metal flap PP (resized).png
IMG_0635 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0636 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7536373_0 (resized).jpg
49325449566_163de05060_k (resized).jpg
49290611831_6bef7ed6c1_h (resized).jpg
E0C0256D-1B19-47D5-A06F-8B959AADAB0A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

My club

I own my 3 "Alvin G." for quite a while. MC and garageband are fun, PP is a little bit boring if you have it for a longer time.
However ... Alvin G. history is a very intresting episode in pinball !! Too bad that they had no chance on the market.

For my pinball buddys its always a challenge at my home. AFM, MM, MB ... nearly everyone owns this games but on PP, MC and garageBand in conjunction with Airborne and Breakshot .... hard time for them on my machines
After 15 years in the hobby, I had many many machines ... but the Alvin G.´s are the middle of my collection.
It was hard to find them ....

Where is Matt ?? our Alvin G. PRO ?

Software: my R3 ROMS have also problems on multiballs but meanwhile I expect that this is a switch problem in the ball through.
Therefor the PP is off on the pics ....

pp1_(resized).jpgpp1_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#19 8 years ago

Wow ... Lovef2k what intresting news !!
Please hold a look on this topic, I will try to get such a coil ! That sounds like a logical solution, hopefully you are right !

Thanks for sharing !!

4 months later
#29 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

PinballAustralia has AG parts from time to time:

They had a larger stock which is becoming smaller and smaller. I ordered several times AG parts for my machines.
I bought also one of the mysterious PCA-018A and a friend of mine checked them and he is pretty sure that they will also work in all AG machines with some modifications.

My PP has the worst flipper assemblies, so by time I will change them with System 11 parts, in the past I saw and played a machine with this modification. It is not original but plays like a charme due to new parts available. original is nice but it will not help if all is worne out.

3 months later
#31 7 years ago

Looking forward to see a video !!
Always great if people work on coloring and share with the communitie !!

I would like to buy a board instead ColorDMD for RoadShow , but so far there are no really nice color setups done and I am to stupid to do so and have not the time.

Let us see PP !!

2 weeks later
#33 7 years ago

And again ...

Quoted from TomDK:

Looking forward to see a video !!
Always great if people work on coloring and share with the communitie !!
I would like to buy a board instead ColorDMD for RoadShow , but so far there are no really nice color setups done and I am to stupid to do so and have not the time.
Let us see PP !!

it would be better marketing to show some results instead offering the hardware and nobody knows whar to o with it

8 months later
#39 6 years ago

Ahhh ... Gottlieb Sys3 mechanics will fit ??
nice to know , I was thinking about switching to BW Sys11 as a workaround ... its a nightmare with parts !

1 week later
#42 6 years ago

Welcome to the club !!

5 months later
#47 6 years ago

Mhh .. if I remember right it was only removing 3 or 4 screws from the upper playfield to lift it up.
Dont forget the wiring harness under the playfield to unplug.
Under the upper playfield are several metal lanes, I am sure the wire you found is one of it.

Matt !! We need you Matt

2 years later
#83 4 years ago

PSP AU has some parts for Alvin G. but watch out:
I bought for Alvin G. "flipper shaft bushing Alvin G FSB-001" and they are *NOT* for Alvin G. machines ! I got my money back without problems but still in need of shafts and plunger.

What you can do is change compeltely to WMS Sys11. There are instrucrions in the internet. If you change the whole baseplate you can swap completely to standart parts. It is no longer original but you can play with rebuild mechanics on that.

Otherway is, there are also Gottlieb Sy2 parts out. They are nearly the same but you need bearings for "normal" flipper bat shafts and, sure, the bats itself. I am working on this but ... no time, other projects ...

7 months later
#93 3 years ago

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/converting-alvin-g-flippers-to-wms-assemblies.131415/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-g-flipper-crank

Cant be too hard. But you need complete assemblies except coils , incl. flipperbats because Alvin G. uses larger diameters.
Than just control if the EOS is normal open or closed ...
On this way you have to chance for completely renewed flipper bats ... but lost originality ... I own 5 Alvin G. and on my MC the flipper bats are weared out but ... no time, too many other pins to work on .

#95 3 years ago

The bats are not the problem ... several parts are available from pinballspareparts.com.au but important things like plungers are missing.

Same for the transparent targets. No way to find them, you can only make the clear plastic yourself and rivet to a new standuptarget from aftermarket.

11 months later
#107 2 years ago

Nice work .. I am looking forward to your paintwork due the "sprenkles" in the yellow !

For the targets .... this clear targets are not availabale for years. I am also looking for about 10 years .... A friend with a laser is looking for material to use so we can get the target plastics from him but have to buy other targets, remove the rivet and change the head .
This seems to be the only possibility at this time.

1 month later
#116 2 years ago

The cabinet is WOW .... the pistol is .... ähmmm, not my thing.
Does not fit ! IMO.

#119 2 years ago

IF you want this pistol .. add a ballshooter mechanic and a gund as a trigger ... but the combination manual shooterrod with the gun is not looking nicely ...

1 week later
#122 2 years ago

The sideart is very nice.
Normally I do not like LEDs, "modding", etc but this blades fit perfect !

#127 2 years ago

The rug really ties the room together

Have fun with your new pin !!

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from leoh383:

Ha ha, its a carpet from my grandfather. Maby its time for it to go?

NOOOOO !!!

11 months later
#158 1 year ago

Very nice mod !
Would you share the 3D file ?

What version is on IPDB ?

2 months later
#171 1 year ago

Targets with clear, colored acrylics is a thing you will not get spares for Alvin G.
In over 20 years I never saw them popping up.

#173 1 year ago

Wow !! Great !
Which forms and colors do you have ?

3 months later
#202 10 months ago

Too bad ... looking good !
Maybe other material .. is there yellow PET.G available ??

9 months later
#205 39 days ago

Yes, but this board is such a rude peace of electronics every repairservice should be able to do a fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
2,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Girard, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pistol-poker-members-only-howdy-partner?tu=TomDK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.