible trip to Pinside HQ and I have TonTon (both of them) in my sights. Any other spots I should be on the look out for? I will be mostly at the Ramada and RAI.

Thank you!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Heading to Amsterdam on Tuesday. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Not a whole lot of time to myself as I am working a tradeshow. Already contacted Robin about a possible

Heading to Amsterdam on Tuesday. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Not a whole lot of time to myself as I am working a tradeshow. Already contacted Robin about a possible trip to Pinside HQ and I have TonTon (both of them) in my sights. Any other spots I should be on the look out for? I will be mostly at the Ramada and RAI.
Thank you!

There's a place called Pacific Parc just a short walk away from TonTon club Westerpark. It's a bar/restaurant during the day and turns into a dancing venue at weekend nights. Nice place. They have a Fish Tales and a Stern Kiss there.

Send me a pm if you're up for a game. I live close to Westerpark.

#64 5 years ago

The Dutch Pinball Museum is in Rotterdam.

That is not far away from Amsterdam

Open op wednesday/saturday and sunday

www.dutchpinballmuseum.com

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

So true. If you have the time for a day trip, definitely do Rotterdam. The city in itself is very interesting, totally different from Amsterdam.

The Dutch Pinball Museum, beautifully located on Katendrecht, has the most elaborate collection of pinball machines in the Netherlands. Containing rarities, oddball games and historically significant machines, but also a nice selection of regular games from all eras. And the latest Stern and Jersey Jack pins. All playable, all under one roof.

For instance, where else can you play a fully restored Humpty Dumpty?

#66 5 years ago

Fantastic. Thank you. Rotterdam is now on the list. Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday. I'll burn that into my memory

My schedule is going to be all over the map. This is the first time I'm working this tradeshow so I am not sure what my hours will be. Most of my Amsterdam adventures will have to be of the spontaneous kind and will begin at the end of a regular working day.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Yes ,a must go to place!!!

#68 5 years ago

We're going to be in Amsterdam for three days in November before starting a cruise. We'll probably be staying at the Movenpick Hotel. Are there any places to play pinball within walking or easy bus/trolley distance?

Thanks,

Alan

#69 5 years ago

Spirit if you’re into coffee shops and pinball.

#70 5 years ago

I'd rather a bar and pinball, but, when in Rome.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

... when in Rome.

...You eat pizza, when i Amsterdam you smoke a joint

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

We're going to be in Amsterdam for three days in November before starting a cruise. We'll probably be staying at the Movenpick Hotel. Are there any places to play pinball within walking or easy bus/trolley distance?
Thanks,
Alan

Ton Ton in the centre is a short walk - the one on the edge of the RL District, by the church.

However when I last walked past a week ago, it was closed for renovations. Didn't say when it'd be re-opening ... though it may on their site / social media.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/place-to-play-pins-in-amsterdam/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.