Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hoov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0720_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0724_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0723_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    Home_Run_Plastic_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Spider -

I don't have a ton of experience (none with woodrail p&b), but I think Williams made the best games. Most included their 'running man' unit which really helps make the game in my opinion.

I have a '66 Williams Pitch and Bat. Not my favorite artwork (I think pre '65 are the best), but it does have 4 different pitches and a cool 'extra inning' feature which keeps you in the game longer if your opponent scored a lot of runs.

Pretty easy to work on (much simpler than a multiplayer EM) and a fair amount of the key parts (coils, bats, etc. are available). Plus some awesome pinsiders have custom made some parts - see the "home run" plastic on my game, not the original artwork, but I like it a lot better!

Home_Run_Plastic_(resized).jpgHome_Run_Plastic_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #14 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

really like that one. Running man, 2 player with a ramp, extra inning possibility, 4 pitches? (didn't know any had 4) and a home run hole and bonus target...sweet! The art looks awesome to me. That's a keeper.

Quoted from Spider3582:

Heatwave that's a nice looking game

Thanks! It was in pretty good shape to begin with and cleaned up nicely. Great as a 2-player game. I wish Williams had included a way to "randomize" pitches when you are in 1-player mode. It is too tempting to keep serving yourself change-ups which are significantly easier to time for home runs!

One other odd (to me) thing is that the identified "home team" always bats first. Just feels weird in 2-player mode to have the visiting team get the last at-bat!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pitch-and-bat-pinball?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.