Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by McPin54
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190911_112122 (resized).jpg
20190911_112132 (resized).jpg
Pistol Poker cards (resized).jpg
03ECBFF1-04B5-4CAD-9415-B41FB6FAFD0A (resized).jpeg
20170705_204510 (resized).jpg
20170705_204516 (resized).jpg
20170705_204505 (resized).jpg
20170705_204033 (resized).jpg
20170705_202007 (resized).jpg
DSC_0175 (resized).JPG
DSC_0173 (resized).JPG
2016-10-10 23.33.17 (resized).jpg
2016-10-10 19.15.50 (resized).jpg
pp1_(resized).jpg
20151204_132118_resized.jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I own a nearly new Pistol Poker. I bought it from Gene Cunningham years ago. He had never plugged it in and I am pretty sure that he bought or bartered for it when brand new. (It was stored in his main heated warehouse but in an area with no power nearby.) When I brought it home (to my heated warehouse), the counter showed 10 games on it, probably from games played at the factory as there were still cardboard protectors on parts of the playfield. So I removed the protectors and played about 20 games. It has been sitting here unplayed since then.

It is time to thin the herd. If anyone is looking for a pristine Pistol Poker, in "new out of box" condition, let me know.

Tom

5 months later
#52 11 months ago

Recently joined the Pistol Poker club. Very happy with the game, lots of game play for the price point.

Had a couple questions. Anyone experience problems with the shooter rod and getting the ball into game play? Also getting an error message "Flasher Lamp Problem". Any suggestions on resolving these problems?

Has anyone considered doing a plunger conversion to a gun like what is used in the Shadow or Indiana Jones, etc? Not sure if this is even feasible but it be great to have a gun plunger on this game. Thanks for the help.

#53 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone considered doing a plunger conversion to a gun like what is used in the Shadow or Indiana Jones, etc? Not sure if this is even feasible but it be great to have a gun plunger on this game. Thanks for the help.

Could it be done? Yeah, pull an auto launcher from agbgowt or mc. Then wire in your gun handle. Modify the roms to utilize that switch to fire the coil.

Why on earth would you do it though? If you want a game that has a gun style auto launcher just go buy one. No sense in modifying a low production game just so you can pull a fake trigger.

#54 11 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Could it be done? Yeah, pull an auto launcher from agbgowt or mc. Then wire in your gun handle. Modify the roms to utilize that switch to fire the coil.
Why on earth would you do it though? If you want a game that has a gun style auto launcher just go buy one. No sense in modifying a low production game just so you can pull a fake trigger.

True, have no idea what is involved. Just wondering if it would be an easy fix. Guess not. If I am keeping the game for my collection, I don't mind paying for modifications.

#55 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

True, have no idea what is involved. Just wondering if it would be an easy fix. Guess not. If I am keeping the game for my collection, I don't mind paying for modifications.

It isn't and please don't wreck a rare machine because you think a mod would be cool... Just stick some stupid toy on top and call it a day.

3 months later
#56 7 months ago

Not much love in the Pistol Poker thread. I had these custom cards made for my Pistol Poker. If you are interested in purchasing a copy, send a PM to Mr_Tantrum. He charges $6 for the pair. They are great quality.
Pistol Poker cards (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#57 6 months ago

Pistol Poker issue. Game stopped advancing when you get the shot in the hole in the middle and now does not even say "Ready-Aim-Fire" or even use the flippers to advance what you want to put it at on the back box by selecting a suit. Ball does shoot out to the top of the playfield. Also when making a suit like a pair of Jacks, or Queens or Ace and Jack, etc it will not advance to another suit as stays in that position. One more issue is the left Slingshot does not work. Contacts are fine and in test mode the coil works. All these issues stopped working at the same time. Help please as I am stumped. I did change the CPU, Matrix board as well as the power supply with extra boards but had to change some Roms to the other boards. Any suggestions? Thank you.

1 month later
#58 4 months ago

Plastic protectors for Pistol Poker being released at the end of April.

4 months later
#59 5 days ago

Hey fellas! Recently acquired a Pistol Poker. Really enjoying it so far. I too was having issues with balls loading when they were not supposed to during multiball. I had not found this thread yet or it may have saved me some time. I eventually did figure out that the outhole coil was very strong causing the balls to “jump” the release coil bracket thus allowing balls to enter the shooter lane when they were not supposed to. My solution was to fashion a simple bracket that sits over the ball 1 location in the trough. This makes the area above the release bracket to small for the balls to fit through thus stopping them from being able to jump it. This has fixed my multi ball issue. Bonus to this mod is with the existing wire that keeps the balls from falling back to the outhole, the Playfield can now be lifted with the balls still in the trough with no worries of them falling out. I forgot to take a picture of it, but will at some point and post it up.

On another note, does anyone know if there are any cliffy protectors out there that will work on the scoop holes on the upper Playfield?

#60 4 days ago

Does anyone have a power board for sale?

Thank you!!!

#61 4 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Thank you!!!

Marco has them: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PCA-028

#62 4 days ago

Marco's has this board listed as a #PCA-028
Pistol poker shows a PCA-019A.

They look pretty different. I will call and ask non the less.

Do you know if it will work or if its an upgrade or something?

here is a pic of my board

Thank you for responding!

20190911_112122 (resized).jpg20190911_112132 (resized).jpg
#63 4 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Marco's has this board listed as a #PCA-028
Pistol poker shows a PCA-019A.
They look pretty different. I will call and ask non the less.
Do you know if it will work or if its an upgrade or something?
here is a pic of my board
Thank you for responding![quoted image][quoted image]

That PCA-028 will not work. The only game in the world that it works in is my Slam-N-Jam prototype. This board is very different and was going to be their next generation of power supply, but they went out of business before it could be implemented.

A bunch of these boards were made, but unfortunately they really have no use or value to speak of. The parts vendors that have them on hand nowadays snatched them up without knowing what they were.

#64 4 days ago
Quoted from MattElder:

That PCA-028 will not work. The only game in the world that it works in is my Slam-N-Jam prototype. This board is very different and was going to be their next generation of power supply, but they went out of business before it could be implemented.
A bunch of these boards were made, but unfortunately they really have no use or value to speak of. The parts vendors that have them on hand nowadays snatched them up without knowing what they were.

Thanks for the information. I'd like to get the right one. any idea where I might check?

Thanks again

#65 4 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Check with forceflow ... I've seen him with other Alvin boards. He may have a stash or a line on a stash.
faz

#66 4 days ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Alvin G expert to the rescue. Marco needs to change that listing then. I would have made the same mistake. I see now from an earlier thread, that even Planetary didn't have the power boards. Power boards are usually pretty basic in design. Surprised one hasn't been replicated.

#67 4 days ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Check with forceflow ... I've seen him with other Alvin boards. He may have a stash or a line on a stash.
faz

All I have left are a few DMD controllers and MPUs. All the sound boards and power supplies I had are gone.

#68 4 days ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

was already knocking on his door before my post! Lol

Thanks Faz

#69 4 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Alvin G expert to the rescue. Marco needs to change that listing then. I would have made the same mistake. I see now from an earlier thread, that even Planetary didn't have the power boards. Power boards are usually pretty basic in design. Surprised one hasn't been replicated.

I agree. Probably due to the small demand because of low production games that would use them.

#70 3 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Thanks for the information. I'd like to get the right one. any idea where I might check?
Thanks again

Keep your eyes peeled for one on eBay or offered up by someone on here. I have some in storage somewhere, and have some people interested already if/when I get them dug out, and if I end up with an extra one I’ll let you know.

#71 3 days ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Keep your eyes peeled for one on eBay or offered up by someone on here. I have some in storage somewhere, and have some people interested already if/when I get them dug out, and if I end up with an extra one I’ll let you know.

much appreciated!

Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Aurora, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 275.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
TheDudeMods
$ 69.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside