metal flap PP (resized).png
IMG_0635 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0636 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7536373_0 (resized).jpg
49325449566_163de05060_k (resized).jpg
49290611831_6bef7ed6c1_h (resized).jpg
E0C0256D-1B19-47D5-A06F-8B959AADAB0A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago

Hey fellow Alvin G collectors... I have been working with Jorg on a version of PIN2DMD for Pistol Poker - it's almost done. I'm pretty psyched about the ability to grab a PinballSP setup for under $200 to colorize the machine!! Great value!

1 month later
#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I bought a Pistol Poker late last summer. I had the multi-ball issue as well. I pulled my hair out for a while, thinking bad switch, software error, etc. After a multi-ball game there would be 1 and sometimes 2 balls left in the shooter lane when game ended. One day I had the apron off and I was observing the action of the outhole kicker and noticed that kicker was very harsh when kicking the ball over to the ball release mechanism. I also noticed there was some peening on the underside of the apron which suggested that the balls were hopping and hitting it.
So here's the problem, when you have 2 or 3 balls on the playfield and one drains, the trough is empty and the strong kicker would hit so hard that the ball would go too far and end up at the shooter lane release switch. That switch will activate the release coil every time a ball lands on it. If the trough was loaded with 2 or 3 balls, this wouldn't be an issue because the balls cannot jump over the bar with those balls in the way.
When I bough the game the seller was nice enough to give me 3 extra NOS coils. One of which was CLL-004(same coil as the shooter lane release coil). This coil has almost twice the resistance of the CLL-006 which is what the game calls for in the outhole kicker mech. A higher resistant coil has a weaker(softer) action. I swapped the 006 to the 004 and it seems to have eliminated the problem of the balls jumping over the trough bar and so far after about 100 games, the game not lost track of any balls. The CLL-006 coil is way to strong for what it needs to do IMO. It only has to move the ball about 6-8 inches, but it's strong enough to be used on a sling or pop bumper.
I hope many of you can try this and report on your results.
Rich

I found this post interesting and because I really love my PP - and so decided to check this theory out for myself. Prior to reading this I avoided selecting multiball modes because it would always result in ruining the game due to the "multiball error".

I removed the apron and played a few games to see if I saw in my machine the behavior Rich noticed. Great catch Rich! I noticed the same behavior in my machine - the CLL-006 coil would snap the ball forcefully from the drain up to the "holding area" and like a newton's cradle (those clacking balls people sometimes have on their desks) - the balls already in the holding area would transmit the force of the CLL-006 from the first to the last ball in the stack knocking it out into the shooter lane when it really shouldn't have been released.

After reading this saw that Steve Young's Pinball Resource has the CLL-004 coils in stock - so I replaced the CLL-006 that was in the machine with one from Steve. Best money I ever spent. I won't say that it's perfect (my PP still regularly releases a ball into the shooter lane when it initializes after first being turned on) but I don't experience the multiball failure anymore.

If you like your Pistol Poker and want to make it more fun - do this update - you'll be glad you did!

4 years later
#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

My solution was to fashion a simple bracket that sits over the ball 1 location in the trough. This makes the area above the release bracket to small for the balls to fit through thus stopping them from being able to jump it. This has fixed my multi ball issue. Bonus to this mod is with the existing wire that keeps the balls from falling back to the outhole, the Playfield can now be lifted with the balls still in the trough with no worries of them falling out. I forgot to take a picture of it, but will at some point and post it up.

Hey - can you please post a pic of the bracket you made - my game was fine for a couple of years and now balls started jumping the release bracket again. Ready to try your fix! Thanks

1 year later
#155 1 year ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Evening Everyone,
A few more updates on the progress
Had a few plastics that were broken " Gun, Slings etc " and of course no spares are available. So made some spares
Also managed to get the Blades printed and installed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just saw your thread. Really nice work on this Pistol Poker. Happy to send pictures of my game if needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Girard, OH
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pistol-poker-members-only-howdy-partner?tu=Pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.