3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hoov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0720_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0724_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0723_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    Home_Run_Plastic_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I would like to get a pitch and bat EM Pinball. Are they basically the same to work on as a Pinball machine? Any brand better than the other. How about the game it self? I need a little insight so I know what to look for.

#2 3 years ago

There is a p&b thread here with lots of info. Some extra features include multi pitch, variable bat speed, running man units, ramps with upper deck(s), 2 player option, multi inning option etc.

1 week later
    #3 3 years ago

Thread moved to EM arcade section.

#4 3 years ago

Williams over Chicago Coin for game play, reliability & parts availability. There are a few exceptions, especially if you don't need a physical player running unit.

#5 3 years ago

Spider -

I don't have a ton of experience (none with woodrail p&b), but I think Williams made the best games. Most included their 'running man' unit which really helps make the game in my opinion.

I have a '66 Williams Pitch and Bat. Not my favorite artwork (I think pre '65 are the best), but it does have 4 different pitches and a cool 'extra inning' feature which keeps you in the game longer if your opponent scored a lot of runs.

Pretty easy to work on (much simpler than a multiplayer EM) and a fair amount of the key parts (coils, bats, etc. are available). Plus some awesome pinsiders have custom made some parts - see the "home run" plastic on my game, not the original artwork, but I like it a lot better!

Home_Run_Plastic_(resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago

Don't forget United Manufacturing Co. United had a lot going on with these! 1955 and loaded with features.

pasted_image_(resized).png

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Spider -
    I don't have a ton of experience (none with woodrail p&b), but I think Williams made the best games. Most included their 'running man' unit which really helps make the game in my opinion.
    I have a '66 Williams Pitch and Bat. Not my favorite artwork (I think pre '65 are the best), but it does have 4 different pitches and a cool 'extra inning' feature which keeps you in the game longer if your opponent scored a lot of runs.
    Pretty easy to work on (much simpler than a multiplayer EM) and a fair amount of the key parts (coils, bats, etc. are available). Plus some awesome pinsiders have custom made some parts - see the "home run" plastic on my game, not the original artwork, but I like it a lot better!

I really like that one. Running man, 2 player with a ramp, extra inning possibility, 4 pitches? (didn't know any had 4) and a home run hole and bonus target...sweet! The art looks awesome to me. That's a keeper.

#9 3 years ago

Heatwave that's a nice looking game

#10 3 years ago

I have one for sale at Pinfest in A-Town. Very rare Midway Mystery Score for 1,200

image_(resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

Here's a few pics of the uniteds bonus baseball I sold last year. It was a fun game I just wish I had more space and could have kept it but it went to a good home

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#12 3 years ago

I've got a Bonus Baseball in the cue to be restored. Mine is missing the front legs and has been converted to regular silver pinball legs. I might switch to woodrail front legs once I start rebuilding it.

Nice to see another one out there.

#13 3 years ago

From what I understand those original legs are tough to come by

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

really like that one. Running man, 2 player with a ramp, extra inning possibility, 4 pitches? (didn't know any had 4) and a home run hole and bonus target...sweet! The art looks awesome to me. That's a keeper.

Quoted from Spider3582:

Heatwave that's a nice looking game

Thanks! It was in pretty good shape to begin with and cleaned up nicely. Great as a 2-player game. I wish Williams had included a way to "randomize" pitches when you are in 1-player mode. It is too tempting to keep serving yourself change-ups which are significantly easier to time for home runs!

One other odd (to me) thing is that the identified "home team" always bats first. Just feels weird in 2-player mode to have the visiting team get the last at-bat!

#15 3 years ago

Interesting. Well, your guest will always get the excitement of having the last crack at it. In that sense it's kinda cool.

*and you get to go first to show 'how it's done'.

#16 3 years ago

I saw one at the Allentown show in the fleamarket section. It was still folded up, but from what I could see, it had many many plays on it. It had seen better days.
    I think he wanted $350 for it.
    I would love one of these myself, but I couldn't spend a ton of cash for it and still be able to get one not on its last leg.
    They remember playing them at Canobie Lake Park when I was a kid.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I miss canobie lake park! I went there a lot growing up. I'm headed back to visit Portsmouth NH where I grew up in a few weeks, may have to see if I can sneak in a canobie day all I know is that I will be at pinball wizards in Pelham for sure I may even head there right from the airport lol.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drewblood419:

I miss canobie lake park! I went there a lot growing up. I'm headed back to visit Portsmouth NH where I grew up in a few weeks, may have to see if I can sneak in a canobie day all I know is that I will be at pinball wizards in Pelham for sure I may even head there right from the airport lol.

Pinball Wizard Arcade is a MUST!
    Canobie still has a lot of those old games. Make sure you check the arcade at the water front as well. Sometimes a few Gems are tucked away there.
    I remember first playing the huge Atari Superman at Canobie and being blown away listening to Gorgar talk!

#19 3 years ago

I hear Hampton beach has a few pins still but are a bit rough. I have touched based with a couple pinsiders up that way preemptively trying to fit in some pinball while I am on vacation from what I understand Pinball wizards is definitely the place to go These days although I may stop at funspot too if I make it up that direction.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I saw one at the Allentown show in the fleamarket section. It was still folded up, but from what I could see, it had many many plays on it. It had seen better days.
    I think he wanted $350 for it.
    I would love one of these myself, but I couldn't spend a ton of cash for it and still be able to get one not on its last leg.

You can see this folded up on Todd Tuckey's video at 16:04

#21 3 years ago

Putting this for sale on the market today for $1350 - '60 Bally Ball Park

IMG_0723_(resized).JPG

IMG_0724_(resized).JPG

IMG_0720_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside