Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87268A41-E87C-459E-B6CD-73E178DA74B0.jpeg
9DB7ACF6-D997-46F7-8980-DF006CA6B7F8 (resized).jpeg
0152bb9c64d2fe52a44887428b9963d5--bye-felicia-book-jacket (resized).jpg
6B2309B1-F787-4D1B-8630-EDD5CF959D81 (resized).jpeg
4669EA2A-897E-418D-A5B1-0E1C9117B33E (resized).png
B4414E5C-A820-415D-9E4E-A937DBB17CED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

I’m starting off by saying pinball sellers are a pissy bunch.
Long story short;
Seller lists machine at 800 (semi desirable, machine obviously doesn’t work).
Shitty pictures posted, none of which show the machine on, or any detailed photos of playfield.
No close up photos of backglass, or inside of machine.
I initially offered 500 sight unseen. Seller has an I phone, so I witnessed at least 5 minutes of text writing. No response.
Text him again today offering the full 800 if he could tell me if BG was peeling and provide more photos of PF.
No response.
Am I the asshole here? Or is it people want too much damn money for shit that doesn’t even work?
Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight.
Btw the machine is SS just past the EM period

I'll tell you what the problem could be, you are only 30 minutes away and you are asking the guy to take time and examine the machine for you and send you more pictures. A good way to judge if a inquiring person is a tire kicker is how much work they are willing to do. Serious buyers generally say something along the lines of 'I want to buy it, when can I come check it out/pick it up?'. If you are 30 minutes away and you don't want take the time to go look at it yourself, you might not come off as a serious person that is ready to buy. There are a lot of time wasters out there. It probably didn't help that you started with a fairly low offer compared to his asking price, that can turn people off pretty quickly too.

I had a guy last year ask me for the total history of the machine I was selling, a list of all the work done to it, and more pictures covering every inch of the machine. The guy lived 35 minutes away. My response was "That sounds like too much work." I sold it to someone else.

*Also, those pictures are pretty friggin good for a random craigslist ad. Most photos on CL are much, much worse.

And this statement -> "Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight." implies that your time is more valuable than his. Another turn off.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

The poster read literally none of this and it was sold already.
You sound bitter

LOL, I sound bitter? I'm keepin' it real baby!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pissed-off-a-cl-seller?tu=herbertbsharp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.