Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mbecker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Fess up, what got hurt?”

• Glass shattered or cracked 2 votes
      6%
    • Hands, fists, fingers etc 20 votes
      56%
    • Legs, feet, toes, etc 6 votes
      17%
    • Other?! 8 votes
      22%

(36 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9ae29023b03d3cba1c1013430965e76a7eac96afe7db9a9554a8d00252bf4879 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crispin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago

I get pissed when things don't make sense and It looks like everything checks out but your pin still won't work. I have a Flash Gordon that I bought knowing the sound didn't work properly,(the reason why the last guy had to move her out the door.) I spent a few months working with Clive from Coin op cauldron on my sound boards. He eventually suggested that the Alltek mpu might not be reading the rom in the 2 board sound system so he sent me a sqwauk and talk to try out. Same symptoms occurred with the sqwauk and talk. I spoke with Dave from Alltel to see if anyone else experienced this issue and he said he'd never heard of this problem. I was just about to chuck in the towel when I came across a working Flash Gordon mpu on ebay. I figured what the hell I've spent enough time and money and I can always use the Alltek in another game down the road. Original mpu arrived and worked perfectly! I tried the Alltek board in my Fathom and she behaved like Flash Gordon! I had a bad Alltek board the whole time and was chasing the issue thruogh the sound boards. Doh!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crispin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pissed-at-your-pinball?tu=crispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.