Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by rubberducks
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.18.37 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.17.17 AM (resized).png
tontondef (resized).png
kaartje (resized).png
photo.JPG
th-2-418.jpeg
th-3-797.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Anyone know a good place to play pinball in Amsterdam? I'll be there next week for a conference and will need a pin fix (or two). According to Pinside's map, The Spirit looks promising.

#2 5 years ago

Was In Amsterdam in Red Light district, The women got furious if you took photos. heard they closed that area down

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Was In Amsterdam in Red Light district, The women got furious if you took photos. heard they closed that area down

Um, I'm interested in a different kind of pinball.

#5 5 years ago

It was slim pickings a few years ago when we were there

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

It was slim pickings a few years ago when we were there

True, even tough Amsterdam has some single machines in bars and coffeshops, opossed to other cities (which have none or very few).

#7 5 years ago

Havent been to Amsterdam since 2009, but there used to be a bunch of random machines at differing coffee shops and bars. They seemed to have a lot of MM over there at the time.

#9 5 years ago

definently go to the spirit.. it has the largest public pinball collection in the city

and i personally maintain those machines once in 2 weeks, maybe WoZ arrived at the time u visit the place..

the hottest game up there is offcourse

Metallica Pro version 1.22 currently installed
and AC/DC Premium 1.65 version installed
Shrek is however the highest earning game. locals love it a lot

have fun in amsterdam OP

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

definently go to the spirit.. it has the largest public pinball collection in the city
and i personally maintain those machines once in 2 weeks, maybe WoZ arrived at the time u visit the place..
the hottest game up there is offcourse
Metallica Pro version 1.22 currently installed
and AC/DC Premium 1.65 version installed
Shrek is however the highest earning game. locals love it a lot
have fun in amsterdam OP

Thanks DucthTommy. Can't wait to check the place out and it is great to hear that a pinsider maintains those games. Oh yes, and Amsterdam too!

#11 5 years ago

Yeah I'm going there in October. Will be there on the 11th. Where abouts is the spirit? Ill stop by and put some coins in

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Where abouts is the spirit?

You can find it on the pinside map. But the address is:
THE SPIRIT
Westerstraat 121, 1015 LZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands

1 week later
#13 5 years ago

For anyone visiting Amsterdam, definitely check out the Spirit. Good line up, mellow coffeeshop, sometimes a bit smokey. Really enjoyed my time there!

image.jpg

#14 5 years ago

Not shown in picture were an ACDC premium and Metalica pro. Both on great shape!

#15 5 years ago

when are u heading back home OP? are u goin to get back to the spirit again this weekend or?

cuz maybe i drop in up there for sunday thats why it will be nice to meet u

grtz Roy

#16 5 years ago

Already back home. Met some nice people there who were into pinball.

#17 5 years ago

you going(went) to Amsterdam and thinking about Pinball ??
something wrong here !

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

you going(went) to Amsterdam and thinking about Pinball ??
something wrong here !

Yeah, well, I was there for five days and needed a pinball fix or two. Besides, hunting places to play pinball is a nice way to see the city and since I was there for work, I brought friends a colleagues there. Some hadn't played a real pinball machine before and it was fun seeing them enjoy it.

4 months later
#19 5 years ago

Boom Chicago has a perfect condition Star Trek (4 balls, 3 games/2 euros) and Wizard of Oz (same pricing) arrives in February. The WoO at Spirit (3 balls, 2 games/2 euros) has fast ball drains

#20 5 years ago

Boom Chicago is at Rozengracht 117. Open wed-thur 6-12. Fri and sat 6-2am. Other days are irregular. When the box office is open, but bar is closed 2-6pm, turn on the games yourself.

#21 5 years ago

Coffeeshop The Spirit allready have an Wizard of Oz which is also in Amsterdam at the westerstraat 121

the line up of games are unbeatable in the whole country.. there are 8 games on site.. currently Ac/Dc Premium , Startrek Pro (less then a month old) , Metallica Pro (LED pimped) , Avatar , BigBuckHunterPro , Wizard of Oz ,PiratesotCarribean , and Shrek

this place is lovely

#22 5 years ago

Are you sure that you're not dreaming? Or, are you in my dream? All theses pins in a "coffee" shop!

3 weeks later
#23 5 years ago

I'm back in Amsterdam for the weekend. Hope to stop by the Spirit again and check out the new pins. Would like to get some time on WoZ. Will post new pictures if I make it there.

#24 5 years ago

ill be there 2morrow too at the spirit.. im goin to update the Wizard of Oz towards 2.0, so if ur goin. we are going to meet

and about the update it definently needs it..
the other WoZ in the most south city of this country has had the update today cheers Roy

#25 5 years ago

I dunno dude

If I were in Amsterdamn I'd prolly get high as shit & buy two girls preferably named Cinnamon & Ginger then score a few G's of sour diesel & maybe dice up some meow, polish off some Genever & get my bike stolen.

But yeah um pinball... Errrrr yeah.

Zzzzzzzzz

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I were in Amsterdamn I'd prolly get high as shit

Then you can head on over to hamsterdam.
th-3-797.jpeg

#27 5 years ago

That's a chipmunk... I'm not so high that I can't tell the difference

Yet

#28 5 years ago

Welcome to Hamsterdam!
th-2-418.jpeg

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

ill be there 2morrow too at the spirit.. im goin to update the Wizard of Oz towards 2.0, so if ur goin. we are going to meet
and about the update it definently needs it..
the other WoZ in the most south city of this country has had the update today cheers Roy

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll see you there.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I dunno dude
If I were in Amsterdamn I'd prolly get high as shit & buy two girls preferably named Cinnamon & Ginger then score a few G's of sour diesel & maybe dice up some meow, polish off some Genever & get my bike stolen.
But yeah um pinball... Errrrr yeah.
Zzzzzzzzz

Says the guy with 4M in pinside karma points.

Only so much time I can spend at the museums, taking in the sights, and "dicing up some meow". Besides, the Spirit is nice place to take a break.

#31 5 years ago

Yeah man but I'm in Missouri. The closest thing we have to Amsterdam is Pinside

#32 5 years ago

In California the closest thing we have to Amsterdam is the local dispensary.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you can head on over to hamsterdam.

th-3-797.jpeg 10 KB

Hey! Odin, if you post these pics your neighbors will find out why the chipmunks are always laying on your fence.

#34 5 years ago

All I can remember about Amsterdam is the glass topped boat tours. But that was in the late 60's.

#35 5 years ago

Visited The Spirit today. Two new games in (ST, WOZ) and two games out (RS, TOM). First time I played a WOZ. Definitely went far beyond my expectations -- it is really like no other pin. I thought the theme would kill it for me, but one look at the color show and a few plays to figure out the rules, I'm hooked. While I don't think I'll pick one up, I'm really looking forward to what JJP does with the Hobbit and whatever PLD is creating. Also, met DutchTommy. Super nice guy. He was there working on a few of the games there (LEDing them up nicely) and updated WOZ to the latest code. Also took the time to let me gawk at WOZ's innards. Looks like any pinball machine except with a computer server chassis on the bottom and interesting wiring for the LED boards. Of course, played a bunch of pinball and took a much needed break from checking out museums and other sights around Amsterdam.

photo.JPG
#36 5 years ago

i took video of the games being all LED upped

nice collection.. if u guys ever be in amsterdam and u love pinball this is the place to be, owner will be on the look out for an hobbit to add up to this collection. thanks for the pic posting on me working on POTC by the way..

8 months later
#37 4 years ago

i go to the spirit alot just to play the tables there. i have found a few around amsterdam but thats the biggest collection ive seen. still trying to find medieval madness and elviras scared stiff heard they have elvira at cafe sarin but i have yet to confirm. and the minds by dam square has adams family for 50 cents a game and is set on 5 ball mode. if anyone knows any other tables scatterd around please let me know. im also interested in learning about repairing tables if anyone knows where i could do that in amsterdam

5 months later
#38 3 years ago

Spirit still the place to go?

Going to be in Amsterdam for a couple nights in June.

If any locals want to hang out on a Sunday or Monday night let me know.

#39 3 years ago

The pinball line up has changed a bit at the spirit in amsterdam

They have now an

- the walking dead Limited edition ( standing at the entrance door right in front of the scudrace game)
- Ironman vault edition
- Wizard of Oz
- Startrek Pro model
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Shrek
- Startrek The Next Generation
- Ac/Dc premium model
- Metallica Pro Model

All in very good shape, metallica, shrek, pirates have their old incandescent lights replaced by an led light package .. The rest have leds from factory offcourse except startrek tng.. That game basically fills up the empty spot where big buck hunter was standing, and when the hobbit is available that game will be there.

1 month later
#40 3 years ago

Heading over to Amsterdam tonight...will be there all weekend and then over to Belgium for a bit.

Hope to run into some locals at the coffeeshops!

And if anybody has an extra ticket for Judas Priest in Utrect Sunday night send it my way!

2 months later
#41 3 years ago

I'm heading back to Amsterdam tomorrow and will be stopping by The Spirit. Another other places to check out (with pinball) while there?

#42 3 years ago

There's a gay bar called Spiker or something equally leather n studs with a Monster Bash (5 balls).

Knock yourself out!

1 year later
#43 2 years ago

I am gravedigging this thread.
I am heading out to Amsterdam next week, and i would love to play some pinball.
Any new games set ut at The Spirit?

#44 2 years ago

I was last there a year ago. Each time I go there is different set of games that are all well maintained. Definitely worth checking out.

4 months later
#45 2 years ago

If someone knows of a location that has or will be getting an Aerosmith in Amsterdam, do post.

IMO the Pro is potentially Stern's best overall package since TWD 3 years ago.

Would love to try it out.

#46 2 years ago

The best place to play pinball in Amsterdam is most definitely TonTon club. They have 2 locations, both with 4 or 5 pins in good condition and lots of other arcade machines. TonTon club is a relatively new concept, which would explain why they have not been mentioned in this thread yet. Their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/detontonclub/

One is in the red light district. Adress: Sint Annendwarsstraat 6.
The other one is in Amsterdam West (Westerpark). Adress: Polonceaukade 27.

I recommend the one in Westerpark. Located in a very nice old industrial building. A bit further away from the city center, which is a plus if you want to stay away from the big crowds. Local pinheads like myself frequent the place. Their current line up is Game of Thrones Pro, Ghostbusters Pro, The Getaway and Ripley's. They serve awesome burgers, craft beers and milkshakes. So: not just pinball, but a nice evening or night out. During the day it's less crowded. In the evening, it's a little more crowded with mostly the young and hip. And maybe some old pinheads.
games and beers

To get to TonTon club West, take bus 21 outside Central Station (the bus stop is near Victoria Hotel). Get out at Van Hallstraat. The bus drive takes about 10 minutes. After that, it's an easy 4 minute walk.

Drop me a message on Pinside if you're going there. I live very nearby (biking distance) and I might be up for some beers, chats and pinball.
walk from bus stop Van Hallstraat to TonTon West

#47 2 years ago

Thanks for the info! Hope to make it back soon.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks for the info! Hope to make it back soon.

Most welcome! Let me know when you do.

I just heard from the operator that The Getaway and Ripley's in TonTon West will probably be replaced by Indiana Jones (WMS) and Star Trek Pro.

#49 2 years ago

Ton ton red light is a little much for me. Loud, hot, filled with obnoxious tourists, and the games didn't seem in the best shape for me. I really prefer the spirit coffee shop but it's a different vibe. Much better for playing and smoking.

I didn't know there is one in westpark though, that looks much better! I'll check it out next time.

6 months later
#50 1 year ago

Hey Amsterdam pinheads! Ill be in town the weekend of the 20th of October. Im gonna hit one of these TonTon clubs. Im staying near Vondelpark, so maybe the Buro one? Also down to check out Spirit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 12.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 18.95
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Southampton, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 199.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside