(Topic ID: 168880)

Pitch and Bat? Pitcher throws Ball. Manikin.

By Darcy

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by trevorm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

I've seen 2 different Pitch and Bat games that the Pitcher throws the ball.

1937 Rockola World Series and 1960 Williams Deluxe Official Baseball.

Are there any others, that use cups on the playfield and a throwing pitcher? Any commends regarding either of these games?
    The Rockola looks more like a Jukebox. The 1960 Deluxe is more of a Pinball cabinet.

#2 7 years ago

Would love to see some videos....

#3 7 years ago

On You Tube there are videos for both of these games.

#4 7 years ago

I can't speak about the Rockola, but I just worked on a Deluxe Official Baseball and found things about it that I liked and things I thought it was lacking. It's novel having the players on the field and the ball coming from the pitcher and yes, it has the running man unit in the head that everyone likes, but the game itself wasn't as much of a player in my opinion as some of the later model pitch and bat games. Personally, I prefer the home run ramps and upper deck features of the newer games. Also, the games with a pitch selection (curve/fast/knuckle) make the game more entertaining for the player who is not batting - otherwise you are just pushing the same button every pitch. Great looking game for sure, but for me I prefer the play of the later games.

#5 7 years ago

I think this one's sweet.

1948 Evans Bat a Score.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

Well, I started this Topic yesterday, as a guy at work mentioned he had this pinball machine in his basement for 15 years. He said that it had a pitcher that threw the ball, cups on the playfield, a slanted glass, had legs, and was from 1930's or 1940's. It was currently covered over with stuff and dust. That it also has a small backglass.
    This morning he tells me it has Chicago Coin Basketball, written on it. Now C.C. only has 4 basketball related games listed on the IPDB.
    The basketball player throws the ball into different hoops or rings. Says he will get a photo of it soon. I was interested in it, if it was a pinball machine but not as interested if it is more of an arcade game. However our I.T. guy at work has stepped up and said if it is an arcade game he would be interested in it.
    Thanks for the replies, I was hoping it was a Pitch and Bat, but hey, I'll keep you guys posted.

Added over 8 years ago: Turns out to be a Midget Skee Ball. Missing a Backglass as well.

#7 7 years ago

Looks like it is a Midget Skee Ball. It is missing the back glass. Now I'm really not interested in it. However a mint one did sell for more than $10,000.

#8 7 years ago

Looks pretty cool...

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Looks like it is a Midget Skee Ball. It is missing the back glass. Now I'm really not interested in it. However a mint one did sell for more than $10,000.

Oh man, if I found out it was a Midget Skee Ball I'd be having a panic attack. P&Bs are great but you never see that game come up for sale. I'm sure you could probably trade for a very nice P&B.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Looks pretty cool...

I'm led to believe that it isn't any were close to the quality condition of the photos you posted. But if the current owner says come and get it, I'll be the one to pick it up, even if I will need to rent/borrow a van.

I'll keep you guys posted.

#11 7 years ago

Yeah, go get that sucker. And in the future if some guy tells you he has an old pinball game with a Mermaid on it let us know.

#12 7 years ago

This is what happens at work if you let co-workers know that Pinball is something you are interested in. Oh, and, AlexF, if there was a Mermaid on an old pin I get. I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag until it was safely set up in my home.

#13 7 years ago

Well if the owner decides to part with it AND your coworker decides he doesn't want it, I'm very interested in bringing this game to the East Coast and restoring it to it's former glory. Old mannequin arcade games are quickly becoming my next obsession, but finding them isn't always easy. Keep me in mind.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pitch-and-bat-pitcher-throws-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.