5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Fastfred
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PP contact4 (resized).jpg
    PP contact3 (resized).jpg
    PP contact2 (resized).jpg
    PP contact1 (resized).jpg
    PP contact (resized).jpg
    B3517380-F907-4E56-A03F-DC7F6F2B219F (resized).jpeg
    AB6B1994-1D66-4516-9FFF-038580CD8231 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fastfred.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I bought a Alvin G Pistol Poker that had several problems. I fixed just about everyone of the issues since this machine has not been used in 10 plus years. I checked all the connections took apart, put back, check all the fuses (taken each one out) on the side as well as the Power board and then checked the wiring of the Flippers. I notice the left cabinet flipper contacts did not have a Ohm capacitor or resistor attached as the right side does have two. I crossed a wire over to both sides just to see if the flipper would work and it did. I was in this business repairing and operation PB machines, etc back in the 70's to mid 80's. Never worked on a Alvin G or ever even seen one after leaving the business. I have no information if it does suppose to have a resistor, etc as looking at the soldering it looks like it did and is completely missing. Think this is the issues that is causing the other two flippers (right side and top right side) to not operate? Please advise on what I need to use to get this working again. Just in case it is something else please let me know. Thank you, Fred

#3 5 years ago

Thank you so much. Looks like I need some replacement cabinet flipper contacts as the ones on the machine is not even close to what it is. Anyone suggest where I can order these or what company might be close to replace.

Fred

PP contact (resized).jpgPP contact (resized).jpgPP contact1 (resized).jpgPP contact1 (resized).jpgPP contact2 (resized).jpgPP contact2 (resized).jpgPP contact3 (resized).jpgPP contact3 (resized).jpgPP contact4 (resized).jpgPP contact4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fastfred.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pistol-poker-flippers-don-t-work-?tu=Fastfred and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.