Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87268A41-E87C-459E-B6CD-73E178DA74B0.jpeg
9DB7ACF6-D997-46F7-8980-DF006CA6B7F8 (resized).jpeg
0152bb9c64d2fe52a44887428b9963d5--bye-felicia-book-jacket (resized).jpg
6B2309B1-F787-4D1B-8630-EDD5CF959D81 (resized).jpeg
4669EA2A-897E-418D-A5B1-0E1C9117B33E (resized).png
B4414E5C-A820-415D-9E4E-A937DBB17CED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Md2020.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’m starting off by saying pinball sellers are a pissy bunch.
Long story short;
Seller lists machine at 800 (semi desirable, machine obviously doesn’t work).
Shitty pictures posted, none of which show the machine on, or any detailed photos of playfield.
No close up photos of backglass, or inside of machine.

I initially offered 500 sight unseen. Seller has an I phone, so I witnessed at least 5 minutes of text writing. No response.
Text him again today offering the full 800 if he could tell me if BG was peeling and provide more photos of PF.
No response.

Am I the asshole here? Or is it people want too much damn money for shit that doesn’t even work?
Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight.
Btw the machine is SS just past the EM period

#3 4 years ago

Nah.
It’s been posted for a while now.

#9 4 years ago

Beat me to it.
Just had to verify my account, with an easy payment of 5.00.
Glad your friend got it. Interested to know what all was wrong with it.
Squinting at the photos, it looked like the PF was possibly in ok condition

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure that's not going to be the only game in town. You gave it a shot; that's all you can do. Try not to make assumptions from a lack of response and try not to get worked up over it.

I didn’t get “worked up” I hope. Idk, was possibly looking for some tips/tricks to level up with the machines. I’m working my way up to a Williams system 11 hopefully. I didn’t jump quickly enough on a taxi that was available for a bit here. It sold

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'll tell you what the problem could be, you are only 30 minutes away and you are asking the guy to take time and examine the machine for you and send you more pictures. A good way to judge if a inquiring person is a tire kicker is how much work they are willing to do. Serious buyers generally say something along the lines of 'I want to buy it, when can I come check it out/pick it up?'. If you are 30 minutes away and you don't want take the time to go look at it yourself, you might not come off as a serious person that is ready to buy. There are a lot of time wasters out there. It probably didn't help that you started with a fairly low offer compared to his asking price, that can turn people off pretty quickly too.
I had a guy last year ask me for the total history of the machine I was selling, a list of all the work done to it, and more pictures covering every inch of the machine. The guy lived 35 minutes away. My response was "That sounds like too much work." I sold it to someone else.
*Also, those pictures are pretty friggin good for a random craigslist ad. Most photos on CL are much, much worse.
And this statement -> "Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight." implies that your time is more valuable than his. Another turn off.

The poster read LITERALLY none of this and it was sold already.
You obviously don’t live nearby, since it’s at least an hour drive during rush hour.
You sound bitter, possibly triggering your entire useless comment.

#16 4 years ago

I do dig the Tom Selleck (am I blind?) profile pic.

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

LOL, I sound bitter? I'm keepin' real baby!

#18 4 years ago

Well shit, I’m as proud as ever to claim I’m a “verified pinsider” now.
Best 5.00 I ever spent. No buyers remorse whatsoever

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I don't see where you "pissed off" the seller.
Sounds like he ignored your offers and sold to someone else.

You couldn’t read the entire post? He spent 5 minutes composing a text he never sent. This was yesterday. The post still stands today.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Yeah, that was worth way more than $500.

yeah it was worth 400, for what it sold for.

#23 4 years ago

Ok. Have fun with the post, all. I’m done here.
I’m gonna make the most of this 5.00

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You're reading quite a bit into that.
"Hmmmmm....... Should I send 'No Thanks', or not. Hmmmmm....... Nah."

I read enough into it to make it onto pinsides shit list, lol.
Jesus, this turned into grand central station.
I’m gonna make my way to the door and say I’m “glad pinside is here”. I mean it.
Christ, can a man chug a couple beers and ask questions without crucifixion on occasion.
Answer: no

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

You Serious?[quoted image]

That’s a beautiful photo of Christian Marche

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Bam! Force flow knocks it out of the park again.
Absolutely correct!
We are only a pissy bunch when we get lowballed AND asked too many questions.
Peace to you...and you may want to find a new hobby.
The days of less than $500 digital pins are over, forever.

It sold for 400. Read the post

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Irrelevant. Game was worth $400, $500, or $800.
You drop everything and jump in the car at once, if you want the deals. It's called making a move.
If you do not, someone else will (and apparently did).
We are all basically telling you the same thing!
Look at our collections.
We know what we are talking about, because we've all been in every conceivable situation similar to this (both ends).
Enjoy your Triple Action.
90 seconds of fun filled pinball entertainment!

90 seconds? Maybe for you since you can’t keep the ball on the playfield for more than that.
Good to know how many pins in your collection equals your worth.
Have fun with your pins and no family that cares about you!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Time to get up from the keyboard.

10 fucking 4, mang

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Well done cementing your reputation as a self-important, disrespectful little keyboard commando. You're done here. Screw off. Can someone ban this little troll?

Best 5.00 I ever spent.

1 week later
#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

Ha! Just learned about this thread from another craigslister/pinsider that I was considering buying a machine from today.
I am the guy who bought the playfield. It’s rad. The machine is in great shape too but it didn’t work and I don’t really like older games. I offered to take both for $1000 but he passed. I would have turned it into a head/BG light and EK coffee table.
Funny thing is, he passed my number to someone else later that day who generously offered me $1k. He was cool but I said no. It’s not about the money or putting it in a machine. It’s about a kicka$$ piece of Americana.
Let’s just be clear, the seller is extremely challenging to deal with at best. He actually cancelled on me once when I was leaving to come get it and then after 4 days of texting he sold it to me for $450, not $400. He had plenty of time to do whatever research he wanted and was free to say ‘no deal’. He said someone was coming after me to look at it. I don’t think they did or they pbly would have bought it.
The machine is in nice condition. IMO, for a machine like this, value depends on how bad the buyer wants it but there is some meat left on the bone for whoever can finally manage to pin this guy down.[quoted image]

Thanks for confirming! This post quickly devolved into a Jerry Springer-esque pissing match with a bunch of my retorts being moderated. The guy DID end up responding to Me and was trying to get me to meet him at a storage unit at 5:30 am-this whole ordeal ended up leaving a bad taste in my mouth about both pinside and the machine in general, so I passed on it.
Ended up with another machine after I cooled off and finally realized this hobby is filled with a bunch of sensitive man children, myself included!!!

That playfield sure is sweet, man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Md2020.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pissed-off-a-cl-seller?tu=Md2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.