Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jdzwir123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Picked up Williams Upper Deck project. Have game working but balls get stuck at exit of pitching flap from time to time and seem to be slow. When mixing unit has magnet on ball will get pulled behind bat and cannot be hit. Been all thru pitching motor which is correct and moves with no restrictions. Have removed playfield flap which helps but balls still can get stuck right at playfield and do not come out. Seems they bounce around as the arm sweeps them thru the guides. Ran pitch motor with no balls and appears it at 68 RPM best I can measure based on 10 continuous rotations. Any suggestions would be great

#2 3 years ago

On my upper deck, i am pretty sure there was no magnet on the pitching unit. I do remember that on one pitch setting the bat resistance increased to make it weaker.
I will have to check what pictures i can find from when i had mine.

#3 3 years ago

Not sure you can find it but there is a good photo of my pitching mech on my for sale ad from a year or so ago

#4 3 years ago

This was a video I found on You tube while looking into issue. While not my game the pitching looks similar and at about 2:30 into the video you see the ball get stuck right at the outlet which is what mine does. You can continue to pitch and at some point 2 balls will come out.

The game does have a mixer unit and from what I can tell it either turns on a magnet under play field for a 'curve' ball which in my case since the pitch is so slow it pulls it on back side of bat so can't hit it or it adds a resistor into bat circuit to make bat weaker.

I will take a look for your previous post

#5 3 years ago

I stand corrected. I looked at my post in the pitch and bat thread and there is a "curve " magnet.

#6 3 years ago

Have you tried the game with the magnet NOT connected?
Has the pitching mech itself or the balls become magnetized?

#7 3 years ago

Tried game without curve magnet and no different. Looked at schematic and curve magnet is on 110V side of system and controlled by mixer unit to turn it on and off. Mixer also has resistor it puts in series with bat coil to provide weaker swing. Balls look newer and tried each one around the pitching arm an no magnetic effect noted. Removed the top flap off game and watched pitches. Seems balls bounce around on their way out and do not stay on the guides and will even not make it out with top flap off from time to time.
So wonder if balls bouncing around in guides as arm moves is just slowing them down but guides look pretty good and not sure how to ensure they are adjusted correctly.

#8 3 years ago

If you look at my for sale ad the guides come to a point.

#10 3 years ago

Mine do as well looks the same. Seems like balls coming out of pitch asm on side and don't run on rails to the tip at play field

#11 3 years ago

There was a piece of plastic under the flap if irc . It held the ball in the groove before it launched.

4 months later
#12 3 years ago

Does any have a good pic of how the cams attahed to the pitching motor. I had mine rebuilt by PBR, sent in with cams on it and think I have them installed correctly but want to double check. Want to confirm two wheel cam and which is inner or outer cam as well as which set screw goes on the flat. would like the same info for the pitching arm and where it should be at start of pitch sequence since it also has two set screws.

Thanks

#13 3 years ago

Got it figured out and game working

1 week later
#14 3 years ago

Is there a recommended thread for working on an Upper Deck or is it best to post just in an e.m. thread? I'm sure my issues have probably been discussed somewhere before.
Thank you for any info
I'm new to e.m. repair but getting frustrated but really want to get her up and running.
Thank you again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pitching-issue-on-williams-upper-deck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.