Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87268A41-E87C-459E-B6CD-73E178DA74B0.jpeg
9DB7ACF6-D997-46F7-8980-DF006CA6B7F8 (resized).jpeg
0152bb9c64d2fe52a44887428b9963d5--bye-felicia-book-jacket (resized).jpg
6B2309B1-F787-4D1B-8630-EDD5CF959D81 (resized).jpeg
4669EA2A-897E-418D-A5B1-0E1C9117B33E (resized).png
B4414E5C-A820-415D-9E4E-A937DBB17CED (resized).jpeg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I’m starting off by saying pinball sellers are a pissy bunch.
Long story short;
Seller lists machine at 800 (semi desirable, machine obviously doesn’t work).
Shitty pictures posted, none of which show the machine on, or any detailed photos of playfield.
No close up photos of backglass, or inside of machine.

I initially offered 500 sight unseen. Seller has an I phone, so I witnessed at least 5 minutes of text writing. No response.
Text him again today offering the full 800 if he could tell me if BG was peeling and provide more photos of PF.
No response.

Am I the asshole here? Or is it people want too much damn money for shit that doesn’t even work?
Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight.
Btw the machine is SS just past the EM period

#2 4 years ago

Maybe nobody is the asshole and someone else offered more before he could respond to you.

#3 4 years ago

Nah.
It’s been posted for a while now.

#4 4 years ago

I'm sure that's not going to be the only game in town. You gave it a shot; that's all you can do. Try not to make assumptions from a lack of response and try not to get worked up over it.

#5 4 years ago

He has no clue about pinball it was his dads machine. When he listed it there was a picture of a NOS playfield and he ended up selling it to a guy for $400...not me.

#6 4 years ago

What was the pin? CL link?

#8 4 years ago

Some people don't like too many words or questions.

And DON'T mention you are on Pinside, or they will bar you.

#9 4 years ago

Beat me to it.
Just had to verify my account, with an easy payment of 5.00.
Glad your friend got it. Interested to know what all was wrong with it.
Squinting at the photos, it looked like the PF was possibly in ok condition

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure that's not going to be the only game in town. You gave it a shot; that's all you can do. Try not to make assumptions from a lack of response and try not to get worked up over it.

I didn’t get “worked up” I hope. Idk, was possibly looking for some tips/tricks to level up with the machines. I’m working my way up to a Williams system 11 hopefully. I didn’t jump quickly enough on a taxi that was available for a bit here. It sold

#11 4 years ago

Sorry, not my friend. I sold a "wall hanger" playfield to him. He told me the story when he picked it up.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Long story short;
Shitty pictures posted, none of which show the machine on, or any detailed photos of playfield.
I initially offered 500 sight unseen. Seller has an I phone, so I witnessed at least 5 minutes of text writing. No response.
Text him again today offering the full 800 if he could tell me if BG was peeling and provide more photos of PF.
No response.
Am I the asshole here? Or is it people want too much damn money for shit that doesn’t even work?
Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight.

I'll tell you what the problem could be, you are only 30 minutes away and you are asking the guy to take time and examine the machine for you and send you more pictures. A good way to judge if a inquiring person is a tire kicker is how much work they are willing to do. Serious buyers generally say something along the lines of 'I want to buy it, when can I come check it out/pick it up?'. If you are 30 minutes away and you don't want take the time to go look at it yourself, you might not come off as a serious person that is ready to buy. There are a lot of time wasters out there. It probably didn't help that you started with a fairly low offer compared to his asking price, that can turn people off pretty quickly too.

I had a guy last year ask me for the total history of the machine I was selling, a list of all the work done to it, and more pictures covering every inch of the machine. The guy lived 35 minutes away. My response was "That sounds like too much work." I sold it to someone else.

*Also, those pictures are pretty friggin good for a random craigslist ad. Most photos on CL are much, much worse.

And this statement -> "Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight." implies that your time is more valuable than his. Another turn off.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'll tell you what the problem could be, you are only 30 minutes away and you are asking the guy to take time and examine the machine for you and send you more pictures. A good way to judge if a inquiring person is a tire kicker is how much work they are willing to do. Serious buyers generally say something along the lines of 'I want to buy it, when can I come check it out/pick it up?'. If you are 30 minutes away and you don't want take the time to go look at it yourself, you might not come off as a serious person that is ready to buy. There are a lot of time wasters out there. It probably didn't help that you started with a fairly low offer compared to his asking price, that can turn people off pretty quickly too.
I had a guy last year ask me for the total history of the machine I was selling, a list of all the work done to it, and more pictures covering every inch of the machine. The guy lived 35 minutes away. My response was "That sounds like too much work." I sold it to someone else.
*Also, those pictures are pretty friggin good for a random craigslist ad. Most photos on CL are much, much worse.
And this statement -> "Honestly I’d go look at it in person, by my time is valuable and I don’t think I want to waste it looking at an 800 pound paperweight." implies that your time is more valuable than his. Another turn off.

The poster read LITERALLY none of this and it was sold already.
You obviously don’t live nearby, since it’s at least an hour drive during rush hour.
You sound bitter, possibly triggering your entire useless comment.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

The poster read literally none of this and it was sold already.
You sound bitter

LOL, I sound bitter? I'm keepin' it real baby!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

The poster read literally none of this and it was sold already.
You sound bitter

No, he sounds like someone who knows exactly what he's talking about. Everything he said was right on the mark.

#16 4 years ago

I do dig the Tom Selleck (am I blind?) profile pic.

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

LOL, I sound bitter? I'm keepin' real baby!

#17 4 years ago

I don't see where you "pissed off" the seller.
Sounds like he ignored your offers and sold to someone else.

#18 4 years ago

Well shit, I’m as proud as ever to claim I’m a “verified pinsider” now.
Best 5.00 I ever spent. No buyers remorse whatsoever

#19 4 years ago

Yeah, that was worth way more than $500.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I don't see where you "pissed off" the seller.
Sounds like he ignored your offers and sold to someone else.

You couldn’t read the entire post? He spent 5 minutes composing a text he never sent. This was yesterday. The post still stands today.

#21 4 years ago

800 was a steal for that game. Don't fart around. Buy it now. You snoozed and lost.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Yeah, that was worth way more than $500.

yeah it was worth 400, for what it sold for.

#23 4 years ago

Ok. Have fun with the post, all. I’m done here.
I’m gonna make the most of this 5.00

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

The poster read LITERALLY none of this and it was sold already.
You obviously don’t live nearby, since it’s at least an hour drive during rush hour.
You sound bitter, possibly triggering your entire useless comment.

He was offering some good, experienced advice.

A hour's drive is nothing. I've driven 4 hours each way for a single potato quality craigslist photo the size of a postage stamp. Most of my pick-ups are usually a 2-3 hour's drive each way.

1) You need to be decisive.
2) You need to be quick.
3) You need to make it as easy as possible for the seller to say yes to you.

If you're wishy-washy, indecisive, and/or not willing to pick up 'n go immediately to close a deal, then you probably aren't going to end up getting the game.

Sellers are not going to serve at your pleasure. It's very competitive out there--sellers have ample opportunity to pick the lowest hanging fruit for a quick & easy deal. If you don't sound like you're going to make it a quick & easy deal, then sellers have plenty of other options.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

He spent 5 minutes composing a text he never sent.

You're reading quite a bit into that.
"Hmmmmm....... Should I send 'No Thanks', or not. Hmmmmm....... Nah."

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You're reading quite a bit into that.
"Hmmmmm....... Should I send 'No Thanks', or not. Hmmmmm....... Nah."

I read enough into it to make it onto pinsides shit list, lol.
Jesus, this turned into grand central station.
I’m gonna make my way to the door and say I’m “glad pinside is here”. I mean it.
Christ, can a man chug a couple beers and ask questions without crucifixion on occasion.
Answer: no

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

I do dig the Tom Selleck (am I blind?) profile pic.

You Serious?
B4414E5C-A820-415D-9E4E-A937DBB17CED (resized).jpegB4414E5C-A820-415D-9E4E-A937DBB17CED (resized).jpeg

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

He was offering some good, experienced advice.
A hour's drive is nothing. I've driven 4 hours each way for a single potato quality craigslist photo the size of a postage stamp. Most of my pick-ups are usually a 2-3 hour's drive each way.
2) You need to be quick.
If you're wishy-washy, indecisive, and/or not willing to pick up 'n go immediately to close a deal, then you probably aren't going to end up getting the game.
Sellers are not going to serve at your pleasure. It's very competitive out there--sellers have ample opportunity to pick the lowest hanging fruit for a quick & easy deal. If you don't sound like you're going to make it a quick & easy deal, then sellers have plenty of other options.

Saw a game I wanted for over 2 years that was 5 hours away. Messaged seller. Placed 100 deposit. Locked down sale. 10 hour round trip today to pick up.

This how you do it or you will continue to be disappointed. And pin-less.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

2) You need to be quick.

Bam! Force flow knocks it out of the park again.
Absolutely correct!

We are only a pissy bunch when we get lowballed AND asked too many questions.

Peace to you...and you may want to find a new hobby.
The days of less than $500 digital pins are over, forever.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

You Serious?[quoted image]

That’s a beautiful photo of Christian Marche

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Bam! Force flow knocks it out of the park again.
Absolutely correct!
We are only a pissy bunch when we get lowballed AND asked too many questions.
Peace to you...and you may want to find a new hobby.
The days of less than $500 digital pins are over, forever.

It sold for 400. Read the post

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

I’m gonna make my way to the door and say I’m “glad pinside is here”. I mean it.
Christ, can a man chug a couple beers and ask questions without crucifixion on occasion.

You’re not on the shit list nor is this a crucifixion. There’s some solid advice in this thread along with a very minimal bit of snark. Stick around and enjoy yourself, we’re all here to have fun and flip.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Wow. You asked the questions. We answered the questions.
Apparently you don't like the answers. No one has been nasty, rude, or dismissive about it.
Lighten up. It's only pinball.

#34 4 years ago

It was listed at 1200 and I emailed , no reply. Went to 1000, emailed again no reply. I saw it at 800 and figgured it was a scam. Good buy at 1000 I think

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

If you ask a genuine question, you'll get thoughtful answers. If you're snarky or sassy, you can probably expect to see that in return.

For example, you said:

Quoted from Md2020:

Quoted from Md2020:

Quoted from Md2020:

Instead, you could say: "Do you have any advice on buying games from craigslist?"

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Hey, you started a post and got that little fire going by it. I've never done that.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

It sold for 400. Read the post

Irrelevant. Game was worth $400, $500, or $800.

You drop everything and jump in the car at once, if you want the deals. It's called making a move.
If you do not, someone else will (and apparently did).

We are all basically telling you the same thing!
Look at our collections.
We know what we are talking about, because we've all been in every conceivable situation similar to this (both ends).

Enjoy your Triple Action.
90 seconds of fun filled pinball entertainment!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Irrelevant. Game was worth $400, $500, or $800.
You drop everything and jump in the car at once, if you want the deals. It's called making a move.
If you do not, someone else will (and apparently did).
We are all basically telling you the same thing!
Look at our collections.
We know what we are talking about, because we've all been in every conceivable situation similar to this (both ends).
Enjoy your Triple Action.
90 seconds of fun filled pinball entertainment!

90 seconds? Maybe for you since you can’t keep the ball on the playfield for more than that.
Good to know how many pins in your collection equals your worth.
Have fun with your pins and no family that cares about you!

#39 4 years ago

It's time to get up from the keyboard and play some pinball.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Time to get up from the keyboard.

10 fucking 4, mang

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

90 seconds? Maybe for you since you can’t keep the ball on the playfield for more than that.
Good to know how many pins in your collection equals your worth.
Have fun with your pins and no family that cares about you!

Post removed per request of moderator

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Well done cementing your reputation as a self-important, disrespectful little keyboard commando. You're done here. Screw off. Can someone ban this little troll?

Best 5.00 I ever spent.

#44 4 years ago

I can only imagine the CL seller's disappointment in not having a chance to make a deal with the OP.

#45 4 years ago

What machine was it?

#46 4 years ago

In our area, yes.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What machine was it?

It was a Evil Knievel Mike.

Hell i recently almost drove 9 hours one way for just the lower half of a EK. One I could look at with in a few hours no brainer.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

You couldn’t read the entire post? He spent 5 minutes composing a text he never sent. This was yesterday. The post still stands today.

Doubt it was 5mins of typing at all. More likely started to type, got a text from another person, maybe even the one he sold it to, and left yours hanging. could of been one letter, but until you hit send (or erase what was started) it’ll look like someone’s typing but really they’re not.... eventually it times out and goes away.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Long story short;
No response.

What game is it?

You have piqued my curiosity.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

That’s a beautiful photo of Christian Marche

Seriously!!!
It is obviously Bette Midler.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pissed-off-a-cl-seller?hl=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.