IMG_20190608_141033439 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190608_140811830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190608_134933392 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190608_123726456 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190216_184117174 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190217_111424379 (resized).jpg
123951(21) (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

We're heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to do some major pinballin'. Two spots we are looking to hit are Pinball Perfection and Pinball PA. Are there any other places you can recommend we go?
Is it possible to go to PAPA World Headquarters to play? We're assuming no since there isn't anything we can find online about hours of operation.
Thanks in advance for any tips
Paul and Chrissi

#2 5 years ago

Helicon Brewing has a great lineup and the staff was really nice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helicon-brewing-just-outside-pittsburgh-pa

#3 5 years ago

Helicon is great. Kickback Pinball Cafe is really good, and Pinball PA is filled with pinball and classic arcades.

#4 5 years ago

All great choices listed above. New additions to Helicon include Monster Bash Limited Edition, Munsters might even have the LE Friday, Primus, and Cosmic Cart Racing.

Here is a quick video of what to expect.

#5 5 years ago

Sweet line-up! Would love to see a Munsters LE. We were just wondering earlier if they are out in the wild yet.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Sweet line-up! Would love to see a Munsters LE. We were just wondering earlier if they are out in the wild yet.

Game is in transit. Depends on the destination terminal. 50/50 chance it will be there tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words! Have fun this weekend. You picked a great city for pinball.

#7 5 years ago

That's why we're coming.. and as a nice 10th anniversary trip

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

That's why we're coming.. and as a nice 10th anniversary trip

Awesome. I'll be sure to grab you a drink if you make it to Helicon.

#9 5 years ago

Helicon is a must ..... Pinball Perfection not a fan of. Kickback Cafe is worth the trip as well.

#10 5 years ago

Go to pinball PA and Helicon. Pinball PA has tons of older games and rare ones. Helicon has all the newer ones and they are LE's. PAPA headquarters is not available to play. I would skip pinball perfection.

#11 5 years ago

Where are you staying?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Go to pinball PA and Helicon. Pinball PA has tons of older games and rare ones. Helicon has all the newer ones and they are LE's. PAPA headquarters is not available to play. I would skip pinball perfection.

So I am really under the weather, I just got a call that our LE will be delivered Monday.... =(

Good thing I don't settle for that. Driving 4.5 hours round trip to get it there tonight.

Thanks for the positive endorsement Bobby!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

We're heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to do some major pinballin'. Two spots we are looking to hit are Pinball Perfection and Pinball PA. Are there any other places you can recommend we go?
Is it possible to go to PAPA World Headquarters to play? We're assuming no since there isn't anything we can find online about hours of operation.
Thanks in advance for any tips
Paul and Chrissi

Pinball Perfection is far and away the greatest pinball collection I've ever seen, and saying that as a big fan of Helicon, and Pinball PA! It's got the most deep selection over the course of pinball's entire history, and also on Friday night 7-10PM is freeplay for I think just $10! It's dark, smells like an old basement, but man the place has charm, and is unlike any I've ever been to might dream of.

That said, hit Helicon for happy hour from 4:30-6:30, then Pinball Perfection, then Pinball PA and Kickback tomorrow.

#14 5 years ago

wooohoooo, thanks for the post guys. I will be spending some time in cranberry twp next week for a few days for work, plan to check some of these places out when I am not working!!

#15 5 years ago

Now THAT's some dedication getting that pin today! We aren't going out until tomorrow, so we won't be able to see it brand spanking new.
I picked a place west of downtown so we would be in between Pinball PA and Perfection, and upon further inspection, we'll be about the same distance from Helicon! It will be a jam packed weekend for sure- we can't wait!
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Now THAT's some dedication getting that pin today! We aren't going out until tomorrow, so we won't be able to see it brand spanking new.
I picked a place west of downtown so we would be in between Pinball PA and Perfection, and upon further inspection, we'll be about the same distance from Helicon! It will be a jam packed weekend for sure- we can't wait!

Enjoy and I would still suggest hitting up Kickback Cafe, especially over Pinball Perfection (PP). I don’t mean to knock PP, just other places I would recommend over it. If you still go would be interested in your thoughts of the place.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Ready for you!

123951(21) (resized).jpg123951(21) (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Ready for you![quoted image]

Oh yes.... Hello my pretty!

(The Munsters that is )

Hehehehe

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Oh yes.... Hello my pretty!
(The Munsters that is )
Hehehehe

There for your enjoyment. If I feel better tomorrow, PM me a time you will be around and I'll try to stop out! Enjoy your trip.

#20 5 years ago

Sounds good! The machine is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Ready for you![quoted image]

Seriously does it get better than Helicon? They talk the talk and walk the walk.

I seriously think they should consider a monthly membership for free play. Even for someone like me who doesn't get out a ton bc of work and family - I would gladly support as these guys are bringing the latest and greatest all the time. Love it.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seriously does it get better than Helicon? They talk the talk and walk the walk.
I seriously think they should consider a monthly membership for free play. Even for someone like me who doesn't get out a ton bc of work and family - I would gladly support as these guys are bringing the latest and greatest all the time. Love it.

This has been discussed. I do truly like that idea because even if you drop in at any point for a few hours in the day, you will get a great value away some point.

As always Delt, you're too kind!

#23 5 years ago

It was great to meet Paul and Chrissi last night. Any other Pittsburgh pinheads hanging out on Sunday's they will be around.

Great conversation. Hope you guys come back!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It was great to meet Paul and Chrissi last night. Any other Pittsburgh pinheads hanging out on Sunday's they will be around.
Great conversation. Hope you guys come back!

Thank you Chris!
We had a blast, and your, and Chris B's hospitality was very much appreciated.

Awesome games.
Awesome beer.
And awesome people!
Doesn't get any better than that.

In a few hours we'll be off to PinballPA, and then back home.
-Paul

#25 5 years ago

Cheers Paul!! Safe travels.

Ps: I think its Byob at Pinball PA

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Ps: I think its Byob at Pinball PA

Bring Your Own Balls??

That's just NUTS.. .. The games should have their own!!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Bring Your Own Balls??
That's just NUTS.. .. The games should have their own!!

Lol

#28 5 years ago

Hey all, We want to thank everyone for your suggestions, there is so much goodness to be had, we'll have to return in the near future!
We just returned from our weekend in the Steel City. We had an absolute blast probably playing over 100 games, almost all that we have never played before. Special shout out to the kids at Helicon brewery for hosting us Saturday night. That Munsters LE is something else!

A quick rundown:
-We drove straight to Pinball Perfection on Saturday. This place definitely has character! Sure, quite a few of the games were out, bulbs missing on the ones that did, but we still had so much fun there. The owner is a super nice guy, happy to talk shop.
-Again, Saturday night was Helicon. Met Chris M. and Chris B. enjoyed a few tasty brews and some out of this world pins. Their hospitality was top notch to a few newbie jamokes like us. They even turned on their new Cosmic Cart Racing for us to take a spin on!
Visit the Chris'!!! You would be a FOOL not to if you are in town!

-This morning/afternoon we hit Pinball PA. Wow- This place has practically everything! You can tell they really care about the machines. Almost every game was playing perfectly. They have a vast collection of arcades too. We only wanted to do 2 hours, so we didn't get to play them.

Highlights from each of us:
Chrissi- Holy crap you guys are lucky out in western pa with the variety and volume of pins! I'm super jealous! I'm now in love with Bad Cats, got the jackpot on my first ball Helicon is a totally dope place, if we lived closer I'd be paying Chris rent. Overall A+ weekend!

Paul- Meeting the 2 Chris'. Munsters LE. Discovering Whitewater. Bad Cats. Centaur and Circus Voltaire. Bugs Bunny is such a toilet. Last but not least; getting my ass kicked by my wife by at least a 4 score on almost every game!

#29 5 years ago

See you guys again!

#30 5 years ago

Made a trip out to Helicon last night. Played for an hour and a half or so. Great location. Great pins. Not a beer guy myself, but a really cool place none the less. The machines were awesome. Many LE's on site. It was nice to play a Munsters LE with lower playfield, now even more excited to get mine. Adams family that allowed some major nudging is always fun, Beatles, Munsters LE, GotG, Star Wars, Houdini, MBr… I own several of these myself, but its always nice to play on location as well in case something is up with mine that I don't know. LOL

Not sure what was up with the shaker in TWD:LE sounded like it was going to self destruct. Might want to check that one out, LOL.

Strongly recommend anyone who is semi close, make this place a stop on your journey!

Plan to hit Pinball PA or Kickback Café tonight (weather permitting...)

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Made a trip out to Helicon last night. Played for an hour and a half or so. Great location. Great pins.

Yeah Helicon is a great place! You'll really like Pinball PA as well. We only spent 2 hours there because we had to head home, but we could've easily spent the whole day there.

I Can't say anything about Kickback Cafe because we just ran out of time, and didn't get a chance to go.

Have fun!!

-Paul

IMG_20190216_184117174 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_184117174 (resized).jpgIMG_20190217_111424379 (resized).jpgIMG_20190217_111424379 (resized).jpg
#32 5 years ago

Great thread, going to use this info during my next trip to Pittsburgh!

Helicon, Pinball PA and Kickback Café - how do each of these places work. Machines set on coin drop, or a flat admission fee, or something else?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Great thread, going to use this info during my next trip to Pittsburgh!
Helicon, Pinball PA and Kickback Café - how do each of these places work. Machines set on coin drop, or a flat admission fee, or something else?

Kick back and Helicon are coin drop, pinball pa is one fee for time.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Made a trip out to Helicon last night. Played for an hour and a half or so. Great location. Great pins. Not a beer guy myself, but a really cool place none the less. The machines were awesome. Many LE's on site. It was nice to play a Munsters LE with lower playfield, now even more excited to get mine. Adams family that allowed some major nudging is always fun, Beatles, Munsters LE, GotG, Star Wars, Houdini, MBr… I own several of these myself, but its always nice to play on location as well in case something is up with mine that I don't know. LOL
Not sure what was up with the shaker in TWD:LE sounded like it was going to self destruct. Might want to check that one out, LOL.
Strongly recommend anyone who is semi close, make this place a stop on your journey!

Thanks for visiting Helicon! We appreciate it!

3 months later
#35 4 years ago

Back for another pinball weekend!

First up was Kickback Cafe

Then Pinball Perfection

And a little Helicon brewery!

Tomorrow it'll be Pinball PA, and whatever else we find.

IMG_20190608_123726456 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_123726456 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_141033439 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_141033439 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_134933392 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_134933392 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_140811830 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_140811830 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_195224242 (resized).jpgIMG_20190608_195224242 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pittsburgh-pinball-weekend?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.