(Topic ID: 48971)

Place pf decal over the top of original mylar?

By joetechbob

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have a Whirlwind on the way with some wear around the center spinning disk. I've therefore ordered a decal to cover the wear: ebay.com link: WHIRLWIND Pinball Spinning Disc Repair Decal LICENSED

...Do I dare be lazy and put the decal (which is relatively cheap) over the original mylar, or do I go all out and replace the mylar with the risk of pulling up inserts, damaging artwork, etc.? Note: I've never replaced mylar before, but am familiar with the various techniques (freeze spray or a heat gun to remove mylar; chemically remove adhesive residue).

#2 10 years ago

Wrong sub-forum?

#7 10 years ago

My main concern is that I've read that on this vintage of game (without diamond plate) you're all but guaranteed to pull up a little paint and damage an insert decal or two...Worth the risk? The rest of the pf is in pretty good shape.

I kind of want to tear apart the pf, pull the mylar, do some minor touch-ups, apply the decal and then re-mylar it (or maybe clear coat it if I'm feeling very ambitious)...I don't want to further damage the pf during the process, though ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/place-pf-decal-over-the-top-of-original-mylar?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.