metal flap PP (resized).png
IMG_0635 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0636 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7536373_0 (resized).jpg
49325449566_163de05060_k (resized).jpg
49290611831_6bef7ed6c1_h (resized).jpg
E0C0256D-1B19-47D5-A06F-8B959AADAB0A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Where is Matt ?? our Alvin G. PRO ?

Hi Tom,

Owner of 522910 checking in.

PP is an awesome game! I flip flop between it and MC being my favorite Alvin G, but then again I love them all!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I question the 200 production number tho. Mystery Castle is listed at 500 in ipdb but it's been fairly well proven from serial numbers that there were 250 MCS made. But empirically I see PP for sale way more often so I assume that PP was closer to the 500 attributed to MC.

Hey Robert,

Yeah, the serial number thing is always going to be in question. That said, after all these years collecting serial numbers it does look pretty clear that MC was about 226 units, and Michael Gottlieb all but confirmed that.

PP does seem to pop up fairly often and I had always attributed that to the fact that a whole bunch of these were still on the dock when Alvin G closed up in March of '94, and instead of being routed and parted out or stashed away in operator's warehouses, a lot of them went to directly to homeowners. And, since the game was pretty much universally hated, they changed hands a lot.

While I still think this is part of why we see them a bunch, I too am now thinking there were more than 200 made. A while back I started thinking about the new serial number scheme that Alvin G used on PP and it appears to me that they simply added a "10" to the end of every number. I disregarded these last two digits and took the highest and lowest numbers from my log book and I get 371 (serials 553910-516810). I need a lot more PP serials to make a final conclusion, but I think I'm on the right track. Please send me your serial numbers guys and gals (for any Alvin G games)! Thanks!

3 years later
#63 4 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Marco's has this board listed as a #PCA-028
Pistol poker shows a PCA-019A.
They look pretty different. I will call and ask non the less.
Do you know if it will work or if its an upgrade or something?
here is a pic of my board
Thank you for responding![quoted image][quoted image]

That PCA-028 will not work. The only game in the world that it works in is my Slam-N-Jam prototype. This board is very different and was going to be their next generation of power supply, but they went out of business before it could be implemented.

A bunch of these boards were made, but unfortunately they really have no use or value to speak of. The parts vendors that have them on hand nowadays snatched them up without knowing what they were.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Thanks for the information. I'd like to get the right one. any idea where I might check?
Thanks again

Keep your eyes peeled for one on eBay or offered up by someone on here. I have some in storage somewhere, and have some people interested already if/when I get them dug out, and if I end up with an extra one I’ll let you know.

8 months later
#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

just checking in..got mine today..so if they made 200 I'm guessing my number is ??
[quoted image][quoted image]

5506. Starting with PP they did a weird thing with the serials where they added a 10 to the end of every number. As to where the numbers for PP started, I can't remember.

2 years later
#190 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I found these targets inside my pistol poker when I picked it up. They are the same as the targets in the game except they are round instead of squared off on the sides. Does anybody know if they go to another Alvin G game? Also my side targets on the lower playfield are blue and I see they are red on some games.What is more common?
[quoted image]

The blue rounds were used on USA Football, USA Football redemption, A.G. Soccer-Ball, and A.G. Football.

The yellow rounds were used on Punchy The Clown, Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour Mystery Castle, and the 2 Slam-N-Jam prototypes.

As far as the PP standups go, by design they were supposed to be red. Some people converted to blues over the years as there were a bunch of these for sale years ago, but some have also surmised that maybe they used up some blue stock on the line. It's definitely possible that that occurred.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

Thanks for all the info Matt, I think it must have came out of the factory with the blues. My PP is huo and came from a private collection and had under 200 plays on it so I doubt they were ever changed. As far as the extra targets go, there's probably someone out there that needs them.

You're welcome, Don.

Very likely original then on the blue targets in your game. And yes, there's definitely a need for those other targets out there. The translucent plastic that they used just didn't hold up very well, so lots of broken ones to be replaced!

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hou pp holy crap! That’s awesome

It is cool for sure, but believe it or not, there's A LOT of HUO PP's out there. When Alvin G closed up in March of 1994, there were many PP's that were destined for overseas or to domestic distributors that never left the factory. They were sold right off of the loading dock, basically. And for cheap! Many of them went into people's homes. That's why there's so many nice ones out there.

So, even if you see a PP with a foreign coin door and a foreign country designation on the tags, but someone says it is HUO and never left the states, they probably aren't lying.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

dang! I love hearing about all this interesting info/history. Thank you!

You're welcome. I love talking about this stuff. If you're ever down in SE Iowa, I'd love to show you the Alvin G & Co. Museum.

1 week later
#200 11 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

e-mail him he makes one for the upper hole. it's a must!
[quoted image]

Another piece of PP trivia here in the playfield pic that you posted...

The guy with the ace under his hat is the game's artist, Dan Hughes.

Pinside_forum_7536373_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7536373_0 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pistol-poker-members-only-howdy-partner?tu=mattelder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.